TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
reign

Post-Mania Draft!!!

I'll leave Ric to someone with more capable hands than mine. I smell another insane asylum angle with Flair though if he was stuck on my RAW brand. Perhaps that's how he would get to retire. He gets sent to an insane asylum. How fitting for Slick Ric.

Guest Loss

I like the aggression of your ideas, though. I think too often, we've tried to preserve lost causes that just are *not* going to get over at this point, no matter how they're used, because of injuries or burial or whatever other reason. I never would have advocated the burial of Ric Flair or resigning Clique members just to force HHH and Taker to step up or shut up, but we're at a point now where something exciting needs to happen, and you might as well exploit what the audience already believes to be true to its maximum.

I like the aggression of your ideas, though. I think too often, we've tried to preserve lost causes that just are *not* going to get over at this point, no matter how they're used, because of injuries or burial or whatever other reason. I never would have advocated the burial of Ric Flair or resigning Clique members just to force HHH and Taker to step up or shut up, but we're at a point now where something exciting needs to happen, and you might as well exploit what the audience already believes to be true to its maximum.

Does this mean Scott Hall should be brought back to reprise his drunkard role in WCW?

Guest Loss

Might as well. If HHH can't carry him to a good match, then HHH just isn't the new Flair, is he? Put him against crap opponent after crap opponent and watch him sink. If he can't deliver, time after time, the company would soon have to move away from him or die. Ditto for Taker.

You know I've been saying the wwe should actually run this new blood vs. establishment angle with the two brands. At least it will make the damn split exciting and seem meaningful for viewers for once. They can't shake up the two shows TOO much, but here is what I would do.

To RAW:

John Cena with the WWE Title

Bradshaw and put him in Evolution

Kurt Angle and put him in Evolution

Cena up against the old establishment of the wwe calling themselves Evolution would be quite ironic. Bradshaw and Angle actually fit the suit wearing Evolution, but of course both aren't the present or future. Give Cena the Austin/Hogan/Warrior push as champ and see if he is indeed the future. Having him feud with these three heels must work. Evolution's original concept has run its course. That deals with the main event scene for the summer until SummerSlam and have Triple H job out to Cena if they are serious about making him #1.

Bring Rey Mysterio to RAW as he would stand out and not have the cruiserweight thing bogging him down. He can toil in the IC division with the likes of Benjamin. Add Haas to RAW as well for this reason. That's 5 big moves to RAW.

To Smackdown:

Shawn Michaels(I mean there really is no explanation for this obvious one)

Chris Jericho (another obvious one)

Batista(takes the world strap to Smackdown)

Christian (he is jobber a la supreme on raw now)

Randy Orton(turn him heel against Taker and HBK)

The first two guys will increase the workrate and have gems with guys like Eddie Guerrero. Batista can reign without the fear of Triple H winning it back because you know the whole world is going to suspect that. Guys like Michaels and Jericho can turn heel against him. Orton can be his foil as well. Christian can do well for the US division. I don't like to bash Triple H "as much" as the net, but he is kind of a cancer because he is the only real heel that fans believe can win back his title at anytime and he usually does. This causes fans to be wary about investing into a top face. If they have Cena go gangbusters with the box office I would like to see how Triple H can convince his father in-law to take the title off him and put it back around his waist. Another thing is that Triple H will be away from the big gold belt which he is trying to establish as his belt as Flair once did. They can't book stuff like they did last year with Triple H still being the top star even though he isn't the champion. It's counter-productive, but we know the chances of this happening are.

Hunter could have 12 straight DUD PPV matches, and he wouldn't get the blame for it. Hunter isn't going anywhere. He's one cancer you have to work around.

Hmm 2003?

Royal Rumble? Ugh

No Way Out? Terrible

Wrestlemania? Let down

Backlash? Six men together couldn't salvage this one.

JD? Nash/HHH I, nuff said.

BB? Nash/HHH II, nuff said

SS? In the elimination chamber for, like, 2 minutes. Whatever good came from that match was taken away with the predictable finish

Unforgiven? Goldberg? C'mon, who could've gotten him over dud at this point?

SurSeries? At least he jobbed!

