TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tawren

Generic Post-Raw Thoughts Thread

My only hope is they pair up Raw guys Jericho, Edge and Christian with Smackdown guys Eddie, Rey, and someone else.

Who do you have in mind?

it would probably be Booker, not that I expect that match to happen. It would be more interesting than a straight RAW match though

My only hope is they pair up Raw guys Jericho, Edge and Christian with Smackdown guys Eddie, Rey, and someone else.

Who do you have in mind?

it would probably be Booker, not that I expect that match to happen. It would be more interesting than a straight RAW match though

Technically, he never specified what brand the other five guys had to be on, so your idea is possible. Here's the entry from the WM 21 website.

With some of the biggest matches in WrestleMania history already named, Chris Jericho decided to make some waves of his own.

After defeating Maven on Monday Night RAW, Y2J provided a rather cryptic message concerning his idea for WrestleMania. According to Jericho, his idea is a chance of a lifetime, and it includes five other elite Superstars. And finally, Jericho proclaimed that it includes a large steel ladder.

What does Chris Jericho have in mind? What is the chance of a lifetime he was referring to? Who are the other five Superstars? Be sure to watch RAW each Monday night (9/8 CT) on Spike TV as this story continues to develop.

I guess we'll have to see.

I hope that when Jericho is issuing his challenges to Christian, Edge, Hassan and Benoit that Shelton comes out and demands to be part of the match saying that you can't have a ladder match without a prize and that if your looking for the best that the IC Champ is the best or something to that effect...it would at least add some story to it with Shelton being the fighting champion and all...I agree that Benoit and Edge should NOT be in this match so maybe it'll be an interpromotional match but I doubt it...imagine seeing a team Raw vs. SD! ladder match with a plack for each roster hanging so that you have two prizes to go for with Jericho,Christian and Shelton against the Dudleys and Rey?(couldn't think of a better 3 man team)...

Chris Jericho lost the IC Title to Shelton Benjamin

Hassan had a mini feud with Jericho and beat him

Hassan had a mini feud with Benoit and beat him

Benoit and Jericho have a love & hate relationship

Jericho and Christian hate each others guts

Benjamin and Christian had a feud over the IC Title

I can see Hassan and Benjamin feuding down the road

I'm sure Benoit and Christian dislike each other

=====

So there IS build-up to this.

Benjamin bringing the IC title into the picture wold be pointless - it would just feel tacked on, and would take the focus away from the point of the match, which is for five other superstars to make a name for themselves. If anything, Benjamin will end Hassan's undefeated streak at Mania for the IC title in a singles match in the 1st hour.

There's a pool of wrestlers who *could* be in the match, but it's too early to tell where a few of them (Edge, Rey and Eddie, to name a few) will be by the time the match needs to be announced.

Nothing to do, as of yet:

Chris Jericho

Chris Benoit

Christian

Maven (playing on the gimmick "make a name for themselves")

The could-be candidates:

Edge

Booker

Rey Mysterio

Eddie Guerrero

Darkhorses:

Shelton Benjamin (with or without title)

Charlie Haas

Muhammad Hassan

Smarks- "Jericho'll probably be dumped in the midcard at Mania in some pointless, forgettable match. What crap."

-RAW-

Smarks- "Wow, a 6-man Ladder Match that's only being made to tempt us to order. What crappy booking."

It's pretty lazy booking but then again, what's the alternative? Benoit/Jericho vs. Hassan/Daivari? Eddie/Rey vs. Bashams again? Benjamin vs. Snitsky again? Something thrown together for E&C? Hell, I bet the guys in it are thankful they're getting something high-profile and could care less about the build.

I don't get why everyone's acting all peplexed that HBK beat Edge. Shawn never wins on PPV anymore, he lost to Edge at RR, and they're trying to use him in a "legends" match which is the third most hyped match on the card at WM.

It's only natural that he gets at least one good win before facing Angle if they're counting on his match to actually draw money.

I agree... Michaels needed the win last night against Edge. It wasn't like it made Edge look back, it just made Michaels look ever more "legendary".

Randy Orton looking at the magazine was classic and in my opinion a cool way to set up the feud. With HBK, and now Billy Graham telling him he's gotta reach higher and make himself something special, not wait around for it... it's a good set-up in the works. (as good as WWE gets anyway)

No Christian really sucked becaus he's the reason I normally watch.

Do you think the Irish Whip was actually a screw up by Hassan? When watching, at first I thought it was.. but on a second viewing.. I thought he did it on purpose.. it looked rather unique. The ending was disappointing.. but honestly.. how many people actually expected Benoit to smash his head off a ring-bell? Not me. I think the camera men should of done a bit better job on that move.

Although Masters is plain, boring, and sucky in the ring... I'll admit to my guilty pleasure of LOVING his theme. His music rocks. Not as good as Paul London's or even Hassans. But good either way.

6-Man ladder match. I'm not quite sure who will be involved, but this is my guess...

RAW only - Jericho, Christian, Benoit, Edge, Hassan, Benjamin, Matt Hardy, Maven are the possible candidates for me.

