TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Teckneek

coolest encounter you've had with a wrestler?

Guest Teckneek

Whats the coolest encounter you have had with a Wrestler? Mine would have to be when I was in an improv show at Second City last March. So, every week we had rehersals on Wensday nights, and everyweek before rehearsal I would see this short dude with dread locks, and we would always say hi. Everytime I saw him, I'm like,"I know him from somewhere"--thinking we hungout or somthing. Well, everyweek we would talk for a couple minutes and one time I went to the bar across the street from Second City(Corkrins)and hung out with him. So i finally asked him what his name was, and it was fucking Ed Fererra! So, when I found out, i was stoked because I was kinda a fan. He looked so different with his dreadlocks that I couldnt recognise him until he told me his name. I eventually ended up taking a writing class with him. He was a totally cool guy, and was a really good teacher. It was so weird that I would just randomly say hi to him in the hallway, I dont really ever do that with teachers I dont know at Second City. At first i just thought he was an older student, 'cause he had dreads and was wearing shorts. But yeah, that was pretty cool that I got tought by Ed Fererra. I also took an Improv class tought by Keegan Michael Kay who is now on Mad TV.

Guest Trivia247

When i was like 10, I met Big John Studd at my local Shopping center resturant..

a few years back at Potomac Mills I was waiting for my gf to come out of the bathroom. And walking up and by me came....VIRGIL.

he knew I recognized him and Smiled and said "Hey man how you doing?"

And like a dumbass Mark I went all silent.

Back in 87 I went to the Jim Crockett Senior Cup tournament.

I Met brad armstrong, Animal (He was Huge!) Lex Luger (He was a Prick) But again was like 9 and was all silent...

Now with the Virgil thing, lets put this in perspective. I wasn't expecting Virgil walking by at the Mile long Mall. He must have had work at the Mid Atlantic NWA fief down here in Virginia. Now it was only Virgil but...if was Fricken Virgil! You recognize someone you grew up watching, you might not have thought him your favorite wrestler but nevertheless when you are right next to him and he is talking to you, you might lose the ability to speak for a minute. Now had it been the Undertaker, or perhaps I was in a certain Floridian Use Car Lot, and a certain Snap Car Salesman with a barely contained Samoan afro Puff walks up to try and sell me a Jaloopi, I'd be like...Uhhh Uhhh Uhh

Guest Ether

I got to meet Mick Foley at an picutre and autograph session at a local supermarket back in 1998. I liked my shirt (the Wanted Dead shirt). The only bad thing was that I was probably the only person over the age of 20 there who didn't have a kid, which means he probably thought of me as one of those "geeks who have never touched a woman's breast", which, well, at the time, was true.

I met Rico at a Smackdown house show last June. He was wearing a bright orange tiger striped suit. he was a really nice guy and took pictures with me and my friends, joked around, etc.

I also met RVD and Shelton Benjamin at earlier Raw shows at the same arena.

I met Greg Valentine when he performed at a mini-show after a minor league baseball game in Springfield. My friend was the mascot and she got me into the clubhouse, so I got to chat with him and get an autographed pic.

I met Vampiro at a May 2000 WCW Thunder taping. He talked with me for 10 minutes or so after the show was over, signed autographs, and told me about his website, which was the first wrestling site I ever visited since I had just gotten the internet 2 days prior.

This last one probably tops almost everyone else's. At that same WCW Thudner taping at Springfield, Illinois', Prairie Capital Convention Center, I walked arounf the building after meeting Vampiro and saw Buff Bagwell standing around. I asked Buff for his autograph, but he said, "Sorry bro, I can't right now," so I thanked him and started to walk off.

Right as I was leaving, 2 cops came and shoved Bagwell against a car and cuffed him. Yes, I saw Buff Bagwell get arrested, live, in my hometown! That was probably my best encounter with a wrestler.

My coolest encounter is what made me earn the most respect for a particular wrestler. RVD is the fucking MAN when it comes to interacting with his fans, and going out of his way to make them happy. I went to the Smackdown taping in Greeville, SC the first week of December this past year. After the show, he was leaing in a pickup truck, and whoever was driving him seemed to be in an awful hurry to leave. A bunch of fans out-back were visibly getting upset because they didnt get to see RVD much after the show. So, the truck gets half-way across the street running next to the Bi-Lo Center, and RVD tells his driver to stop, and with him there blocking traffic, he signed autographs and shook hands for whoever wanted one. VERY cool of RVD.

