TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

WWE newbits

Guest Trivia247

Source: The Torch Newsletter]

-Ted DiBiase was recently interviewed by WWE for a consultant position on the Smackdown creative team. It was for the same position that Kevin SUllivan interviewed for a few weeks ago.

-Eric Bischoff, Chris Benoit and others formerly employed by WCW reportedly got together during the trip over to Japan to discuss what caused the company's downfall.

-Many in WWE are worried that there aren't enough main event level heels to work programs with Batista in order to boost his star even more after his match with Triple H at WrestleMania.

Source: The Torch Newsletter]

-John Cena is expetced to receive a huge push in the coming months, with WWE attempting to get him some mainstream opportunities to go along with that push. Management is reportedly trying extremely hard to get Cena the male lead role in the upcoming "Predator" movie, which will not be a sequel nor a prequel to the already released series, but an entriely different story altogether. Officials feel mainstream recognition is vital to Cena's push so fans will accept him as a top-level performer in WWE.

-Vince McMahon was very upset with Johnny Ace when Ace couldn't be reached while he was on vacation. Sources say that his new position has taken a toll on his family. He also recently purchased a very expensive home, which leads many to believe that he expects to hold a high paying position with WWE for a long time to come.

WWE is hopeful that their new developmental territory in Atlanta will be running within the next thirty days.

-Even though there aren't any current plans for him, Mick Foley still has a desire to be a part of the show in some form.

-It looks as though Psicosis and Super Crazy are both competing for one roster spot.

[source: Steve Gerweck & The Wrestling Observer Newsletter]

Guest Trivia247
Wrestling in Atlantis?

I'd go.

obviously the torch has people who spell like me, oye.

*About the DiBiase thing mentioned*

...that reminds me, I have to make my "JBL FEARS DIBIASE" (as well as "KURT ANGLE FEARS ROCKY BALBOA") signs for this week's Smackdown in Philly.

Guest Trivia247

its interesting in that one topic of Cena in his movie career that the WWE hopes that this movie gig might help him appear more like a Top level performer......

Ummm

So what all those wrestlers in the 80's and 90's weren't top level performers in anyones eyes because all they did was WRESTLE on a WRESTLING SHOW and didn't star in movies..

I guess Mr. Nanny was the Chief reason of Hogan's Popularity.

Guest Fook
-Eric Bischoff, Chris Benoit and others formerly employed by WCW reportedly got together during the trip over to Japan to discuss what caused the company's downfall.

They should read Death of WCW.

-Many in WWE are worried that there aren't enough main event level heels to work programs with Batista in order to boost his star even more after his match with Triple H at WrestleMania.

Well other than HHH, there's Edge and....um....

I guess maybe Christian, but he would need a big win at WM.

Guest Mordecai's Cathedral
-It looks as though Psicosis and Super Crazy are both competing for one roster spot.

"No, you take it."

"You think I'm that stupid? You take it."

"No, you take it!"

"YOU take it!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Why do they need to interview DiBiase? Surely enough people there would, you know, remember him working for them for ten years?

Hollywood writers have no idea who he was...

Nah, no one saw this coming. There's a REASON we bitch about making new stars so much. Poor Dave.

Why do they need to interview DiBiase? Surely enough people there would, you know, remember him working for them for ten years?

Hollywood writers have no idea who he was...

Ah yes, silly me.

There I was confusing WWE with a wrestling promotion.... :bonk:

I guess that's what happens when you only LET one guy be a main event heel

Since having too many lucha's is a bad thing.

Idiots.

Super Crazy could get over huge though.

I guess that's what happens when you only LET one guy be a main event heel

Then they'll just go with Plan B - feud him with HHH for 2 or three months after Mania, at which point HHH wins back the title at some PPV and buries Batista as not being on his "level". Then we get another multi-month reign of HHH as champ.

Wait, who am I kidding? That's not plan B - it's plan A.

Guest Stress Truck

Is Cena really that good of an actor? Because a bomb would have the exact opposite of the desired effect.

Wonder if we're going to be getting a Rise and Fall of WCW DVD anytime soon? Seems kind of strange they would just bring it up out of the clear blue sky and that a news site would actually report it unless it had some relevance.

"...which is uh why dad that I shouldn't lose to Batista right away uh."

"By God Hunter, you're right again. We'll hold off until we've built up more heels to your level."

"Yeah uh right. Like I'll ever uh let that happen."

"What?"

"Uh, I said uh double-quad tear. I hate when that uh happens."

Wonder if we're going to be getting a Rise and Fall of WCW DVD anytime soon? Seems kind of strange they would just bring it up out of the clear blue sky and that a news site would actually report it unless it had some relevance.

Oh christ, a WCW Rise and Fall? That'll be 3 hours of each guy from WCW bitching and saying how awful the place was with Bischoff trying desperately to defend it.

All they got to do is watch RAW or SD.

That's true since HHH has buried every potential wrestler on RAW.

-John Cena is expetced to receive a huge push in the coming months, with WWE attempting to get him some mainstream opportunities to go along with that push. Management is reportedly trying extremely hard to get Cena the male lead role in the upcoming "Predator" movie, which will not be a sequel nor a prequel to the already released series, but an entriely different story altogether. Officials feel mainstream recognition is vital to Cena's push so fans will accept him as a top-level performer in WWE.

Since Austin and Rock were big box office movie stars before they became main eventers ............. who are they f'ing kidding?

-Vince McMahon was very upset with Johnny Ace when Ace couldn't be reached while he was on vacation. Sources say that his new position has taken a toll on his family. He also recently purchased a very expensive home, which leads many to believe that he expects to hold a high paying position with WWE for a long time to come.

Fire him and replace him with Heyman, who's got a real eye for talent.

-Even though there aren't any current plans for him, Mick Foley still has a desire to be a part of the show in some form.

He could work the popcorn stand if he wants to and be more entertaining than a JBL versus Randy Orton ladder match.

Guest Tjhe CyNick

The heel problem is on both shows.

Actually, out of the two, I think its better on RAW, because at leats they have Edge who hasn't been totally buried, yet.

On SD, assuming Cena gets the title, who does he go against after JBL?

Cant really rely on Angle, and who is after him? Heidenreich?

There is the possibility of Orton coming to SD and turning heel. But my guess is that you'd want to build to Cena-Orton and not blow it off right away. So in the meantime who does he face?

I asusme thats why there's been this talk of turning Eddie heel.

Back to RAW, maybe Chris Masters will catch on....

Oh christ, a WCW Rise and Fall? That'll be 3 hours of each guy from WCW bitching and saying how awful the place was with Bischoff trying desperately to defend it.

I'd watch it, especially since everybody and their mother will probably shit on Bill Goldberg. Probably only opportunity we'll ever get to see atleast one of the many tag matches between the trio of Billy Kidman/Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit/Dean Malenko, and Perry Saturn/Raven from '99 on DVD. And throw on the 4-Way between Blitzkreig/Juventud Guerrera/Psychosis/Rey Mysterio just for fun, and because I really want to see it!

Guest JerichosHi-Lite

What that says to me is that WWE knows Batista's not good enough for his spot and needs a rub to be taken seriously. This big push will backfire, I'm certain of it

On Batista and Cena lacking oponents after mania:

Do a draft damn it!I`m all for the idea of making the draft an anual thing.It keeps things fresh.

Guest Rrrsh

Thats GOLD tho.

Seriously tho, with some good extra matches, it could be very entertaning. Everyone hates Bischoff, it will be fun!