RAW/SD - Jericho, Benoit, Christian(or Benjamin) v. Kidman(Or Haas), Rey, Eddie.

This is the card however, that I expect off RAW last night.

World Championship

HHH v. Batista

WWE Championship

JBL v. Cena

Kurt Angle v. Shawn Michaels

No Disqualification

The Undertaker v. Randy Orton

The card is variable from here... you could either get Plan A or Plan B.

Plan A.

RAW

Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match

Chris Jericho v. Chris Benoit v. Matt Hardy v. Christian v. Shelton Benjamin v. Edge

Mohammed Hassan v Kane

*Dont expect Matt Hardy v Kane, if the real life breakup of Lita and Matt is true

*Have Hassan complain that he isn't in the high profile ladder match..

(Heat or WM Mach)

RAW Tag Titles - William Regal & Tajiri v. La Resistance v. Team Superhero

Smackdown

(Heat or WM Match)

Smackdown Tag Titles

The Bashams v. MNM v. Charlie Haas and Hardcore Holly (possibly add the Dudleyz, if they return).

Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio (in either a Respect match or a Hate match.. although hard to pick the heel).

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Paul London v. Chavo Guerrero

Plan B.

Inter-Promotional Ladder Match

Benoit, Jericho, Christian v. Eddie, Rey, Kidman (or Booker)

RAW

Kane vs Edge

Shelton Benjamin vs Mohammed Hassan

RAW Tag Titles (same pairings as last time)

Smackdown

Smackdown Tag Titles (same pairs)

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Paul London v. Chavo Guerrero

Mark Jindrak v. Luther Reigns

Wow after looking that over, I definately hope they go with plan A.

Either way we have a huge number of "Talents" left off each show. Hopefully WWE goes with a quick ass Battle Royal, lasting around 5-8 minutes (I know its quick.. but it will be painless pleasure of having the lower guys on the card)

Big Show, Masters, the cruiserweights, Venis, Booker... it won't be great.. but either Big Show could win... or you could continue Masters' push and let him dump Show to win, somehow. Or just let Hogan and Piper come down and kick all their asses hahaha.

I donno, like 4 weeks away from Mania and my card is pretty much thrown together speculation... GREAT job on making people want to order WWE...

Wow, i just realized...

10 - 12 matches...

plus Pipers Pit

plus Hall of Fame

plus Hogan's special speech whatever..

plus the diva crap, whatever it may be..

plus the supposed live performance..

WOW... this is undeniable going to be time consumed.

Michaels/Angle will need 15-20 minutes.

Batista/HHH will get 20.

Taker/Orton will need 15.

JBL/Cena will need 15.

Pipers Pit will be around 15.

Diva Crap will be around 10.

Hogans whatever will be around 15.

Commercials for future WMs/Debuts and what not around... 15-20.

Feud Packages - 8.

Hall of Fame stuff will be about 10-15.

Ring Entrances - 12.

*Entrances is tied in with everything, except the first four matches.

The Ladder Match will be like 15.

Leaving... Extra RAW Match, RAW Tag, Smackdown Tag, Smackdown Cruiserweight, Extra Smackdown Match, and the highly predicted Battle Royal.. with about FORTY-FIVE MINUTES (and heat)

Toss the RAW Tag Team Match to Heat... and you get 4 or 5 matches in Forty Five Minutes.

SD Tag - 7

Cruiserweights - 7

Eddie vs Rey - 15

Battle Royal - 8

extra match for RAW - 8.

Wow.. if this is four hours it's going to be really rushed on the lower card... if its 5 Hours (please, I hope).. then everythign should get some time, and even leave room for all the titles to be defended on the PPV.. leaving the Heat Match to something like Reigns v. Jindrak.

Guest krazykat72

I was thinking the "big opportunity" for the 6 man match might be a title shot on the RAW after Mania or the Backlash PPV, but who knows?

-Paul Jacobi-

The Hall of Fame stuff is the night before, so the highlights will take about 5 minutes, tops...that knocks off 25 minutes right there.

They'll show highlights.. then bring them out.. show them off.. like they did last year.

I wouldn't be too quick to dump on Hassan.

He's wrestled pretty well so far, and one bad night doesn't ruin all of that.

He fucked up an _IRISH WHIP_.

I saw Kid Kash and Paul London fuck up Irish Whips before. Shit happens.

Remember what HBK said when he came back? That he was going to help put over over the younger guys?

Jericho?

Christian?

Edge?

Guess they gotta protect HBK for his meaningless match at WM.

Wouldn't having Angle cost HBK the match not only give their fued more heat, but also protect Edge?

I love a clean finish as much as the next guy, but the benefits outweigh the costs in this case.

Playboy giving away (though obvious) results of the woman's title match was hilarious and I doubt anyone noticed it until Trish made mention of it.

The line on the cover probably referred to her being the Diva Search Champion, because that's what she is.

There's no way a Christy Hemme match goes 10 minutes. Five at most.

They don't even let her wrestle in her underwear for more than three.

Guest M. Harry Smilac

Have they always came out dressed like that for street fight matches?

