TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye

Heavy Metal and subgenre description

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Edited to imbed. Let's make this page "Old School or No School."

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Here's something Laz will gush over.

Punk/thrash/proto-death. Sloppy as fuck and fast.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Horrific whore, you don't want to find her

Terror to tube steak, a literal meat grinder

Avoid the slut in the barbed wire thong

Look in between her legs, you'll see something's wrong

There is a heavy price for some who get laid

Submitting a stiff prick to go under the blade

Put your dick in her hell hole and your ecstacy fades

Fucking a cunt stuffed with razor blades

Manhood mutilator - Razorcunt

A sexual masochist of the worst kind

Take her to bed and terror is what you'll find

Rusty nails in her clit and labias are something to see

Her crotch is a nightmare to geneaology

Your schlong slaughtered before you blow a wad

She's the man mutilator the ultimate imasculator

Her twat can chew up a steel vibrator

Her brutal box is a pubic bear trap

Certain doom for any cock penetrating the gap

It's a horrorifice - her orifice

Your penis shreds in the goreifice

This piece of ass isn't blunt

Manhood mutilator - Razorcunt

She giggles as her barbaric crevice whittles your rod

Your schlong slaughtered before you drop your load

Your flesh pipe red, carved and lacerated

You'd still have a pecker if you masturbated

Her most intimate area lined with razored steel

Scream as you screw from the pain that you feel

Your dick sliced to ribbons within a jagged slit

Hard on once whole, now nothing left of it

Penis nothing more than bloody ground chuck

Eat her out go down on bushy butcher knives

Your mouth maimed from suicidal muff dives

Penis nothing more than bloody ground chuck

Man meat hacked away from a masacratine fuck

So, what would you say the best Sunn0))) album is? My pick would be Flight of the Behemoth.

I checked out Sun O))) a couple weeks ago actually... thought it sounded like if Steve Roach did black metal

That Mutilator sounds like early Sodom, not bad. Speaking of which I'll have to post some of that

Here's something Laz will gush over.

Punk/thrash/proto-death. Sloppy as fuck and fast.

No speakers at work, but I shall check this out ASAP when I get home.

And here's something the whole family can enjoy...

Teratism - "Desire for the Demented"

Brockton, MA-based death metal. I love finding little oddities in my local scene.

Hypersolid - "Tides of War"

Fucking HILARIOUS guys. Friends of my band's singer, and they practice right down the hall from us. The singer works at Lupo's in Providence, and I run into the bassist at shows here and there (most recently Nachtmystium/Opeth, the latter he calls Qpeth). Never a dull/serious moment with these sons of bitches, and they can fucking GO.

Some of the other groups Steven O' Malley was in (Khanate, Burning Witch, Thorr's Hammer) deserve some love as well.

Or to...well, all of the stuff I like is fast...uhhh...Demolition Hammer's Time Bomb album is kinda slow and groovy, though...their worst, but it's better than a lot of recent shit.

Okay...so what's everybody's opinion on this deathcore shyte? Animosity, Despised Icon, Job For A Cowboy, and The Red Chord all have their moments, but it just seems like everybody else (and even these four) aren't even really trying to push their own boundaries. Seems like most newer bands just relax and record the same shit over and over again.

I saw Despised Icon a couple times on seperate tours opening for I think Cryptopsy and then for Vital Remains. They were decent live, but when I listen to their albums it is nothing too exciting.

Oh and a few years ago I saw Deicide & Vital Remains on the same show. It was kind of hilarious to see Glen Benton tell the crowd "Goodnight muthafuckas" and then come out 20 mins later with the spiked iron mask on w/Vital Remains, as if we all didn't know it was him....hahahahaha.

Agent is right about the new Origin album. Best Death Metal album I've heard all year.

Oh my fucking GOD Gwar's tour this year is fucking amazing. I'm going to be washing green and red shit off of me for a fucking WEEK.

