TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

Anthrax Reunion?

Latest from Blabbermouth

ANTHRAX: BELLADONNA, SPITZ, and BELLO to join band at Holland's DYNAMO

Contrary to an earlier announcement indicating that former ANTHRAX singer Joey Belladonna would share vocal duties with his replacement, John Bush, for the band's special 25-year anniversary concert at Holland's Dynamo Open Air festival on May 7 in Hellendoorn, it now appears that only Belladonna will be present at the gig. For the occasion ANTHRAX will reportedly appear in their classic pre-1993 lineup consisting of:

Scott Ian - Guitar

Joey Belladonna - Vocals

Frank Bello - Bass

Dan Spitz - Guitar

Charlie Benante - Drums

ANTHRAX are said to be planning a series of concerts featuring Belladonna, Spitz and Bello this summer, including an appearance at the 10th anniversary edition of Ozzfest. Sharon Osbourne is believed to have promised ANTHRAX a slot at this year's Ozzfest but only on the condition that they perform with the classic lineup that was responsible for some of the band's most successful albums.

A reunion of the Belladonna-era lineup has been rumored for quite some time, with SHADOWS FALL drummer Jason Bittner going so far as to say that Benante admitted that such a tour was in the works in a conversation with Bittner last month immediately following the public memorial for slain DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott.

In his regular online column, dubbed "Blast Beat", Benante jokingly dismissed the rumors with the following statement:

"I keep hearing about this 'reunion' [with former vocalist Joey Belladonna]. I guess things got a bit outta hand. We were talking about doing a KISS reunion. We're all going to wear KISS makeup and go out and do a KISS reunion tour. I'll be Eric Singer doing Peter Criss and YES, I'll also be singing 'Black Diamond' and 'Beck' (haha). I need to figure out a way to play in 8-inch heels. I think that's how the rumors started, maybe it was Jason from [sHADOWS FALL]? Who knows what evil thoughts lurk in the minds of... never mind."

I pretty much prefer Bush to Belladonna, too, but would have no issue with Belladonna being back ... having the "original" line-up back together would be pretty cool, though.

What's Neil Turbin up to these days?

Depends on who you aske:

Ex-ANTHRAX singer Joey Belladonna has spoken to TotalRock.com about the announcement that he is rejoining his former bandmates for a special anniversary show at the Dynamo Festival in Holland on May 7. "Right now I don't know anything," he said, seemingly squashing reports that the reunion is a done deal.

As previously reported, ANTHRAX are said to be planning a series of concerts featuring Belladonna, and other former bandmembers — guitarist Dan Spitz and bassist Frank Bello — this summer, including an appearance at the 10th anniversary edition of Ozzfest. Sharon Osbourne is believed to have promised ANTHRAX a slot at this year's Ozzfest but only on the condition that they perform with the classic lineup that was responsible for some of the band's most successful albums.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=32749