TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Failed Mascot

Braves ink Tim Hudson to long-term deal

Guest Failed Mascot
Braves signed RHP Tim Hudson to a four-year, $47 million contract extension through 2009 with an option for 2010.

Hudson will still make $6.75 million this year. His contract calls for a $10 million signing bonus and salaries of $4 million in 2006, $6 million in 2007 and $13 million each in 2008 and 2009. The option year is worth $12 million and contains a $1 million buyout. Hudson is something of a long-term health risk, but this is a great signing for the Braves. As the top free agent pitcher available, Hudson would have command in excess of $13 million per year next winter.

If he can keep healthy then this is deffinately a great signing for the Braves. On paper I would have to say they have the best rotation in the NL East.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

The Braves have done a fantastic job of juggling their squad over the past few years. As a fan of the Angels, there is nothing better when you sign a good player but there is some sort of shame when all you do is throw money at players to make the squad better. For me, the Braves always end up having to make a sacrifice but always end up better from it. I guess it as good'a sign of great management as anything else.

Guest Smues

(exhales)

I was really afraid Atlanta wouldn't get him signed before his self-imposed deadline and he'd leave as a free agent next year. Glad to see the Braves get the deal done. Now that he's signed I can't wait for the season to start.