TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mikey2Dope

Canadians Get Impact

Guest Mikey2Dope

TNA sent out the following press release today, announcing that Impact has been cleared in Canada:

“IMPACT!” DEBUTS TONIGHT ON RDS IN CANADA

Nashville, TN (February 4, 2005) – TNA Entertainment, LLC announced today that “iMPACT!” will debut on Le Reseau Des Sports (RDS) tonight, February 4th at 8:30PM ET in Canada and air every Friday thereafter at the same time.

RDS is a 24-hour French language all-sports cable network that broadcasts in Quebec, Ontario and the maritime provinces of Canada.

“We are excited to bring our ‘iMPACT!’ program to Canada,” said Dixie Carter President, TNA Entertainment. “The Canadian fans have always been major supporters of TNA and have always appreciated action packed wrestling. We hope to bring ‘iMPACT” to all of Canada in the future.”

“iMPACT!” on RDS joins TNA Wrestling programming on ESPN Classic Canada as well as the TNA monthly pay-per-view events available on Viewers Choice, Bell ExpressVu and Shaw Communications. TNA Wrestling’s next pay-per-view event is “Against All Odds” on Sunday, February 13th.

The alternative for the true wrestling fan, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling prides itself on delivering quality, family programming that is clean, innovative, cutting edge and with the high-risk, high-flying athleticism that TNA Wrestling is known for. Total Nonstop Action Wrestling “iMPACT!” airs Fridays at 4PM on FSN (check local listings) with a Saturday midnight(local) replay and a Friday night 2AM replay. TNA “Xplosion” is a syndicated program (check local listings). for. Total Nonstop Action Wrestling “iMPACT!” airs Fridays at 4PM on FSN (check local listings) with a Saturday midnight(local) replay and a Friday night 2AM replay. TNA “Xplosion” is a syndicated program (check local listings).

Maybe because it was my first time seeing it, but I wasn't impressed. Nothing but squash matches and a schmozz ending. Although we did get a neat AJ/Daniels 10-minute match. Oh yeah, we got a two-week old episode.

But like natey said, better than nothing.

Is the RDS version more or less the same as the American one? (ie, in English?) I may be in the position to get RDS soon, as I'm switching from satellite to cable, and there's a little money available for some extra channels. If it's been dubbed in French, even though I can probably understand it, I doubt I'll bother.

The commentaries are in French, by the same guys that did WCW in the final days. French is my primary language, and the commentaries bothered me because they also do "simultaneous translation" when wrestlers do promos, and the way the announcers dub over it is just so cheesy. I never thought someone could make a Styles/Daniels challenge sound so unintense.

Anyway, the wrestling is good, the commentaries suck. I could make a better job at it.

The commentaries are in French, by the same guys that did WCW in the final days. French is my primary language, and the commentaries bothered me because they also do "simultaneous translation" when wrestlers do promos, and the way the announcers dub over it is just so cheesy. I never thought someone could make a Styles/Daniels challenge sound so unintense.

Anyway, the wrestling is good, the commentaries suck. I could make a better job at it.

Exactly, Marc Blondin always sucked and will always suck, but Carl Ouellet did a good job this week and actually got me interested in seeing DDP vs. Jarrett... even if the match probably already happened because the broadcast is weeks old (i'm so out of the loop these days...)