TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Eclipse

"Big Name" throws offer at WWE....

Source: Wrestling-Observer Newsletter

Survivor contestant and TNA talent Jonny Fairplay reportedly contacted WWE with an offer about a debut.

He suggested an angle whereby he would replace Theodore Long as SmackDown! GM. If that could not happen, he also pushed to serve as a manager for Mike Mizanin, should he eventually debut on WWE TV.

WWE, up to this point, has shown no interest in Fairplay, and it is almost definite nothing will immediately result from the aforementioned offer.

Meh......don't know what to say...

He suggested an angle whereby he would replace Theodore Long as SmackDown! GM. If that could not happen, he also pushed to serve as a manager for Mike Mizanin, should he eventually debut on WWE TV.

We're sorry, the correct answer is "job me to Undertaker".

Guest Trivia247

Its too bad that either the WWE management can't stand his attitude, or perhaps on the otherside he can't keep his opinions locked in his brain, but I think it was poetic having the General Managers of the two brands be the former heads of the two rivals of Vince,

Bischoff and Heyman

But, as I said Either Heyman screws Heyman out of this or the WWE just can take only so much of ol Paulie

Long is doing a decent enough job.

Correction: We're sorry, the correct answer is "job me to Danny Basham."

Actually, I can't believe WWE hasn't already picked up that guy just for the free publicity. He probably would make a good heel manager.

If they bring him aboard now, they are catching this train way late.

Guest Fook_Theta

I don't think I've heard anything good about him being in TNA. I know the last couple months of skits have been shitty. I think he was demanding way too much money, and surprisingly getting paid it.

His wad has already been shot. Survivor thankfully isn't such a big deal as it once was, and they should have pulled the trigger on the idea while they had the limelight on him.

If he's serious about a job, Cornette would probably take his phone call.

Long is doing a decent enough job.

He is indeed. I have to give him mad props for making that AWESOME JBL/Big Show main event for No Way Out!

HOLLA HOLLA HOLLA~!

Since Heyman has exhausted his on-screen presence, there is only one answer to who will be the best Smackdown GM............................

BILL ALPHONZO~!

Guest Phenom
So who's the big name mentioned in the thread title, anyway?

Jon Dalton, aka "Jonny Fairplay", was a contestant on Survivor: Pearl Islands, who gained noterioty by lying to his tribe that his grandmother just died so he could win a challange. He promptly got hired by TNA.

Guest Hass of Pain

jonnyfairplay.jpg

The guy is a tool, obnoxious and his five minutes of fame expired sometime around 2002.

He has some nerve asking for Teddy Long to be demoted so that he can replace him and be such a wonderful boost to Smackdown.

My guess is that the guy will never be heard from again. If WWE wouldn't bring in Evan Marriot (who trained at UPW) when Joe Millionaire was drawing like 30 million viewers a week, I highly doubt this fool will draw any interest whatsoever.

Corrected Correction: We're sorry, the correct answer is "job me to Joy Giovanni."

Guest Phenom

Corrected Correction: We're sorry, the correct answer is "job me to Joy Giovanni."

Correction^3: We're sorry, the correct answer is "job me to Fifi."

Guest M. Harry Smilac

I wish I could track down his old show he use to do online.Probably be just as funny today.

He's got no shot at the WWE because Jericho will shoot it down.

When Fairplay had his internet show he went to a bar after a Nitro were all the wrestlers were and proceeded to get drunk and call Bob Ryder a "Fucking sellout"

Then he told someone Van Hammer was the worst worker in the business which prompted Jericho to kick his ass for trashing one of the boys.

He ended up getting thrown off all the sites afterwards and wasn't heard from till this Survivor deal.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

Fairplay > Long.

The guy is GOLD. I want to see him and Rene Dupree have hilarious banter.

Jon Dalton, aka "Jonny Fairplay", was a contestant on Survivor: Pearl Islands, who gained noterioty by lying to his tribe that his grandmother just died so he could win a challange. He promptly got hired by TNA.

I repeat: So who's the big name mentioned in the thread title, anyway?

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

I repeat: So who's the big name mentioned in the thread title, anyway?

Jonny_Fairplay.jpg

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
Oh, never mind.

He's the dude that said his grandmother died to get sympathy from everyone, right?

Yes. He's awesome.