-Overall, Rock and Shock was fantastic. I met Roddy Piper, and he has to be one of the nicest guys ever at the convention. His line was the longest and the slowest, all because he took the time to have conversations with people. Wicked fucking nice guy, and having a quick chat about the dog collar matches with Greg Valentine and cancer was fantastic. Extremely nice guy, and has this personable quality that makes him seem like an old relative you haven't seen in forever.

-In contrast, Michael Biehn (Hicks in Aliens, Kyle Reese in Terminator) is a dick. Didn't talk, just signed a picture and took my money. Cock.

-Brian O'Halloran (Dante from the Clerks series) seemed like a great guy, taking the time out to talk to anybody who wanted to. Too short of a line for him, though, since...

-...Jason Mewes (Jay of Jay & Silent Bob fame) was right next to him. He seemed like he didn't want to be there at ALL. Too bad, too, since his line was almost as big as Piper's.

-Q&A with Tom Savini was both interesting and hilarious. Savini seems like one of those guys who 100% loves what he does, and is entirely willing to talk about it with anyone. One of the questions asked by this cute little redhead sitting next to me was "are you REALLY a sex machine?" His reply was obvious, but perfect: "Well, why don't you come by my hotel room later and find out?"

-A few cool merch booths, specifically this one with a shit-ton of collectible figures. Including the Heath Ledger Joker that was pulled off the shelves for bearing too much of a resemblance to Ledger, as well as being too "scary" for little kids. My girlfriend swiped that quick. $25 ain't bad, especially considering how high the value will likely go.

-Went up to the Palladium (right up the street from the convention, which is at the DCU Center) around 6:30 and caught Toxic Holocaust. Mostly stuff from the new album, An Overdose of Death, which I didn't know since I only have Evil Never Dies. Decent stuff, but Joel Grind REALLY needs to learn how to diversify a little bit, and also get some fucking stage presence.

-Met DAVE FUCKING BROCKIE during Toxic's set. My girl was shaking she was so fucking nervous. He signed her Gwar tat on her back, and then we rushed to one of the tattoo booths at the convention.

-So she's getting it done on her, and Brockie walks by, recognizes her, and just starts laughing.

So...Mushroomhead before Gwar...and I do have to say that I would see them live again. Not a big fan of anything beyond XX, but they put on a good live show.

GWAR:

-They had a backdrop for a projector that was placed on the balcony.

-The story for the night was a combination of Sleazy P. Martini (FIRST TOUR WITH HIM IN SEVERAL YEARS!) running for President so he could depopulate the Earth by over 90%. The second story was GWAR being in charge of Earth because they hold the Intergalactic Championship Wrestling Frank Sinatra World Domination titles via Oderus Urungus and Bonesnapper.

-The set was a fucking killer combo of new and old, albeit mostly new. No "Saddam A-Go-Go" or "Meat Sandwich," though, but that was more than made up for by playing "A Short History of the End of the World" (off We Kill Everything, which they refuse to play anything from), "Crush, Kill, Destroy" (off Ragnarok, the only song off of which they play usually is "Meat Sandwich"), and "U Ain't Shit" (off their debut Hell-O).

-The first victim of the evening was John McCain, as he was set up in an exhibition match against Bonesnapper. Mouth ripped off, followed by getting scalped.

-Then, Hilary Clinton and Barrack Obama teamed up to challenge for the Frank Sinatra World Domination belts. Promptly each obliterated. Immediately following the match, Bozo Destrukto and Cyko Destrukto, cousing of Tekno Destrukto, came out to beat down Oderus and Bonesnapper, stealing the belts.

-Beefcake asks Oderus what they'll do now that Bozo and Cyko stole their belts, since without the belts Gwar ain't shit. Oderus: "LET'S ROCK!"

-It's time for the main event: Bozo and Cyko against Oderus and Bonesnapper, all to a modified rendition of "The Private Pain of Tekno Destrukto" off Carnival of Chaos. The entire song saw the Destrukto's rip off Bonesnapper's jaw and scalp Oderus, followed by the next song (which I can't remember at the moment, unfortunately) which saw Oderus and Bonesnapper retaliate and murder them, regaining the belts they never lost.