Another cool encounter was with, of all people, Stevie Ray. It was between Nitro and Thunder tapings, back in 2000. We were sitting next to the announcer's table. We asked for Stevie's autograph since we didnt make it to the show in time to see any of the wrestlers arrive. Stevie got the biggest grin on his face, and was more than happy to sign for us when we asked for him to sign our programs. I guess the "Marty Jannety" of Harlem Heat didn't get asked for too many autographs, so it seemed like we made his night.

Right as I was leaving, 2 cops came and shoved Bagwell against a car and cuffed him. Yes, I saw Buff Bagwell get arrested, live, in my hometown! That was probably my best encounter with a wrestler.

Ohhh shit. That's gold.

Ummm... Off the top of my head.

I was in the backstage area of some abortion of a wrestling show, and after showing up an hour late, Sabu threw the door open, nearly landing it in my face.

Buff Bagwell chose to sit outside the locker room and talk to me for twenty-five minutes rather than listen to the locker room peptalk. With one swift action, he managed to both a dick and a nice guy.

I've been in the back at CZW shows where various wrestlers are watching the matches on the monitor. There was a Mixed Tag Match with the Joker and Sabian, along with their female counterparts, where they just completly marked out at the females' work.

Ruckus borrowed my pen to write down certain spots that he had do in his match on his taped up wrist.

I smoked up with an ex-WCW guy, but I won't reveal his name as that'd be wrong.

Guest Ether

:lol: That is a riot. Any idea what he was arrested for?

At an ROH show I pretty much had a mini-interview with Nigel McGuiness one time. Later on I saw him get involved in a debate about the 2004 election with some guy. Nigel is awesome

Guest Reservoir_Kitty

Well, I haven't had many, but my favorite story is from a 3 day wrestling extravaganza that my fiance and two of our friends took last year. We were in Rockford IL for RAW, and we waited after the show to try and snag some autographs.

Edge came over after he came out, and there was a large group of people. This guy at the front was like, "Hey Edge, would you spear me?" and Edge smiled, and was like "No thanks sir, that sounds a little weird." There was a girl next to me, and she was unbelievably short - couldn't be seen over the crowd. So she screams, "Edge, spear me!!" Edge looks up, I'm the only female there - he smiles his enormous (and cute) Edge-smile and says, "Now that sounds better", grabs my ticket, and signs it.

I was a little flustered but it was still really cool.

Five minutes later, Batista and Randy Orton broke my little heart by not coming over. *sigh* Coach was really nice that night too, signed a TON of autographs before leaving. We managed to get Coach, Edge, Rhyno, and Lillian Garcia.

Matt Hardy, Lita, and the Hurricane lost their rental car and spent most of their time looking for it. Hilarious.

Guest Loss

I have quite a few wrestler's autographs. HHH and Chris Jericho are by far the two nicest ones I've ever talked to in any way. Jericho is basically a toned-down version of his on-screen persona and is extremely outgoing. HHH is very serious, but very cordial and looks you directly in the eye when he talks to you. I can see why he's good at manipulating people.

Jim Cornette was also very cool at Axxess before Wrestlemania X-7. As you know, it was just a few days after the WCW sale and there was a guy dressed like Hulk Hogan in line. Cornette stood up and shouted, "You're ALREADY here looking for work?" Funny stuff.

Pat Patterson was doing autographs at another table and was polite, but not very enthusiastic. I thought I'd impress him by telling him I had seen some of his Backlund and Slaughter matches and thought they were great, but he didn't seem too enthused.

Lord Alfred Hays was super-nice, although he looked so frail it took me forever to figure out who he was.

Bruce Pritchard was decked out in his Brother Love gimmick when I was getting his autograph, and right when I was near the front of the line, he and Cornette got into an in-character shouting match for some footage they were filming, which was hilarious!

At a WCW house show in 1993, I was going to the souvenir stand during a bad match involving Curtis Hughes and the Junkyard Dog I think, and Foley was out there getting a corn dog talking to anyone who wanted to talk.

Guest stylz

Hmmmm

Having a beer with Booker T and talking with him a good half hour about his career.

Backstage at the first Nitro at the ACC...practically met the whole roster. The first guy I met was Sting...it was his first show back, he was walking into the arena wheeling his luggage. And I got to shake Ric Flair's hand...now THAT was a cool moment.

