TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ransome

Trish Stratus

Guest Ransome

Ok, she might not have the wrestling skills of Alundra Blayze or Bull Nakano, but in terms of actually making the women's title seem interesting and important, and drawing the crowd into women's matches.....is she the best WWE women's champ they've ever had?

It's all the more impressive when you compare how far she's come since 2000. Since 2002, she's single-handedly carried the women's division. I really thought she'd be a face for life, but her heel promos have been excellent. You have to believe that if for some reason Trish was injured or out for 12+ months, the women's division would never recover.

And she's hot. WWF really struck gold when they discovered her.

I'd love for her to get some recognition, but it looks like the reward for her superlative work will be jobbing to Christy Hemme at WM....

Eh, I still think she gets the recognition because of her looks, although I am impressed by how far she's come as a wrestler.

I don't like her heel character though, it all seems very forced, and she still gets face pops most of the time anyway.

Guest seth86

She's the only diva worth watching in the WWE right now. I wouldn't call her the greatest women's champion but certainly one of the best. She's been great on the mic recently too. I'd hate it if she has to job to Christy.

Guest adam_bomb

Shes come a long way from the blonde bimbo that started 5 years ago, but shes certainly no Fabulous Moolah in terms of ability or recognition

*is eagerly awaiting Loss' response*

I'd say since they began focusing on maintaining a good women's division (from 2002-2004), she's been the best. Best credibility of the group of girls, best draw, etc. Great spokesperson for the division too.

Guest Loss

If she's not the greatest WWF women's champ ever, who is? Moolah? HA! Couldn't work, talk or draw.

Guest DeathBecomesYou
It's all the more impressive when you compare how far she's come since 2000. Since 2002, she's single-handedly carried the women's division.

I think that's a bit much, yes Trish has been the all around standard, but she has had some good people to work with during the past couple of years. Molly and Victoria, despite both getting buried for the last year and 6 months respectively, have done just as much as Trish has and have gotten less in return too.

I like Trish, she's turned out to be much better than anyone thought she would. But she's not working for me as a heel. Her whole "I'm a smartass, bitch" thing just comes off as bad acting more than it comes off "funny heel."

Guest Arnold_OldSchool
Ok, she might not have the wrestling skills of Alundra Blayze

Um, she's a far superior in ring worker to Alundra.

LIES!!!

Trish is their best combination of good looks and decent wrestler.

Maybe people thought she wasn't a good wrestler in 2000, but even then I enjoyed her character in the Trish/Stephanie feud and hell she made T n A watchable.

She's definetly my favorite diva of all time.

I really like Trish's current heel character. You almost NEED a character like that, going around making fun of the other Divas. Most of her promos fit into the "funny cuz its true" category.

I appreciated Trish's mic work a lot more after I saw the movie "Mean Girls".

Greatest WWE Women's Champion ever, bar none. Moolah was good in her time, but that was long before she got WWE exposure (she was considered old in 1985, for God's sake). Out of all former Women's Champions, Trish is the best wrestler, the best talker, and the best draw (if such a thing is possible). Lita would be second-best (if only from 2000-02); her utter lack of mic ability and in-ring versatility handicap her greatly.

Guest Coffey

There's a difference between a good bumper and a good wrestler. Trish is a good bumper. Her offense sucks.

She doesn't really seem to work as a heel either. I mean, she comes out, and rednecks are like "look at dem dare titties!" and she gets a face pop. Why are we supposed to boo her against Christy again? Doesn't senority mean anything to fans?

If she's not the greatest WWF women's champ ever, who is? Moolah? HA! Couldn't work, talk or draw.

Wendi Richter

And I think that psycho-heel Victoria > Trish, regardless if she's a face or a heel

As big a Victoria mark as I am, I have to say Trish is better.

Trish had NO CHARACTER as a babyface and was quite boring on the mic, but now she's highly entertaining.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Wendi Ritcher, she was the only woman ever in the WWF to have the women's division right up there with the men. She drew more money during her reign than most of the guys on the roster currently have.

What about Sable :lol: or Chyna B-)

I might have to say Richter in all seriousness because the division was red hot along with the male world champion division. As soon as she was dumped, so was the heat for the division for YEARS. Trish is awesome though and probably would have been better off in that era. She's a one woman division now.

Guest Salacious Crumb
Who the fuck is Wendi Ritcher, and what centruy is she from?

The mid 80s.

Guest Salacious Crumb
Wendi Ritcher only wrestled Moolah, fat women, and various jobbers in WWF.

So? That's essentially what Hogan did during his first title run and he drew huge.

Guest Thrashist

The Hogan vs Moolah match from Omaha still gives me chills to this day.

Wendi Ritcher only wrestled Moolah, fat women, and various jobbers in WWF.

So? That's essentially what Hogan did during his first title run and he drew huge.

She was better in WCW fighting the japanese women.