-But uh-oh...here's NANCY REAGAN to discuss how Gwar is the worst corruption society has ever scene. And she's brought back...THE REAGANATOR!!!!

-Oderus and Bonesnapper rip off Reaganator's arms after a short battle, and then tear open the chest to reveal Nancy controlling it all. Disembowel her, and the show's over...

-...but here's the fucking ENCORE. 2 songs, and 2 songs they haven't played in nearly a decade: "Slaughterama" (with Sleazy coming out to do it) and "Sick of You". More shit sprayed into the crowd between those two songs than during the set prior.

AMAZING. FUCKING. GWAR. SHOW. Can't wait until December when they're in Providence.

New Unearth album dropped Tuesday. The March. The review at 411mania makes it seem like a worthwhile purchase, albeit not as good as III: In the Eyes of Fire. I listened to the first single, "My Will Be Done," last night. Good axe work by Buz and Ken, but it doesn't have the OOMPH that the singles for Oncoming Storm and III had. Seems like this one has more guitar noodling than prior albums, but that could definitely be a good thing.

I really enjoyed the new Unearth. It isn't going to reinvent the genre or anything but the song writing is much more tight and focused than in the past, their energy is great as always, and I really enjoyed the added guitar flash. Very solid outing in my book.

The only song of Oncoming Storm I cared for was Zombie Autopilot, though that is oddly enough still probably my favorite song from them.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Who Does It Better?-"Procreation of the Wicked"

Celtic Frost

Sepultura

Mortician

How looooooooow can you go?

Guest Tzar Lysergic

The original's the best by far, but I have a soft spot for Mortician. What a fun bad band.

They're on high rotation for me at work. Last week, I was working in a near-empty part of the place, just blasting Re-Animated Dead Flesh as loud as the stereo would go. Satisfying.

Celtic Frost have been on heavy rotation for me as well lately, esepcially Morbid Tales and To Mega Therion. Nothing to add other than that I love them (yes, I've listened to them before) and TMT has one of my favorite album covers ever (gotta love H.R. Giger.)

I'm fucking weird. I just don't care for In Flames, Celtic Frost, Origin, or other bands that play similar shit to what I like. For whatever reason, I just don't care about them. But then I turn and fall in love with shit like Toxic Holocaust and Engorged, which are just kinda eh when you think about them, but are actually pretty fun, if even for a cheese-factor.

...and now, THE CROWN

I always get confused when people talk about Obituary. Every time some one mentions it I always think of Overkill for some odd reason.

Obituary = one of the "Big Four" of Florida death metal (along with Death, Morbid Angel and Deicide)

Overkill = thrash metal, similar to Anthrax in that they were from NYC instead of California and took their influence more from the NY punk scene rather than English metal bands

In Flames, Celtic Frost, Origin

That's a rather disparate list

It just dawned on me, when writing that, that there's a lot of bands that I, by all means, should like due to either sounding similar or influencing bands/styles I like, but, for whatever reason, I just don't care for them. When talking melodic death, I love At The Gates, don't mind Dark Tranquility, and quite like early Beyond The Embrace and Summer's End (who, despite technically being metalcore, have much more in common with At The Gates than they do with Killswitch Engage), but for whatever reason can't get into In Flames. I dig old-school death metal, and just metal from the late 80's/early 90's in general, but Celtic Frost (as well as Bolt Thrower and even Carcass) just don't interest me that much. Origin, tech-death...I dunno. Tech-death in general has bored me lately, just something about not having a whole ton of meat on it to savor...yeah, I dunno.

Obituary's another band like that. I dig the music itself, and the growls are good, but the guy's vocal patterns themselves, just how he paces and times himself when singing, it's just...off-putting. Not King Diamond circa Mercyful Fate off-putting, but close.