Arm? The worst of the lot.

RR 2004? Michaels/HHH: crawling around just for the hell of it, really.

So yeah, basically you're right.

I'll try and go 5 - 5.

To SMACKDOWN!

1. Randy Orton (heel)

2. Chris Jericho

3. Rhyno (heel, with a push)

4. Tajire

5. Snitsky (possibly to team with Heidenreich, or to feud with Taker)

Additionally, RAW should give the following stars actual pushes: Shelton Benjamin, Matt Hardy, Christian.

To RAW:

1. Charlie Haas (possibly as a heel, with a future Haas / Benjamin feud)

2. Kenzo Suzuki

3. Luther Reigns

4. Billy Kidman (Doesn't necessarily fit with cruisers anymore)

5. Big Show (More for him to do on RAW - possible Batista feud, could feud with Kane, HHH, etc.)

Additionally, Smackdown should give pushes to the following people: Paul London, CCC (should he ever get healthy), Akio (cruiser push, or default tag team with Tajire).

I would also suggest the idea that someone had last year: if you're going to bring in some new workers, hype them up beforehand and make them part of the draft. Make it similar to the pro sports, where you have "first round draft picks" being brought up from OVW or wherever they want to say they're coming from. This could be a good way to bring in fresh hires like Kazarian, or bring in returning workers like Ultimo Dragon, or to just bring up young workers like Johnny Nitro / Joey Matthews, and at the same time garner interest in them.

Guest Ransome

If they're gonna have a post-WM draft, they have to at least make it *mean* something.

If you recall, they had a draft after Wrestlemania 20 that was a total waste. It was built up as a complete shake-up of both rosters, whereas it turned out to be only lifelong midcarders that were switched. People like Nidia, Albert and Rico were useless trades cause they were fired within six months anyway, while Triple H immediately switched back. The only success of that draft was probably the breakout success of Shelton Benjamin, though he's been in limbo as of late.

This year, provided they do a post-WM draft, it has to change the landscape of both brands, unlike the half-assed WM 20 one. Maineventers *must* to shift brands to set up exciting new feuds for the otherwise-boring WM-SSlam months. Otherwise, what would be the point of having a draft?

To Smackdown!:

Chris Jericho

Christian (push him to Main Event status)

Randy Orton (turn him Heel)

The Hurricane (for the Cruiser division)

Don't know about this one, the could switch General Manager's :lol:

To RAW:

Charlie Haas

Big Show

Kurt Angle (I have mixed feelings about this though, Smackdown! may need Kurt and nobody has beaten him in his Invitational matches yet)

Rey Mysterio

Don't know about this one, the could switch General Manager's :lol:

They are many possible changes. I'm only sure about Jericho, Christian and Charlie Haas. What if Triple H went to Smackdown! for real this time and Jericho & Christian stay on RAW?

Guest bort

To RAW

Christain - he cant really move any higher on Raw with HHH, Edge and possibly Orton on the heel side,

HBK - Worked with all the main talent on Raw, give smackdown a nice boost..

Val Venis - Give him a new edge and let him wrestle

Cade - Let him do the HBK thing thats been reported,

Jericho - Needs off Raw, worked with everyone and jobbed

To Raw

Taker - Hes getting old and shouldnt be one of Smackdowns main Focuses anymore

Hass - Hes pretty much a Jobber on Smackdown now, Have a breif WGTT comback maybe a heel turn and feud over shelton gettin the attention

Big Show - Extremely boring in the role hes currently in, drop him down a bit, Sniksy and or Kane Fueds....could use sometime off due to Injury/weight

Rene Dupree - Isnt really doin anything...give La Resistance a newer feel...get Conway to go singles?

1st Draft pick - a new swerve type idea, Smackdown Gives Raw First Chance to Sign a OVW guy, could be a good way to debut a new talent and it would give them a bit of hype

Thoughts - I would Turn HBK or Jericho heel as both have been faces for far too long when they both play better heels and Smackdown needs a new heel. (Jericho would be my first choice as hes a little staler then HBK and could be Cenas first Program, while HBK could go to a JBL fued or countine the Angle thing...give a bit of a rub to Luther?)

