TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phenom

The OAO SmackDown! Thread for 2/17/05

Guest Phenom
SmackDown! will arrive in Cleveland, Ohio this week. And suddenly, so will Batista, according to the 2005 Royal Rumble winner.

After nearly being run over by JBL's white limo at the end of RAW late Monday night, Evolution's Animal said he would be dropping by for a visit to settle his differences with WWE Champion JBL.

Meanwhile, there's still plenty to decide just three days away from No Way Out. Does JBL have a master plan to somehow escape the Barbed Wire Steel Cage Match against Big Show with his title—and health—still intact?

Meanwhile, Booker T and John Cena will renew a rivalry that dates back to last fall when the two SmackDown! Superstars had a best-of-five series to determine the United States Championship.

Cena, who had been previously stripped of his title by former General Manager Kurt Angle, would win that series and begin another reign as United States Champion.

But now the stakes are even higher as Cena and Booker T face off in the semifinals of the SmackDown! No. 1 Contender Tournament. Both men are looking for a chance to win the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 21 on April 3.

The winner of the Booker T-Cena match will face Angle in his hometown of Pittsburgh with a shot at the WWE Title on the line.

Meanwhile, WWE is expecting to announce the fallout from General Manager Theodore Long’s hearing with the Board of Directors last week.

Don’t miss SmackDown! from Cleveland on UPN (8/7) CT.

This is like, what, my 6th SD! thread in a row? I'm on a roll! With no self-control! And I'm blowing off steam with meth amphetamine!

Guest Frank_Nabbit
I declare that by default of the First Post rule, this shall be the OAO OAO thread.

*concedes defeat*

random women running in on a CW match?

This is like satire come to life, like if HHH hit Jericho with a piece of a glass ceiling and pinned him to reatin the title.

Is there any more glaring admission to how little the promotion cares about the cruiser division than having their nameless sluts interrupt to hype whatever waste of time T&A segment they're going to put on the Sunday PPV (rather than, you know, WRESTLING)?

I suddenly have no problem with guys like JBL making these women's lives a living hell backstage.

Guest Phenom

If anyone has tickets to NWO, make sure you have a sign that says "I don't give a crap about the Divas!"

I think the reason it wasn't as funny as the others is because it was more a straight recreation with wrestlers than a parody.

Which makes you wonder why they changed the formula that's worked out so well for them before.

If they would have at least ended the commercial with something funny, it would have been fine. But Booker T screaming at the guy, then pulling out WrestleMania tickets? Lame.

In my opinion, the commercials would be ranked:

1) Stacy/Jericho/Benoit/Christian

2) Eugene/Regal

3) HHH/Flair

4) Eddie/Booker

Tonight's Hometown Hero was Dan Gimondo, aka Inferno from the ECWA. He's actually from Albany, NY and was trained (appropriately) by "Iron" Mike Sharpe.