TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

A new tag team coming from OVW...

I hadn't seen this posted here, but Meltzer has been reporting for a few weeks now that Matt Morgan and Kevin Fertig (he was Mordecai, of course) are being brought in as a masked heel monster tag team. They were using the names Blueprint and Vengeance in OVW, respectively. I assume they'll be in WWE very soon. No idea which brand they'll be on.

The last I'd heard on Morgan was the gimmick was to get him ready for a masked heel role to take on 'Taker. Still, I'll take more tag teams over this. I just honestly do not know why they don't call up Matthews and Nitro to do the MNM schtick on RAW and give Melina a purpose other than standing backstage.

I doubt "Blueprint" will be used, since that's only Morgan using his non-masked nickname. Kind of if say Jimmy Snuka wore a mask but still called himself Superfly. I may be wrong, but those two names don't really go together.

Guest Hass of Pain

Man, that sucks. Matt Morgan is way too talented to be debuted like this alongside deadweight like Seven/Mordercai. I remember reading that they want to get Morgan ready for WWE by having him work under a mask to protect him for the future, but still I think they should hold off on him for another six months at least. They should just bring him in as "The Blueprint", I love the gimmick and it's simple and won't typecast him for the rest of his career like a lot of the new guys coming in with absurd gimmicks will have to deal with.

H.O.P., let me just say it's great to finally find someone around here who understands that these OVW guys can actually mean something, but get typecast as green rookies and hacks by the way WWE handles them. There's probably only about five of us on here who realize that Morgan could be good for either RAW or SD! if given the right chance.

I really urge people to check out OVW stuff, because you would be amazed at what guys you find to be boring/unover on WWE TV (re: Bashams for one thing) can do. I'd actually compare the OVW setting to ECW, in that the booking is great for all the trouble given to Cornette, as he makes gold out of shit more times than need be. Not to mention that the crowd is very into the action, and does not let the portrayal of guys like Danny Basham on SD! deter them from blowing the roof off when he comes back to town as Damaja.

I really urge people to check out OVW stuff, because you would be amazed at what guys you find to be boring/unover on WWE TV (re: Bashams for one thing) can do. I'd actually compare the OVW setting to ECW, in that the booking is great for all the trouble given to Cornette, as he makes gold out of shit more times than need be. Not to mention that the crowd is very into the action, and does not let the portrayal of guys like Danny Basham on SD! deter them from blowing the roof off when he comes back to town as Damaja.

Totally agreed. After watching a lot of the stuff in OVW, it can be depressing to see the same guys so well booked in OVW turned into total jokes in WWE. Not to mention that some of the major OVW storylines and angles blow away most of what WWE puts out.

I had so much hope for Mordecai when he debuted. I liked the idea of "the pale rider", and wasn't too offended by his ring work. I always heard WWE wasnt too high on him because he was too nervous in the ring, and worried about screwing up. I can see two sides of the story here. For one, I think WWE would be thrilled to have a wrestler that goes the extra mile to make sure that he doesn't screw up anything in a match, and doesn't hurt anyone. On the other hand, you would think after the 2 or 3 months he spent in WWE, he would've loosened up a bit, and learned not to be so apprehensive in the ring. I got pretty excited when he cut the promo on Eddy Guerrero because I thought he was going to be pushed into a World title feud (which he definitely wasn't ready for, but being a fan of his gimmick, I was biased). Next thing you know, he's jobbed out to Rey Mysterio and never seen again.

As far as Morgan goes, I always liked him. The guy looked like a beast, and had a nice spinning powerbomb finisher. I just think he was brought to WWE a little too early, just so that they could fill Brock's Survivor Series team with all the HOSSES. It didn't help him much that he was teamed with the omega-suck, Nathan Jones.

I'm looking forward to seeing both Morgan and Fertig (Seven, Mordecai, Vengeance, whatever he decides to call himself) return to WWE.

Guest Trivia247

Maybe under a Mask Kevin won't have a fit of playing in the big league

Mordecai would have been a cool damn gimmick...

What was the point of sending Mordecai back to OVW in the 1st place I don't get, especially since he wouldnt gain shit from the 4 months he was back there anyway. They could have masked him 6 days after his "last" match on SD and Meltzer and the fans wouldnt know what hit em.

Even better... KEVIN MASK! He can do the gimmick from Ultimate Muscle. It'd be awesome.

Guest DeathBecomesYou

Even better... KEVIN MASK! He can do the gimmick from Ultimate Muscle. It'd be awesome.

That would be so cool, all Fertig would need then would be the English accent.

I have always seen Matt Morgan as a guy who can really BE somebody in the WWE if pushed right. He has the body, the looks, and I think he can have the in-ring skills too if he stays in OVW a bit longer. When he was brought in he was green, very green, and he was paired up with Nathan f'n Jones so that didn't help him. It would be nice to see Morgan return, but I hope Vengeance or Mordecai (whatever) doesn't screw the team up.

Am I the only one who thinks the Seven gimmick is so much cooler than the Mordecai one? I seem to remember lots of people creaming themselves when Raven was going to do the gimmick, so why not give the Hoss a break and tool him up with a decent gimmick. Think back to how minor-league Mordecai looked and then go check out the OVW pics of Fertig as Seven, and see how much cooler he looked.

Am I the only one who thinks the Seven gimmick is so much cooler than the Mordecai one? I seem to remember lots of people creaming themselves when Raven was going to do the gimmick, so why not give the Hoss a break and tool him up with a decent gimmick. Think back to how minor-league Mordecai looked and then go check out the OVW pics of Fertig as Seven, and see how much cooler he looked.

Morgan has shown *great* mic skills in OVW. He could really be someone in WWE. He's still not great in the ring, but he's a couple steps above Snitsky and Heidenreich and has some cool moves. He's been using Abyss's black hole slam and a delayed vertical suplex which he drops down into a DDT.

It'll do both guys good to get experience whilst under masks. Seeing as Benoit & Jericho clearly have nothing better to do, why not throw the new guys into a feud with them and give them an education in working with two of the best.

It'll do both guys good to get experience whilst under masks. Seeing as Benoit & Jericho clearly have nothing better to do, why not throw the new guys into a feud with them and give them an education in working with two of the best.

Speaking of masks and Jericho they should be sent to Mexico in their masks on an excursion and participate in the sacred tradition of bathroom stabbing. If they survive they should automatically be made into superstars and win the top belts in the same year.