TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Failed Mascot

TSM Fantasy baseball 2005

Guest Failed Mascot

so when are the scheduled drafts and shit. I'll be doing Tom's OBP league(but I'm not drafting any Nationals players most likely) and that's about it. Still, it would be nice to get the draft going soon.

With the MLB taking over fantasy leagues, there's a little vaugeness about what's going on this season. ESPN, Yahoo, and CBSSportslines are the only places that have outright permission to run fantasy baseball leagues. Its assumed Yahoo will be free as always. The leagues start up tomorrow, so when they are, I assume Tom and others will look over options and get things set up. We've got lots of time left.

Guest Failed Mascot

It would be funny if Barry Bonds said people couldn't use him in fantasy leagues and his stats were placed under a player named "Robert Stecker" or whatever it is in EA's new game.

Guest Smues
It would be funny if Barry Bonds said people couldn't use him in fantasy leagues and his stats were placed under a player named "Robert Stecker" or whatever it is in EA's new game.

On MLB.com's ultimate fantasy baseball last year he was listed as San Francisco OF or something like that.

Some games used "SF LF" or something. MVP Baseball gave him the name "Jon Dowd," and make him a white, right-handed player. Dowd is the name of the prosecutor who investigated Pete Rose.

I vow to avenge my narrow 2nd place finish to MiB if it's the last thing I ever do. As God as my witness, I won't use up my pitchers' innings ever again!!

Here's the situation so far. CBS Sportsline is entirely pay-for-play. Yahoo has a free service, as long as you don't mind mid-afternoon drafts. ESPN has not posted their fantasy leagues yet, but assume they are also pay-for-play. MLB.com promises a free service in the future.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

there's no way the MLB one is free.

also, is the maximum innings rule which I so masterfully abused going to be changed this year?

there's no way the MLB one is free.

also, is the maximum innings rule which I so masterfully abused going to be changed this year?

Untl the final game in which you lost.

Yes, that will be changed for the upcoming season.

Is that the rule that allows you to go over by getting to the verge and then loading up on the day you hit the limit? I used that loophole to win a fantasy basketball league a couple years ago, instead of waiting for my two guys who were playing on the last day, I got up to 819 and then played 10 guys on the second to last day, taking me 9 games over the limit B-)

No, this one was a ridiculously low IP limit for H2H matchups, allowing a certain user to use middle relievers to win the pitching matchups. It worked until the playoffs, when a certain other user used the Big Unit and Johan Santana to kick his ass.

never before has Scott Linebreik been so valuable.

see I can't even spell his name right.

well the keeper league is full, but there's a couple other leagues.

If we do have 4 or 5 (or more) leagues, I suggest using your league's messageboard to discuss trades and such, or use the PM system here. Using this thread (or creating a new one) for discussion would just turn into a jumbled mess.