After the Raw at the ACC last month, I went to an afterparty that Y2J had at his club...got to meet and talk with Edge, Orton, Maven Hurricane and Coach. Jericho signed my Vengeance 2001 dvd I happened to have in my car (long story).

goodtimes.

J

I've met Tazz twice at ECW meet n greets and both times he was very nice a pleasure to chat with and signed and took photos. Very much like the personality he displays these days on Smackdown, but back then he was "TAZ", all FTW and badass so it was a completely different side to see of the guy.

But the best story I can tell wasn't even an encounter. Me my brother and a friend were driving home from high school one afternoon, and we had tickets that evening to a Monday Nitro. So we were heading home when we look in the rearview and in the car behind us is "Mean" Gene. We all start going giddy screaming "FUCKING MEAN GENE" and because we know he's going to the arena we head in the same direction, and he's behind us the whole time. I think he could see how we were reacting in our car, cause in the rearview I could see this look on his face like "Those guys in front recognize me, awww crap!"

I met Hulk Hogan at a North Carolina Airport in 1991. I was only 7 years old, but it was the coolest thing ever. I got a picture and everything.

This one will always remain my favorite encounter.

"Hey Chris, mind doing the Horseman sign with me?"

"Naw man, Horsemen are dead." (this was during the Revolution days)

I was also laughing (as in, make fun of) at Sylvain Grenier when he threw a hissy fit because I found a blade on the floor backstage.

Also, Pierre-Carl Ouellet called me Dave Hebner during an IWS promo. (Bakais was Earl)

A bored Steve Corino doing his best to maintain a conversation. Just the fact that a former NWA and ECW world champ was trying to keep my attention was funny in itself.

A.J. Styles offering me gum the moment I meet him.

Chris Daniels, introducing himself.

"Hey, I'm Chris Daniels, what's up? Call me Chris."

(another guy) "Heh, can we call you Curry Man?"

"You can, doesn't mean I'll answer you."

Being face to face with Perry Saturm's cross-eyed looked just screams "I'm a goof."

Ugh sadly Im in such a shitty part of Canada, a lil place that isnt even on the map of Newfoundland, so I have never meet a wrestler or saw a live show.....well except for one. When I was about 8 years old they had a midget wrestling show at what would years later be my high school. I meet and got the autographs of Tiger Jackson who would later go on to much greater fame as Doink's little buddy, Dink The Clown, He also won the "midget world title" that night, so I guess if anyone were to become Dink it would be him but still even better was when I got Farmer Petes Autograph, he was a rather fun loving ornery old guy, who liked to tell the time keeper to shut up whenever he said how much time was left. He even shook my hand and said and I qoute "Hey kid why dont you buy one of my pictures and I can sign that for you too."

God bless you Farmer Pete.

My brother used to have a friend that swore his uncle (and his uncle was legitimately at least 500 pounds, making this funnier) was good friends with the Undertaker and hung out at his house all the time. And that he knew that Kane was really his brother because of this, because he came over one time and they rode four wheelers, Kane wearing his mask the whole time.

That's not a real encounter, but quite funny.

And once I saw Edge in the supermarket and he had a cart full of sausage. That really did happen. A female friend of mine claims to have fucked him. I see wrestlers quite frequently, actually, as so many of them live around her. Tampa, you know.

Favorite as a little kid was getting Shawn Micheals autograph on a show that was also on my birthday. Shawn was still a Rocker in those days and was super cool.

Recent memory was standing out side the St Paul Armory and talking with Homocide and checking out a girl showing her tits some of the other boys like DeVito and Stryker. He of course was decked out in Yankee gear so I had to tell him that I was a Yankee hater which he laughed about

All the ROH guys that came out front were super cool and talked. Cary Silken was also cool. Wouldnt have even got to meet him had my cab shown up like it was supposed to. He was sitting out front of the builiding smoking a cigar and just started talking to me. Told him I enjoyed the show but was disappointed that the TNA guys got pulled ( this being after RFgate) and said that he tried everyting but that Bob Ryder and Jerry Jarrett were total pricks about the whole thing. He then went on to bash them for several minutes which were pretty funny but that I dont remember.

I met a few guys at local indy shows.

I met Raven twice at local shows here about a year or two ago. First time, I tried talking to him but he didn't pay me much attention as he was probably pissed at me that I was trying to have conversation with him and not buy any of his merchandise (wrestlers at indy shows get pissed at that). Second time I said what's up to him and shaked his hand and was on my way.

I met Steve Corino, he was a pretty cool guy.

