TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

Not the right guy?

He's going to have to beat Main Eventers to become established. RAW has more Main Eventers to beat.

Brock didn't need Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair or Triple H to get to the top. hes done pretty well for himself riseing to the top on SmackDown!. Cena can do the same.

so when ever the WWE decides to push someone to the main-event spot on Smackdown, the easy way to do it is to just shift them off to Raw? I don't think so.

He's going to have to beat Main Eventers to become established. RAW has more Main Eventers to beat.

Brock didn't need Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair or Triple H to get to the top. hes done pretty well for himself riseing to the top on SmackDown!. Cena can do the same.

No, Brock just needed to beat Hulk Hogan, The Rock, and the Undertaker.

Honestly, the idea that Brock became established without beating top guys is ludicrous. Never in the history of wrestling has someone been fed so many big wins over such elite stars in such a short period of time.

I think "ending" Hulk Hogan's career, getting the Rock's first clean job in over three years, and getting Undertaker's first clean job in over a year is a little bit more of a rub than beating HHH and Flair.

Now, this doesn't mean Cena should jump to Raw, because he shouldn't. I'm just saying that you picked the worst possible example of someone getting over without beating top stars that you could have possibly made.

Guest Tjhe CyNick

Yeah Rock losing was never a big deal, it was just another name on a list of guys that he beat. I think it was a bigger deal that Rock left the company after the loss, so it kinda made it look like Brock ran both Hogan and Rock out fo the WWE. But the JOB itself wasn't nearly as big as the booking after it.

Cena should/has to win. Cena is very very over right now, the WWE lacks stars, they dont seem to want to push Eddie back to that spot, so of course Cena is the right guy to be champion.

Cena and Batista need to be given every opportunity to carry their respective brands through 2005.

As for future programs, they have a few if they make the right moves. The way I see it they can have JBL-Cena go until Judgment Day rather easily. The program has really just started, and with the title switch, and a rematch clause, I think its a pretty safe bet thats what will headline JD. Depending how the program goes, and maybe with a quciky title switch, they could even let it go through the Bash, but that might be pushing it.

Hopefully they bring either Benoit or Jeirhco to SD and have them turn heel. I think either of those guys would be perfect guys who could be asked to have good matches with Cena and put him over.

Next I would bring back Brock. I think Brock-Cena would be a killer program, especially with Brock being gone for what would then be over a year. They could play up how Brock thinks he's better than the business, and Cena would act as the man of the people, the people's champ if you will.

For Mania 22, I think the big program on SD should be a heel Randy Orton against Cena. I would actually have this program start at Surv Ser, where Orton would win the title, and then have Cena chase him to Mania.

Except Rock tapped out to Benoit, clean, 3 weeks earlier. Your Rocky hate is sad.

He also lost clean to Hogan on RAW a week before WM18.

Except Rock tapped out to Benoit, clean, 3 weeks earlier. Your Rocky hate is sad.

Rock lost to Benoit in a tag match because Brock Lesnar came out and distracted him. Then, just to make sure it didn't have any resonance, Rock beat him clean in a singles match two weeks later.

Brock still got the first clean singles win, and the first clean win of any sort without a distraction since 1999.

BTW, I don't hate Rocky at all. I like him, and I'd be happy if he took wrestling serious enough to run roughshod over the roster again. I just think it's funny that people bitch about HHH when he jobs 10 times more than Rock ever did as a full-time wrestler.

So, what, tag matches don't count? You simply said that Rock hadn't jobbed clean - I gave you a match in which he did job clean, by submission, no less. Who cares about a distraction, really? Distraction leading to a fluke win for the opponent when victory is inevitable for Rock, I'll give you - see Hurricane Vs. Rock. Distraction in this case doesn't taint the victory. It was clean. Don't deny it.

Benoit and Edge lost the tag titles cleanly to La Resistance, but you wouldn't say for example that Edge lost cleanly to Grenier. (I don't remember who exactly got the pinfall, but you get the point.) If HHH loses clean in a tag match to Booker T leading up to Wrestlemania, people don't consider that a clean win that elevates Booker.

The point is that in the WWE, singles matches are what are significant for singles wrestlers. As such, Brock Lesnar ended up getting all the rub that Rocky had to give from going over three years without losing cleanly in a singles match. And my real point on the distraction was that if Brock Lesnar was the one distracting him when he lost the tag match to Benoit, then Brock Lesnar won't lose any of the rub Rock was giving off because Benoit stole his thunder or some damn thing.

Oh, and to whoever brought up the Hogan match, it never counts as clean when you lose in a frigging handicap match. (Well uness you're on the side with more people of course.)

Or unless you're not a blind Rock-hater.

There was no cheating and no interference, so yes, it does count as a clean loss. HHH wouldn't even job clean in a three-on-one handicap match.