I would put Christain in the US title race right away, a fued with Eddie would work well, give him a bit of a harder edge and bulid him to the point where he could be considered a Main eventer

With some Work Venis could be a solid Face, Start him off with a JBL cabient member like Jorden or maybe Luther

Smackdown was much thinner then Raw, i kinda killed off alot of Raws workrate with the new talent, Taker could fued with the Snitsky, Hussan....Big Show could use a little time off, bring him back in a month or so....maybe a short program with Batista or Snitsky...Taker or Kane.....The Draft choice could be used to debut the Matthews/Nitro team, ThrillSeekers....or maybe Chad Wicks

Guest Tjhe CyNick

To RAW:

Undertaker -- I think he's worked with all the heels on SD, so he could use the switch. Him and Hunter could work a program which would free up Batista for Edge. Also Batista-Taker as a face-face program would work, maybe.

Luther Reigns -- Just a big dude that they could throw at Batista. Not necessarily for a PPV, but even just a TV program.

Charlie Haas -- Not going anywhere on SD, could use a heel turn (maybe Evolution) and a program with Benjamin would be good for both guys.

To Smackdown

Randy Orton -- Needs a heel turn, build to a program with Cena for late in the year/early next year

HBK--Could continue his program with Angle post-Mania, also could be used to elevate Orton.

Chris Jericho -- Just needs to be freshened up, change of shows would do that.

I would move a few more lower end guys, but they could be anyone really.

Raw to SD:

Orton

Jericho

Benoit

Val Venis

Hurricane

SD to Raw:

Angle

Undertaker

Heidenreich

Big Show

Charlie Haas

Trade afterward:

Tajiri and Rosey for Reigns and Jindrak

This would allow for a lot of hosses to feed to Batista on Raw and give John Cena a chance at a successful title reign on SmackDown by being able to feud with guys who aren't as limited as Show and Taker. Haas and Venis could compete for the IC and US titles easily with a fresh start. And there could be a series of Michaels/Angle matches.

I wouldn't rule out both Batista and Cena winning at WM, then performing the 'ol switcheroo with the champs. That way, Bats doesnt have to eventually job to HHH and instead fued with Angle, and Cena can have a fresh atmosphere.

To RAW

Undertaker

Heidenrich

Bob Holly

Big Show

Reigns

Jindrak

To SD

Orton

Jericho

Hurricane

Rhyno

Tajiri

Val Venis

Here's how I see it:

UT/Show = Orton/Jericho (in terms of positioning)

Val = Holly

Rhyno/Tajiri (off & on partners, I think) = Jindrak/Reigns

Heidenrich can form that long-awaited alliance with Snitsky, and Hurricane can join the rest of the cruisers.

I wouldn't rule out both Batista and Cena winning at WM, then performing the 'ol switcheroo with the champs. That way, Bats doesnt have to eventually job to HHH and instead fued with Angle, and Cena can have a fresh atmosphere.

Could work. But then you will have the World Title on Smackdown!, while the World Tag Team Titles are on RAW, it would look weird. BUT then the champs will have a bunch of new guys to feud with over the year to the next WrestleMania.

They have to make this MEAN something. Not just a few jobbers and one upper midcarder moving. Really shake up the shows. At least ten or so guys (on both shows) need a change of environment, so do it. The good thing about something like a draft is that it can breath new life in to a character. It's a chance for guys like Val Venis, Hurricane, Rhyno, etc to get a push without it seeming manufactured. In an IDEAL world, they really wouldn't need to make changes, because they'd know how to use the stars as it is. However, they don't, so this is the easy way out for them. That doesn't necessarily make it a bad thing. I'd go with the following:

To SmackDown!

Chris Jericho - REALLY needs to get away from Triple H. Should go to SD with a heel turn, become the number one heel and probably get the title. Feuds with Eddie and Cena could actually draw. Should gain the most from the draft, as it may be his final chance to become the big draw that he should be.