I met Christopher Daniels, he was really nice and signed my ROH ticket for me.

I met Amzing Red and the SAT's. They were coming into the building and me and a few guys stopped them to talk and get autographs and stuff, they were nice. Red is REALLY short in real life.

I met Balls Mahoney and payed $8 for his autograph and my sister threw it out the next day. Great.

I met Trent Acid at a local show. Him and Johnny Kashmere were walking through the aisle to get to the locker room and fans stopped them for pictures. I say what's up to him and shook his hand, then as he was leaivng, he held his hand out and I high fived it, and he said, "Later bro".

I didn't meet him but I was standing in line to get into a show and guess who comes up and stands right next to me? Justin Credible. He was looking at the billboard on the table directly next to me, I didn't get enough courage to say hi or anything.

I met pre-pedo Rob Feinstein, not a bad guy (at the time)

But the absolute best encounter goes to:

It was a tag team street fight, Loc and Devito vs Monsta Mack of Da Hit Squad and Chris Hammrick, in the middle of the match, the fight spilled to the crowd (I was sitting front row) and Mack yells at me "Give me the fucking tape!" (I bought several WCW tapes from vendors earlier) and I handed him the tape and he SMASHES IT AGAINST LOC'S HEAD!. He then tosses the tape back to me. i still have the tape with all of Mack's sweat on it. Fucking sweet.

Favorite as a little kid was getting Shawn Micheals autograph on a show that was also on my birthday. Shawn was still a Rocker in those days and was super cool.

Recent memory was standing out side the St Paul Armory and talking with Homocide and checking out a girl showing her tits some of the other boys like DeVito and Stryker. He of course was decked out in Yankee gear so I had to tell him that I was a Yankee hater which he laughed about

All the ROH guys that came out front were super cool and talked. Cary Silken was also cool. Wouldnt have even got to meet him had my cab shown up like it was supposed to. He was sitting out front of the builiding smoking a cigar and just started talking to me. Told him I enjoyed the show but was disappointed that the TNA guys got pulled ( this being after RFgate) and said that he tried everyting but that Bob Ryder and Jerry Jarrett were total pricks about the whole thing. He then went on to bash them for several minutes which were pretty funny but that I dont remember.

At ROH Final Battle, Homicide and Smokes kept yelling at me and telling me to go fuck myself since I was wearing my Red Sox hat. Then, Smokes got down to earth and we talked baseball.

Colt Cabana is hilarious in and out of the ring.

Marcos once asked me to call Dunn on my cell phone. I marked out.

The ROH guys are awesome.

Guest jumpingbombangel

I guess my story kinda spans 5 years, so this may run long. But it is the coolest encounter I've ever had with a wrestler and maybe at a wrestling show in general. :)

I'd written and bugged ECW for a while to run a show in Arkansas. I started this around summer of '00 because I'd been a regular on Spike Dudley's website forum for a while (also all-around ECW wannabe mutant for several years) and I'd never been to an ECW show. I wanted the EXPERIENCE! I told everyone on the damn forum I was gonna DO this, right? So I called whatever ECW numbers I could find, talked to people...sent like, anything I could think of pertaining to running shows in our area, etc.

And FINALLY...one day Spike comes to the board and tells me that I did it. They were gonna run two shows down south in January. One in Poplar Bluff, MO and one the next night in Pine Bluff, AR (cue "DUN-DUN-DUNNN!"). This was around late Nov. of 2000. I dunno if you can reflect pride much in what you type, but I guess the little bastid was kinda proud of his mark girl that day.

Side note, but my birthday was a month later and I'd gotten a really cool gift in the mail that year. If you're up on ECW history, 2000 was the year Spike was out so long due to his knee injury. He sent me the kneebrace he had to wear...with an autograph and the words "I NEVER WANT TO SEE THIS AGAIN!"

Anyway, it was a great show. The matches were very well done, the crowd was pretty ECW knowledgeable, I got to meet Spike, got to get on RF's camera with Spike giving me the glasses. It was the best time I'd ever had at any wrestling show, seriously. And honestly, I really didn't sense it would be the last show. Not even when they all got into the ring at the end and Francine was getting emotional. To this day I still kinda get chills when I think of how I kinda had a little hand in the fall of ECW.

