TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Things in wrestling that were never explained

What are some examples of this, whether it be because an angle was dropped or forgottten about, or some other reason?

I'll start with "what Paul Bearer whispered to the Undertaker" when Taker and Big Show lost the tag team titles to Rock and Sock on RAW in 1999. I remember Show was angry at Taker, who then on Smackdown whispered what it was into Show's ear, and he gave a "oh shit" type of look. I guess they just had no idea what to make it, so that's what they did.

Another is Little Johnny.

Guest BrokenWings

Who pulled the briefcase to the rafters during the ladder match at KOTR '99.

Guest LooneyTune

What exactly was in the Undertakers urn? In the early run, I just assumed some dead person ashes, but after the Kane angle started, maybe his parents or Kane's allegeded ashes...

Guest LooneyTune

Thats one thing that bugs me too...

At Sur. Series 91, it's actually ashes

At Rumble 94 it's green smoke

At Sum. Slam 94 it's a friggin flashlight

The Hummer? Nash or Hogan... unless they were late for booking meetings, then it was La Parka.

It was implied that Bisch was in the Hummer; during the new blood angle, Bischoff and Kidman come at hogan and Eric yells something to the affect of "never trust a guy in a white hummer"

also, didn't Papa Shango use his powers agains the Ultimate Warrior a few times?

-Cheex

also, didn't Papa Shango use his powers agains the Ultimate Warrior a few times?

Not during a match, all he did was use his Voodoo Stick to shoot sparks(used on PTW against guys like El Matador,Crush and even Repo Man) despite being able turn off the arena lights(used when his opponent's feet were set on fire) at will and giving opponents stomach cramp(happened to Warrior) which he could have used when in trouble in a match.

I'm sorry to post off topic, but what was the deal with Warrior getting the stomach cramps from Shango? I remember him going into convulsions and having to be removed from the ring, then he puked all over everyone backstage. Did Warrior possess the mystic ability to vomit on command, or how else was this done? Was there ever a blow-off to their feud?

Back on topic, what about DDP's "mysterious benefactor" that got him off the streets and back in WCW after he lost the retirement match to Johnny B Badd?

How Dawn Marie and Torrie Wilson are able to stand smiling side by side nowadays as if Dawn Marie killing Torrie's dad ever happened.

G-TV. - I'm still looking for the character behind this

Don't think they ever decided on who was behind G-TV.

Golddust would of made the most sense, since it seemed like something he would of done.

GTV was written for Goldust, then Russo tried to have it be Tom Green (Vince rejected the idea).

The Bossman raised the briefcase.

The 'benefactor' for DDP was never revealed.

Who was driving the faux-JBL limo that Triple H set up to "run over" Batista? Triple H made the save and Flair was completely oblivious to the fact it was Triple H's was behind the setup.

Why did Raven look all weird when he found a picture of Roddy Piper in his closet?

They were going to do an angle together about Raven's childhood, but this is WCW so it got dropped.

GTV was written for Goldust, then Russo tried to have it be Tom Green (Vince rejected the idea).

The Bossman raised the briefcase.

The 'benefactor' for DDP was never revealed.

I heard a rumor on the net in '99 that a possibility was going to be Chris "Gericho." Yes, they were supposedly going to change the spelling of his name.

There were other Jericho rumors then, too. Such as a face and heel DX, the former consisting of Road Dogg, X-Pac and the Hardy Boyz, the latter HHH, Chyna, Gunn and "X-Calibur" (Jericho).

It turned out that a heel vs. face DX would be for one PPV only, supposedly a match for the rights to the DX name.

Guest Pariah

If the Undertaker's parent's ashes are in the urn, how did Kane manage to dig up their coffins and chokeslam Taker through their bones?

And the Jericho being 'X-Calibur' myth came about because of the Wrestlemania 2000 game, as THQ weren't sure what he was going to be coming in as, so they made the Jericho character but called him 'X-Calibur'

Guest LooneyTune

Bossman

Is that Aurora Snow and Gauge in your avatar?

Quickly to get the answer in first: yes it is.

Here's a WWF angle that didn't make sense: LOD splitting up in 1998 and possibly set to feud (ouch...) ... but are magically teaming again at WM XIV, and managed by Sunny. I don't think they ever explained this.

Bossman

Is that Aurora Snow and Gauge in your avatar?

Quickly to get the answer in first: yes it is.

Here's a WWF angle that didn't make sense: LOD splitting up in 1998 and possibly set to feud (ouch...) ... but are magically teaming again at WM XIV, and managed by Sunny. I don't think they ever explained this.

I think they just fobbed it off with "Sunny talked to them both and convinced them to get back together so they could have sex with her" or something like that.