Shawn Michaels - Most seem to want to change Shawn (or Angle) so that both guys are on the same show. I don't see it that way. I'd like Mania to be the only Shawn/Angle match. No rematches are needed. Any way, same as Jericho for Shawn, in the sense that there is nothing left for him to do on Raw. He too needs a heel turn, but it would have to be more gradual, as it wouldn't be as impactful if Jericho and Shawn turn at the same time. Jericho should probably go heel straight away, whereas Shawn should probably develop a little more of an edge, tweener-ish, and turn heel by SSlam. Should be used to put over the likes of Eddie, Rey, Cena, etc. I'd make him the no. 2 heel, but, regardless of that, his main purpose should be to put these guys over.

Kane - There's absolutely nothing for Kane on Raw. I think I'd be perversely entertained by a JBL/Kane match. Send him to SmackDown! as a face (for now) and use him well.

Christian - Number 3 or 4 heel. Same opponents as already mentioned - Eddie, Cena, Rey, etc. I'd be interested in Cena Vs. Christian more than anything. Send Tomko with him. A confrontation with CCC and Jesus would be fun. Could be a real opportunity to make him a main eventer.

Rob Conway - Let him adopt the 'Iron Man' character and give him the US title. He should have got the push that Rene Dupree got last year. See him getting over as a face long-term. Maybe get him involved with the Cabinet.

Val Venis - Doing absolutely nothing on Raw - a move to SD could save his career. Either feud with OJ or, preferrebly, put him IN the Cabinet. Have a rivalry between him and OJ (chief of staff + chief Morley). Both constantly trying to impress JBL. Another for the US Title division.

Rhyno - Start him off tagging with Tajiri, as on Raw. I think Tajiri/Rhyno Vs. Dudleyz could be fun. Eventually needs to be pushed BIG, and another part of the US Title division. Use him like in the first months after his debut. Face, but a monster.

Tajiri - Like I said, he starts off teaming with Rhyno. Eventually, goes back to the cruiserweight division, probably as a face. Do something with him and Akio, maybe with Akio blaming Tajiri for the destruction of Kyo Dai when he left for Raw. If he returns, put Ultimo Dragon in the middle of it. Funaki, too.

Hurricane - Doing nothing on Raw, like Val. I want them to push the tag titles on both shows, but Hurricane/Rosey is a dead team anyway, so splitting them up won't hurt too much. To the cruiserweight division he goes, and actually give him some storylines. Have other cruisers try to turn him to the "darkside", have him try to convert heels, etc. Needs a nemesis. Nova would have worked, but not now. Maybe Shannon Moore. It could work. Also, give him proper superhero music. Like Liger. He'd be over.

Garrison Cade - I don't really know why. I guess you could do the HBCade think that has already been mentioned. You could reunite him with Jindrak if another tag team is needed. If not HBCade, make him more like his OVW self. COWBOY~!

Tyson Tomko - Just because he needs to stay with Christian.

To Raw

Kurt Angle - I don't know what the deal is with Kurt's injuries, but, if he's ok, he can go to Raw. Luther goes with him. I'd love to see a rivalry between Team Angle and Evolution, but then I'm a sucker for heel/heel. Shelton and Charlie would be on Raw, so even if he doesn't wrestle, he could still be used. Needs to job to Benoit before he retires. Taker will be here as well, so they can finally do that match.

Undertaker - Get him out of the way of Eddie and Cena. On Raw, he can work with Kurt as he apparently wants to. You can do something with the Orton stuff as well. Matches with Benoit, Edge and Batista are all fresh as well. DO NOT MAKE HIM THE NUMBER ONE FACE. He's an an attraction - a sideshow. He jobs, just like Shawn. Also, drop the deadman crap. Either have him be a more realistic Deadman, like in summer 99 just before he left, or just go back to being biker Taker. He can be summer 99 Taker if he rocks the Ministry theme.

Big Show - He can work with Batista here. He's getting in the way of the important SmackDown faces with Taker, so move him to Raw. Should probably turn heel after a bit.

Charlie Haas - Team him with Shelton for a bit. Have it seem like Charlie is holding Shelton back, and have Shelton lose the IC belt because of it. Then, have Charlie say that the tag titles are more important. THEN, have Charlie win the IC title himself. HEEL TURN! And then, finally, bring Kurt into the equation and do a big Team Angle storyline.