Fast forward to January 2005...Smackdown in Little Rock. I hadn't seen Spike in 4 years and I kinda thought he might've forgotten about me, but I took the chance and stuck around after the show. And I'll be damned if Spike didn't recognize me just as he was about to drive off, stop the car, roll down the window, and holler "Is that Tiffany?" It was a kinda cool moment since I got to go past security and all those fans around me who were more than likely wondering WTF I was getting so excited about Spike Dudley. :lol:

So I got to see him for a moment before he had to go. I love that little guy. :D

Damn that was exhausting to type!

Guest Loss
I guess my story kinda spans 5 years, so this may run long. But it is the coolest encounter I've ever had with a wrestler and maybe at a wrestling show in general. :)

I'd written and bugged ECW for a while to run a show in Arkansas. I started this around summer of '00 because I'd been a regular on Spike Dudley's website forum for a while (also all-around ECW wannabe mutant for several years) and I'd never been to an ECW show. I wanted the EXPERIENCE! I told everyone on the damn forum I was gonna DO this, right? So I called whatever ECW numbers I could find, talked to people...sent like, anything I could think of pertaining to running shows in our area, etc.

And FINALLY...one day Spike comes to the board and tells me that I did it. They were gonna run two shows down south in January. One in Poplar Bluff, MO and one the next night in Pine Bluff, AR (cue "DUN-DUN-DUNNN!"). This was around late Nov. of 2000. I dunno if you can reflect pride much in what you type, but I guess the little bastid was kinda proud of his mark girl that day.

Side note, but my birthday was a month later and I'd gotten a really cool gift in the mail that year. If you're up on ECW history, 2000 was the year Spike was out so long due to his knee injury. He sent me the kneebrace he had to wear...with an autograph and the words "I NEVER WANT TO SEE THIS AGAIN!"

Anyway, it was a great show. The matches were very well done, the crowd was pretty ECW knowledgeable, I got to meet Spike, got to get on RF's camera with Spike giving me the glasses. It was the best time I'd ever had at any wrestling show, seriously. And honestly, I really didn't sense it would be the last show. Not even when they all got into the ring at the end and Francine was getting emotional. To this day I still kinda get chills when I think of how I kinda had a little hand in the fall of ECW.

Fast forward to January 2005...Smackdown in Little Rock. I hadn't seen Spike in 4 years and I kinda thought he might've forgotten about me, but I took the chance and stuck around after the show. And I'll be damned if Spike didn't recognize me just as he was about to drive off, stop the car, roll down the window, and holler "Is that Tiffany?" It was a kinda cool moment since I got to go past security and all those fans around me who were more than likely wondering WTF I was getting so excited about Spike Dudley. :lol:

So I got to see him for a moment before he had to go. I love that little guy. :D

Damn that was exhausting to type!

There's another TSM poster from Little Rock, AR? Rock on!

Guest The Mandingo Warrior

I met Ultimate Warrior in Mississauga Ontario at a picture session. He was wearing cowboy boots, makeup, and the IC belt. I was 10 at the time, but it was a dream come true. Back then, Warrior was the coolest.

I met Hulk Hogan at tampa airport in 1991. I was reading a WWF magazine, looking at a picture of Hulk, and my dad says "Hey, there's Hulk!" And me, thinking he was referring to the picture, didn't even look up. I was like, "yeah dad.". Then he tapped me on the shoulder and I looked up..Sure enough, there was Hulk, decked out in a wwf bandana, gym bag, Hulk T-shirt , cowboyboots. He was walking through the terminal to his gate, and he was being mobbed by fans.

And Andre the Giant farted in my face once :lol:

I actually can't post my coolest encounter here, cuz what we were smoking during the encounter wasn't exactly legal and I don't wanna name names. Let's just say it was mostly guys who'd been in ECW at some point or another.

I was having dinner one time with a bunch of TNA wresters. Scott Hall was ribbing the hell out of AJ Styles the entire time (Scott: "Hey AJ, I was talking to some of the boys in NY, and you know who asked about you?" AJ: (all excited) "Who?!" Scott: "...nobody." Sean Waltman, Jerry Lynn w/ wife, David Young, me: roaring laughter). And then Scott promptly got a piece of steak caught in his windpipe and almost choked to death. Apparently he can't laugh with food in his mouth.

The most annoying encounter: having Dusty Rhodes drag me over to Vince Russo just to show him my resemblance to Tony Schiavone.

I actually can't post my coolest encounter here, cuz what we were smoking during the encounter wasn't exactly legal and I don't wanna name names. Let's just say it was mostly guys who'd been in ECW at some point or another.

Would one of these wrestlers name begin with R and ends with ob Van Dam?