I swore when Edge came out that he got new ring attire till HBK made his way out.

and yea Edge is officially mid-card for life after last night....

I didn't notice if anyone else thought of this, but would it be possible that Jericho wants a 3-Team Ladder / TLC match instead of just a six guys, every man for himself? If that's the case, I think it would most definitely be Jericho & Benoit vs. Edge & Christian vs. Regal & Tajiri. Obviously, Regal doesn't fit in there, but does Hassan as others have predicted? I'm sure that he probably meant a normal 6-way ladder match, but it could be possible.

Guest Loss

If Benjamin isn't involved, what's going to be at the top of the ladder? They have to be climbing to reach something, after all.

Money perhaps? Like $25,000 or something? It'll probably end up being for the IC title anyway because if I hear another Benjamin/Snitsky match announced I'm going to scream.

Playboy giving away (though obvious) results of the woman's title match was hilarious and I doubt anyone noticed it until Trish made mention of it.

The line on the cover probably referred to her being the Diva Search Champion, because that's what she is.

WWE never called her that.

Face it, they're putting the title on Christy for publicity.

I may be wrong, but I recall them saying the same thing for the other "Divas" who posed, so it could be just a generic, albeit inaccurate, thing they'd say anyway. Like "WWE Superstar" or "female wrestler."

Everyone has pretty much said what I'd have to say, but I thought I'd add: Jesus CHRIST, how fucked up was the ending to the Benoit / Hassan match?

The ending to that match was one of the hardest things to watch in recent memory. Here is what I think went down.

-As Benoit came down from the top, Hassan was supposed to move the bell so that Benoit "hit" it. He was NOT supposed to keep on fucking hugging it all day long.

-We pretty much know that is what was supposed to happen, since JR tried his ass off to get us to believe that Benoit did hit the bell, when in fact he totally missed it, it wasn't even close, Hassan was hugging it in his arms the entire time.

-From what I could tell, Hassan was supposed pick up a pinfall victory over Benoit in that match, when Benoit hit the bell, it was going to knock him out.

-Hassan went ahead with the planned finish, but Benoi went ahead and kicked out. He didn't want the entire world to see him getting pinned just because he hit his headbutt. That would have made Benoit look like the world's biggest pussy in the ring. Benoit knew that he couldn't be pinned right then and there, because Hassan fucked up the finish...so Benoit, on his own, kicked out. Both Hassan and the ref looked seriously shocked that he did so.

-As soon as Benoit kicked out and got back up, you can see him getting close to Hassan, talking to him...more than likely about what they need to do for a new finish. Everything after Benoit kicked out looked like it was just made up on the fly.

-When Hassan went for the low blow, the ref looked as if he didn't know if he should go for the DQ or not, but we all know how it ended.

It was an ugly mess, Hassan fucked the entire thing up. Thank God he was in there with someone like Benoit who knew that something had to be done.

It was an ugly mess, Hassan fucked the entire thing up. Thank God he was in there with someone like Benoit who knew that something had to be done.

I wonder who will get the blame for the f-up though....

Guest Salacious Crumb

This is the first time since I started watching wrestling that Wrestlemania doesn't interest me one bit.

They're fucking rushing out a Wrestlemania. What the fuck is with this company?

This is the first time since I started watching wrestling that Wrestlemania doesn't interest me one bit.

They're fucking rushing out a Wrestlemania. What the fuck is with this company?

Simple: They have alot of people in the rosters, they need to find a way to fit most of them in

Other thoughts

-Chris Masters still isn't impressing me. Who the hell was the jobber that he went up against last night?

-Man, Shawn's face was so bloody, it almost looked like was a Smackdown lockerroom rookies rectum after showering with JBL

-So, is Christy being booked to fight Trish? Because if so, then it's a bad idea

-So far, i think their doing a good job of booking Batista vs. HHH right now

Completely agreed. I haven't seen an ending to a match so hideously botched in a good, long while.

Again, kudos to Benoit for not going with the "planned" finish, because to do so would have made him look like a complete tool.

If Benjamin isn't involved, what's going to be at the top of the ladder? They have to be climbing to reach something, after all.

A contract that awards them a push and a world title run of longer than one month.

Hell, RVD might limp out with a barely mended leg for that match.

Or one of Batista's suits, cause it takes winning a ladder match to get one.

Hey, remember how everyone said Triple H elevated Benoit by losing to him, and now Triple H is in another main event and Benoit's in the midcard? And how Angle and Shawn are both in higher profile matches than Benoit and Eddie, despite Benoit and Eddie being "put over" them last year? And Taker, too? Boy, that WWE, they sure know how to elevate talent!

WWE never called her that.

They used the word "winner" instead of "champion". Big deal. The two words mean virtually the same thing.

Why would WWE put the cover on the air a full month before the match if that's what Playboy was referring to? Why would Playboy put that on the cover to be published 3 whole weeks before Wrestlemania (March 10th)? Why would WWE even share their title plans with Playboy?

No, the cover was a reference to Christy winning the Diva Search, not being the Women's Champion.