TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ShamRock

Stupid marks

Guest ShamRock

I talked to a mark this morning about the Storm/Orton match from last night's SmackDown!.Then he goes "Lance Storm not a good wrestler.He don't know how to wrestling good because he cheat."That's how he exactly said it.I told him about how Lance Storm is a heel(I said bad guy because he doesn't know what it means).He says "Lance Storm not a bad guy." I wanted to punch him straight in the face.

The other conversation was about the Angle/Edge feud.He says how Angle always cheats  and will never be good as Edge.Then I told him how Angle has better mic skills and is a way better wrestler than Edge.Then I told him how Edge has never had a ***** match with anybody.I just shut up and stopped listening to the idiot.

Damn marks.They always think the faces are better wrestlers than the heels because they don't cheat.

Do y'all have any mark stories?

Guest razazteca

that story just proves that Stephanie and other bookers just don't know how to make the heel look evil without doing the same repeative cheating tactics over and over and over again.  Its as if the belt as a weapon or brass knux or chair shot must be the finisher for the heel everytime.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly
I have an uncle who watches every PPV just in case the Ultimate Warrior returns.

Cordially invite his ass to use the internet.

It would be a better investment than waiting for a Warrior comeback. There's a million things he could be doing with that $40 a month instead of waiting for a Warrior comeback.

Guest JHawk

My question for the mark would have been "Then explain why you cheer Hogan."  Hogan always does the first illegal move or takes the first swing during a promo.  He always attacks from behind when the opponent's distracted.  In short, he's a heel who gets cheered even though he's sucked since 1986 or so.

I don't care who you cheer for (hell, I was rooting for Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson against The Bushwhackers...at age 10...with every parent in the building looking at me like I farted in church), but damn, don't be hypocritical about it.  Don't cheer Hogan because you've been programmed to, cheer Hogan because you think he's good.  But don't give me "I cheer Hogan and boo Jericho because Jericho cheats" bullshit when Jericho wasn't the one who had to rely on outside distractions and a cheap roll up to win that title match.

Stepping off my smark soapbox.

My question for the mark would have been "Then explain why you cheer Hogan."  

Because he gorilla pressed the 8'4, 670 pound Andre the Giant at Wrestlemania 3 in front of 89 million Hulkamaniacs.

Guest dr deaf

you're a nimrod.  That's the whole purpose of wrestling and having heel characters and faces.  It's not so you can go off on the analytical side but so the fan can choose a side and get into a character or hate a character for his actions.  Moron....

Guest JHawk
you're a nimrod.  That's the whole purpose of wrestling and having heel characters and faces.  It's not so you can go off on the analytical side but so the fan can choose a side and get into a character or hate a character for his actions.  Moron....

I'm not sure who that was in reference to...

Anyway, my point is that I agree you need faces and heels, but the faces need to do different things than the heels and they don't right now.  At least Triple H and Hogan don't, and they're two of the top three faces right now.  The only difference between HHH and Jericho as far as actions go is Jericho being affiliated with Vince.  If Vince wasn't there, how would we know who to cheer for?

So if the Warrior came back would your Uncle stop watching PPV's at least u get free PPV's i wish i had a mark to pay for mine

Guest chirs3

There's a difference between liking a face and hating a heel, and saying "Lance Storm can't wrestle" because he cheats. The former is how a mark should operate. The latter is just... stupid.

Guest One Bad Apple
I talked to a mark this morning about the Storm/Orton match from last night's SmackDown!.Then he goes "Lance Storm not a good wrestler.He don't know how to wrestling good because he cheat."That's how he exactly said it.I told him about how Lance Storm is a heel(I said bad guy because he doesn't know what it means).He says "Lance Storm not a bad guy." I wanted to punch him straight in the face.

Is this guy mentally retarded?  Or maybe two years old?  Then again ... you did say you wanted to punch him in his face ... and only a monster would punch a two-year-old ... so I'll say he's retarded.  

Why are you having casual conversations with retarded people, anyway?  His family's supposed to pay you for stuff like that.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

I find it funny that someone would bash Edge for never having a 5 star match when Angle hasn't had one himself(at least in my eyes).

This is why I don't go into WWE chat rooms anymore.  I swear to God marks are the lowest form of life on Earth.  The thing that REALLY gets me is that they'll NEVER admit to cheering a heel back when he WAS a face, and vice versa.  Know what I mean?

Mark: Angle sucks.

Me: But what about last year when everyone was rooting for him?  I suppose you were the only exception?

Mark:  I always hated Angle.

Me: Right....

or...(and as a HHH fan since 97, through all his evil heel-ness, these ones REALLY pisses me off)

Mark: HHH rules!

Me: I see how it is.  A year ago all you fucks were telling me what a bitch HHH was, how he could never beat Undertaker, and now you're all over his dick.

Mark: Oh no, I've ALWAYS liked HHH.

Me: Really?  So you should be able to tell me then, what faction did he used to lead?

Mark: Um...uh...the nWo.

Me:  Eat shit and die.

I'm not trying to make myself look like a wrestling trivia nazi, but I had to vent about this.  FUCK marks.

Finally, here's my other favorite example:

Female Mark: Jeff Hardy is the best wrestler!

