TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

Updated CZW Only the Strong: Scarred for Life Card

Results from the CZWFans.com board:

1) Derek Frazier defeats Heretic in a good match.

2) Chris Hero and Claudio Castognoli defeated DJ Hyde and Jon Dahmer in a good match.

3) Skayde defeated Milanito Collection AT in a great match.

4) The Flying Hurricanes win the 4-Way Tag Team Match. Richie calls it a MOTYC. Beef was pinned.

5) BLK OUT defeated S.B.S. in a "fucking awesome" match.

BLK OUT Members: KING and Sabian

Adam Flash d Kaos in a good 5 minute match.

H8 Club defeated Team Ca$h to become the new CZW Tag Team Champions. Team Ca$h members were Chri$ Ca$h and Nate Webb. JC Bailey turned on them.

BARBED WIRE CAGE MATCH TONIGHT

JC Bailey vs. ?

THIS IS UV UNDERGROUND.

Match will take place AFTER the show

Frankie The Mobster defeated B-Boy to retain the IWS World Heavyweight Championship and to win the CZW Iron Man Championship.

Mike Quackenbush defeats Alex Shelley, Arsenal and Sexxxy Eddy to become the NEW CZW Junior Heavyweight Champion. Richie says its a MOTYC

Ruckus defeated Messiah to become the NEW CZW World Heavyweight Champion.

JC Bailey defeated Necro Butcher in a Barbed Wire Steel Cage Match. Richie says it was sick.

Sounds really good actually. Bout time Messiah lost that belt.....

Guest OSIcon

CZW booking is really weird.

It almost feels like WCW's last few years. Every 6 months (sometimes even less), they seem to change directions by having a show that has a lot of surprises. This looks like one of those shows. The Iron Man title change seems odd give that B-Boy has been pushed slowly up the ladder and this was Frankie's first show. The Junior title change also seems to be a bit "out of nowhere" and done for the sake of getting a buzz going (through all the title changes).

The Ruckus thing looks like a good idea if it is built on. At first it seemed really odd then I remembered that Ruckus was the leader of Blackout. Not a fan of Rukus, but the title change makes sense.

It looks like one of those shows that everyone will be buzzing over because so much happened. The question is whether they'll follow up on it and build over on what happened tonight for a while.

Most of the title changes are quite surprising to me. The Team Cash title run and split is rushed after just 2 or 3 shows to give the H8 Club the belts, Shelley is the one to end Sonjay's year+ junior title reign and he loses it his first defence, B-Boy gets a huge buildup to his big Iron Man Title reign but after that chase he loses it almost immediately to a guy in his first match, they seem to have had a total change in direction and cut the legs out of what could have been three very good title reigns. The show sounds like it ended up very good quality-wise, but some of the results leave question marks in my mind.

Glad to see Ruckus win the World Title, the CZW World Title scene has been so stale and dead for so long it's about time something fresh happened to give it a shot in the arm. I just hope they book Ruckus better than they did Messiah, though considering how badly handled Messiah's run was that should be easy.

Whoohoo!!! I can't believe they gave Franky the Iron Man title...I was sure the match was gonna end in a schmozz but damn as a HUGE Franky The MObster mark I am a happy man. He is one of the best heels ever.

I'm so happy for the IWS guys making an impact in the U.S. In the past 2 months, IWS has done inter-promotional matches against both ROH and CZW and it's making for great matches as well as putting Quebec on the indy wrestling map.

Guest DeathBecomesYou
Whoohoo!!! I can't believe they gave Franky the Iron Man title...I was sure the match was gonna end in a schmozz but damn as a HUGE Franky The MObster mark I am a happy man. He is one of the best heels ever.

I agree, Franky is fucking awesome and is probably the most underrated guy on the indies right now (except maybe Matt Sydal), good to see him getting a chance in the US.

The quickfire title changes seemed a little odd when I first saw results but I think they did their job. They've both created a feeling that this will be a new start for CZW and given the show a real buzz to it - especially judging by the excitement amongst those who're at the show. Judging by peoples reactions this seems like an awesome show really - one I look forward to seeing. Plus it creates intrigue for the future; theres many possible opponents for Quack, how Frankie's championship will go (as he's the least likely of all the new champs). The fact that fans are even excited about the New H8 Club as champs shows something considering they were shitting over them previously.

Guest OSIcon
PWInsider says that Mike Burns is back as booker. Looks like it paid off for this show.

Yea. It is all in the follow up though.

Not to be negative, but the first Russo/Bischoff Nitro was also heavily praised at the time. For the many of the same reasons also. There were a lot of new and exciting feuds that began. There was a new exciting lead angle and lots of surprises. Even watching that show today, it is generally okay for what it was. It was the follow up that was terrible with almost of the angles going no where or just taking really, really bad turns. Basically, it is hard to get a good read from a "re-start show" on whether or not the promotion is having a real turn around.

CZW has a solid start, they just need to follow up on it and make sure things don't fizzle out after the hot re-start show.

PWInsider says that Mike Burns is back as booker. Looks like it paid off for this show.

That explains the 136 IWS guys on the show, with SMV and IWS' relationship and all.

At the moment it looks as though Bailey/Necro will be left off the tape, and the whole 'Ultraviolent Underground' thing will be just for the live fans to try and boost attendance. I don't believe anyone's made an official statement so that could change though.

That explains the 136 IWS guys on the show, with SMV and IWS' relationship and all.

All of the IWS guys were already booked for the show before Burns returned, and the last show without him had tons of IWS guys, so it's safe to say that Burn's "return" had nothing to do with the IWS prominence on last night's show. That philosophy was set long before Burns came back.

All of the IWS guys were already booked for the show before Burns returned, and the last show without him had tons of IWS guys, so it's safe to say that Burn's "return" had nothing to do with the IWS prominence on last night's show. That philosophy was set long before Burns came back.

Um...I wouldn't be so sure about that. The card did have Eddy on it before, but then in the last week or 2 before the show all of a sudden the other IWS guys jusy got added like that, so it's safe to say that THEY came because of burns.

EMAX, the original card had 5 IWS guys, as you can see by the first post in this thread. There ended up being 7 IWS guys. That's not a big chance from the original card to the final card. I don't see any reason to believe that Burns brought them in all of a sudden.

I'm pretty sure that the hurricanes were added after burns got the book, but i could be wrong.

well, anyways, its good that hes the booker now, because the last time he was, it was great, and it showed from this show.

Guest King Edge

Anyone have any info on Frankie the Mobster? Is there something special about me that would justify them taking the title off B-Boy? I thought B-Boy was a hell of a champion and they were just gearing him up for a big push/in the middle of one.

Guest jobsquad

well b-boy(as well as shelly & dutt) is booked in zerooneusa -e show on march 15th in japan very close to the date of the next czw show (march 12th)

so that might of been part of it