Luther Reigns - with Kurt. Stick him in the IC division.

Billy Kidman - They have enough cruisers IF THEY USE THEM, and Kidman seems bigger than the rest of them now, so move him to Raw. Put him in the IC title division, and maybe we could get some good matches with Hardy, Shelton, etc.

Rene Dupree - See Conway. Rene should have stayed on Raw. Put him back with Grenier. Maybe have to win Grenier over to prove that he's loyal to LR or something, I dunno.

Hardcore Holly - Jobber to the IC guys. He's not THAT bad, so you could get some decent matches. Ready made match with Haas.

Heidenreich - As mentioned, team him with Snitsky. Sure, it'd be horrible, but it could be funny. WGTT Vs. Snitsky/Heidi seems like one of those matches that I just have to see.

Scotty - He's pretty useless. Doesn't git with the cruisers at all, so send him here. I'd team Rosey and Simon Dean (Simon System for Rosey!) so maybe get Scotty involved and try to convince Rosey that Dean is no good for him. Simon Vs. Scotty could be watchable, and you have the chance of striking lucky and getting a new version of Too Cool with Scotty/Rosey.

One more guy to Raw to make it eleven both way. I'm not sure who. Perhaps Kenzo.

So there you go. Create more tag teams too. Put MNM on SD, Shane twins on Raw, this Vengeance/Blueprint team on Raw. Sign Diamond and get him and Swinger on Raw. Call up a few of the OVW cruisers to SD, like Jeter, Cage, Cappotelli (though you could put him on Raw), etc. Actually use the guys who are in limbo. Richards, Nunzio, etc. I'd consider signing more name guys for the midcard. They shouldn't have released Train, Palumbo, Stamboli, Mack, Rico, etc who could be filling those places now.

With the changes I mentioned, the rosters would look something like this:

Raw -

World Title Division

Faces - Chris Benoit, Batista, Undertaker, Big Show

Heels - Kurt Angle, Triple H, Edge, Randy Orton (reveal him as the guy driving the limo, reunite with Triple H, or at least in a new Evolution)

IC Title Division

Faces - Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas (heel turn after a while), Matt Hardy, Hardcore Holly, Steven Richards

Heels - Billy Kidman, Muhammed Hassan, Luther Reigns, Maven, Kenzo Suzuki

Tag Division

Eugene and William Regal

Rene Dupree and Sylvain Grenier

Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas (part-time)

Snitsky and Heidenreich

Simon Dean and Rosey

Mike and Todd Shane (that's their names, right?)

Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger

Maven and Chris Nowinski/Al Snow (if Chris comes back, why not? Get Al wrestling again and you've got another tag team. Make a stable with these guys and Coach. Throw Mark Henry in as well.)

Blueprint/Vengeance

You've also got all the part-time teams like Hassan/Daivari, etc.

There's also a few other people on Raw that I don't care about, like Masters. Just do whatever with him.

On SmackDown!:

WWE Title Division:

Faces - Eddie Guerrero, John Cena, Booker T, Kane

Heels - Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, JBL, Christian

US Title Division:

Faces - Rey Mysterio, RVD, Rhyno, Mark Jindrak (he's been turned face, so whatever) (RVD and Rey should be pushed beyond the US Title, eventually)

Heels - Val Venis, Rob Conway, Orlando Jordan, Carlito Carribean Cool, Garrison Cade

Cruiserweight Division

Faces - Paul London, Tajiri, Hurricane, Funaki,

Heels - Chavo Guerrero, Nunzio, Akio, Ultimo Dragon, Shannon Moore, Spike Dudley

(Plus you've got the rumoured signings of Super Crazy, Psicosis, and all the development guys I mentioned).

Tag Division:

Rhyno and Tajiri (for a while)

Bubba and D-Von Dudley

Doug and Danny Basham

Johnny Nitro and Joey Matthews

Haven't a clue who else you'd have. Make new tag teams. If needed, put the Shanes or one of the other new teams on SD. This is where they need the FBI and the other guys they released.

So there - that's how the rosters should be after Mania. Pretty cool, in my opinion.