Me: Is that so?  I've never seen him beat Angle, so wouldn't Angle be better than him?

Female Mark: No cuz Jeff's hot.

Me: I see.  So I'm guessing you don't like Benoit?

Female Mark: No, he sucks.

Me:  Oy, vey.

I find it funny that someone would bash Edge for never having a 5 star match when Angle hasn't had one himself(at least in my eyes).

I'm a huge Angle fan, but I can agree with this statement. The lack of 5-star matches on Angle's pro career has nothing to do with him and everything to do with booking. Angle's two best matches are against the Rock from No Way Out 2001 and against Austin from Summerslam that same year. Each of those would've been 5-star affairs were it not for the former's completely unnecessary Big Show interference and the latter's stupid DQ ending.

And if some mark continues to insist that--oh, let's say Edge--Edge is better than Angle, then ask said mark about how Angle beat Edge cleanly at Backlash.

Guest Black Tiger

A mark would claim that Edge has been in 3 ***** matches. Wrestlemania 2000, TLC and TLC 2.

I thought Angle/Benoit from WrestleMania was *****, and I'm not even a fan of a of a straight up wrestling only no sportz entertainment match like that. (Forgive me, I've been brainwashed I suppose.) It was about 20 minutes or so.

Guest Black Tiger

Angle vs Benoit would have been ***** if they had done a clean ending and not the pull the tights bullshit.

Guest Anglesault

I don't take stars off for endings. Well, only if it's the super-duper clusterfuck run in. Otherwise, If the match was excellant and it had a less than desireable (But not idiotic) then I keep it at *****

I loved the Angle-Benoit match from last year's Wrestlemania, but the ending didn't bother me terribly. Angle's a heel, ya know? I can accept the occasional bit of heel cheating (i.e. tights pulling, feet on ropes, etc.). Yet, I can't quite give that match the full *****. Why? I don't know. I give it ****1/2, though, which ties it with Angle's match on the prior PPV, in my opinion.

I'm getting off topic, ain't I? Then I'll end here by saying: "Stupid marks!"

Guest Black Tiger

A mark would have found Angle VS Benoit boring because they didn't bleed or throw each other through tables. They only WRESTLED.

I guess I'm in the minority on this one, that pull the tights bullshit pisses me off, I like clean endings. I tolerate a run in if its only to advance and angle. If the roll up sequence at WM had ended with Angle on top for three that would have been *****, the ending only knocked it down to ****3/4 and it was still the best match of the night.

UGH....ShamRock, VED, dude you make me sick. You ARE a mark in smark clothing dude. No other freakin' 13 year old on the internet poses as much as you do, makes me wanna DIE man. That and the fact that you never put spaces between sentences makes me get stupider by each post I read form you.

So yeh, you would be my typical mark story. The poser mark who thinks he can come off as a smark. Adios -

A mark would have found Angle VS Benoit boring because they didn't bleed or throw each other through tables. They only WRESTLED.

Not necessarily. The 67,000 people that were there in the arena seemed to be pretty into it, and I doubt they were all wrestling purists who cream themselves over workrate.

Guest converge241

the people i used to watch ppvs with were all old scholl wwf marks and they hated when anyone would come over (Flair, Arn, Tully, Austin) who could work..yet they LOVED dusty rhodes..

on the other hand i started watching ppvs with a different group of people the past couple of years (moved and all) and they arent internet/newsletter fans just regular marks and they like Angle, Storm, Benoit and the like.. i think "todays mark" can recognize skills more..

Guest Brian
It's not so you can go off on the analytical side but so the fan can choose a side and get into a character or hate a character for his actions.  

Vince McMahon controls you. He tells you who to cheer and boo. He's that damn good.

Guest Goodear
It's not so you can go off on the analytical side but so the fan can choose a side and get into a character or hate a character for his actions.  

Vince McMahon controls you. He tells you who to cheer and boo. He's that damn good.

Jesus Christ... YES!!!  VINCE SHOULD BE TELLING YOU WHO TO BOO!!!  Its one of those parts of what people call "a story" that is sort of important to building any sort of angle!  Have you noticed that just about EVERY ENTERTAINMENT MEDIUM (including sports) tells you who to be cheering and who not to?  Lordy mercy.

I find the bashing of the heel-and-face concept nonsensical. I cheer and boo for whomever I want, and believe that everyone should do the same and not just root for whom the bookers want you to. BUT, if everyone followed that example, we'd still have heels and faces. If you just threw a bunch of guys in there with no personality or character whatsoever, hardly anyone would watch, and those that do would start cheering and rooting for whomever they desire, so once again we'd have heels and faces. Letting wrestlers just be human beings would NEVER work.

The only problem with that is the fact that they use gimmicks instead of characters. They need personalities instead of gimmicks.

Guest dreamer420

My ex-girlfriend was the biggest mark ever.  She said that an Undertaker/Big Show match that was coming on a show we were watching was going to be an awesome match.  I didn't have to heart to tell her about what we were going to see.  Even after the crappy match was over and I her expected to diss the match too she said she loved it.  I've never had better times watching wrestling than I did with that girl, but my stupidity ended it all.