TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ace309

SWF Smarkdown Card for Monday, February 14, 2005!

The Smartmarks' Wrestling Federation Presents...

SWF LOCKDOWN! LIVE, MONDAY, FEBRUARY 14TH FROM THE SOLD OUT NASSAU COLOSSEUM ON THE AWFUL, AWFUL LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK!

(5PM PST, 8PM EST; check local listings)

Send everything to Chuck Woolery

Opening Promo: Up for grabs.

TOM FLESHER! Okay, now that that’s out of the way, the card is booked on Long Island – expect Flesher to take the train and a cab to the show from his Manhattan residence! Funny how all Smarkdowns seem to be in the Northeast lately, isn’t it?

Also funny… it’s another do-or-die show for Spike Jenkins! The hometown hero is being walloped with a second consecutive defense, and of course, there’s copious Mak Francis as the SWF’s premier pure wrestling show invades a place inhabited by Fran Drescher and her 300 clones! All this week on SMARKDOWN!

The Card

Main Event – Tag Team Match

Landon “La Cucaracha” Maddix and “The Franchise” Mak Francis vs. Toxxic and Sean Davis

~ Toxxic is biding his time, ready to cash his title shot in against Sacred before the Australian takes on Landon “La Cucaracha” Maddix at From the Fire. Mak Francis isn’t at the top of Toxxic’s list either. With both Alan Clark and Todd Cortez busy tonight, Landon and Francis team up against former World Tag Team Champions best in a match that’s begging for three top contenders to pound the absolute crap out of each other! It may be Valentine's Day, but there's no love lost here!

Rules: Standard.

Word Limit: 6500

Send To: Chuck Woolery

Sub-Main Event – SWF Cruiserweight Championship

“Hollywood” Spike Jenkins © vs. “The Critic” Scott Pretzler

Special Guest Referee: Wildchild

~ “The Critic” has been impressing everyone of late, including his spiritual leader Tom Flesher, with impressive victories over former World Title contender Carnage and cruiserweight mainstay Kaine. Spike’s lackadaisical attitude backstage continues to piss off management, and so Tom Flesher has hammered him with back-to-back defenses. Pretzler’s shot is hampered, however, by the next Cruiserweight Championship challenger, the Wildchild! WC will get his shot soon, but not before having a chance to influence who his opponent will be.

Rules: Cruiserweight Rules. Standard aside from the 20-count on the outside and the prohibition against throwing an opponent over the top rope.

Word Limit: 5000

Send To: Ace309

ICTV #1 Contenders Match

“Urban Legend” Todd Cortez vs. “The Icon” Max King

~ King, despite a loss to Wild & Dangerous in tag competition, is undoubtedly a talented singles competitor. Hardcore Champion Todd Cortez’s stock has been rising consistently, but Tom Flesher takes him out of his element and throws him into a match where the winner will earn a shot at Landon Maddix’s ICTV Championship!

Word Limit: 5000

Send To: chirs3

Singles Match

Austin Sly vs. Alan Clark

~ Clark has been on the verge of breaking out despite the no-contest result of his match against World Champion Sacred. Sly, meanwhile, recently made a return to the squared circle. Flesher throws him to the wolves – the wolf, actually – to see where he stands.

Word Limit: 4500

Send To: Justice

What does the crowd want to see? LUMBERING GIANTS!

Dominic Korgath vs. Carnage

~ Why? Because they’ll beat the piss out of each other! Also, perhaps the relationship between Carnage and Candace will take another step. If he's still around.

Word Limit: 4000

Send To: Dace59

Edited by Ace309

Hey Tom, you did say I could turn in a match for this, right?

Absolutely. It's the standard rule for guest ref matches, and I'm marking it.

No one gets jobbed for writing a particular result. All matches start off on the same footing.

It may well be egregiously bad manners, but I'm Tom Flesher, not Emily Post.

Two questions:

1) Why is Spike a face in Long Island when Spike the character comes from Hollywood?

2) How come Spike keeps getting criticised for HIS lackadaisical attitude when for 110 days HE has been the one actually bothering to get something in for Cruiserweight Title matches, and most of his challengers have been busy fellating themselves or otherwise not bothering?

1) Because he sprung it on Thor once in the JL and it's been a part of his character since.

2) Because at this point it's part of a minor angle to explain why Wildchild is involved in the match-cum-running gag.

OK. Next question: Given that we have as many belts as the WWE and a roster of about a dozen, why don't we retire some? Just get rid of one of Landon's (my vote would be keep the USJL to keep the SJL legacy alive) so there is ONE midcard belt for people to fight over, and I guess keep the Tag Titles in case we get enough people to make the division interesting again. The Cruiser Title... well, yeah. The Hardcore Gamers? Umm... right. How about slapping all the gimmicks - hardcore, ladder, death match, whatever - on the USJL and keeping the World Title as the 'straight' wrestling belt? It'd save us having either half the fed as champions, or having double champions all the time. Bring some back out of storage as and when we get an influx of new talent.

"Holding people down by limiting the title reigns of others"

So what if we get an influx of new people, Toxxic? I'm working on a few things for recruits so that could be sooner than you think. If anything, maybe suspend a title until there is more pople to warrant it, but I think if we wait just a bit longer we'll have use for all the titles.

Maybe you don't care, Spike. You should use that belt to build your charater, do storylines with it. etc. All I've seen is boasting about longest CW title reign, and while it certianly fits the heel mold, your not doing anything more than that with it.

Mascot's here. Shit's about to hit the fan now.

It's an OAOAST Invasion~!

Chuck and Zack better make their loyalties known.

I'm just gonna break every one of you motherfuckers in half.

Semi-on-topic, we're not getting rid of any titles anytime soon. Spike will have a 1,000 CW title reign before I we think about retiring it.

Edited by Chuck Woolery