TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LessonInMachismo

Evolution

With Orton and Batista gone, Evolution is now down to Triple H and Flair. I don't want this stable to die because there is just something cool about the guys who wear suits and mack on women.

I have been thinking about this, and this is the new Evolution that I came up with:

Triple H

Flair - for now...he is too loved to stay heel...find another veteran to take his place

Shelton Benjamin - I can see Shelton in this role. Hunter would make him a member because Shelton beat him. Kind of like a "keep your enemies close" kind of thing.

Matt Morgan - I know this sounds crazy, but of all the hosses, I think Matt has the biggest chance of making it at some point in the future. He is big and would look good in a suit alongside the other guys. To top it off, his valet would be...

Dawn Marie - The first female member of Evolution. Can you think of any other Diva that would fit in Evolution? She looks good alongside a guy -- like just a great valet -- and she'd make Matt look even bigger while standing at his side.

So you have Flair (the past), Hunter (the present), and Shelton and Morgan (two possible futures...two possible paths of evolution, just like Orton and Batista)

Thoughts?

How bout this...

After Batista beats Triple H for the World Title, Flair and Triple H remains as Evolution, but they stay the hell out of the World Title picture and move on to the Tag Team Division and chase the World Tag Team Title while guys like Edge,Kane,Benoit and Jericho go on the feud for the World Title through out 2005.

I think Evolution will soon be gone, now that Orton and Batista have 'evolved' from it. The only thing I can really see it doing beyond WM is Flair leaving, eventually tired of HHH cowering behind him in a "you'll have to get through Flair before you can get to me" fashion.

Instead of Matt Morgan I think we would see Chris Masters. I like Morgan more then Masters, but Masters met Flair in his debut and he told him to watch him. I think they brought him to the WWE as a possible replacement of Batista. Shelton Benjamin might work because he beat HHH before, but Shelton is too loved at the moment

Guest cosbywasmurdered

HHH would look like an idiot picking a new member for Evolution when they always turn on him.

Maybe they could add a tag team to their group, like I dunno, La Resistance or something...

ugh, that's probably a terrible idea, too.

I don't really think Shelton should be turned to join them at this point....he still seems pretty over as a face, and the crowd seems to like him. Maybe Christian could join?

HHH would look like an idiot picking a new member for Evolution when they always turn on him.

Only Batista did. That's one person.

Evolution turned on Orton.

In Hunter's mind, Orton turned on Evolution.

(Wouldn't a better title for this thread have been "Is Evolution going Extinct?" I mean, really...

"Has it gone the way of the dodo?" Who even says that anymore?)

Guest combat_rock

Have HBK take Flair's place as the veteran. Have Flair get sick of being Triple H's bitch and give him one last strong program where he beats Hunter (in the Carolinas) and retires from active competition to manage Batista.

As for who should be the future, I think they should go with Maven and Morgan. From what I've heard Morgan's been kind of impressive in the main event in OVW, he might actually be ready to make something of himself in the WWE now.

Finish it.

They were around for a couple years or so, but it's run its course. Time to move onto something new.

Hmm...

Replacing Orton can be - Charlie Haas

Replacing Batista - Masters

Female Evolution - ALEXIS~!

Finish it.

They were around for a couple years or so, but it's run its course. Time to move onto something new.

I agree. Evolution's like the NWO: Very interesting at first, but as the years dragged on it became very stale. Put it to rest at 'Mania 21.

Since you mentioned Shelton, I really think that Charlie Haas would be a good fit. Switch him over from SD, turn him, and stick him in there. Not only does he look the part, but it'd seriously help his career. he could then feud with Shelton for the IC belt. Only problem is that you'd have to have Jackie switch rosters, too, since they have to stick together. But hey, she's not doing shit on Smackdown, and maybe she could end up as a decent worker fo the Women's division someday.

As for another member.... Maybe Christian, but I don't know. I want him to evolve into a main event superstar, and I don't know if that could happen if he was with HHH.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

Only Batista did. That's one person.

Evolution turned on Orton.

So then whoever joins looks like a moron too, that's much better!

Like RoboJerk said, HHH saw Orton's actions as turning on Evolution.

I don't know that they'd look like a moron for joining. They would like kind of smart to me. The last two guys to be elevated to ME level have been in Evolution, it sort of makes sense that if one were to join he would have a better shot at the ME then someone who doesn't. It makes sense from a storyline standpoint and a political standpoint as everything has to revolve around HHH.

Since they are getting the band to sing the Evolution theme song live at WM even though neither will use it (HHH and Batista will use their seperate themes), they might as well do another "story of the main event" thing to the theme to get one last good use out of it.

Oh, and I'll leave it to hHH to say something like "I AM EVOLUTION" or something and pretty much kill the idea that he would get anyone else to join.

Guest cosbywasmurdered
I don't know that they'd look like a moron for joining. They would like kind of smart to me. The last two guys to be elevated to ME level have been in Evolution, it sort of makes sense that if one were to join he would have a better shot at the ME then someone who doesn't. It makes sense from a storyline standpoint and a political standpoint as everything has to revolve around HHH.

No, because in storylines HHH has always made it clear that Evolution is there to watch his back. As soon as anyone becomes a thread he takes them out (Orton) or tries to trick them into leaving (Batista).

I don't know that they'd look like a moron for joining.  They would like kind of smart to me.  The last two guys to be elevated to ME level have been in Evolution, it sort of makes sense that if one were to join he would have a better shot at the ME then someone who doesn't.  It makes sense from a storyline standpoint and a political standpoint as everything has to revolve around HHH.

No, because in storylines HHH has always made it clear that Evolution is there to watch his back. As soon as anyone becomes a thread he takes them out (Orton) or tries to trick them into leaving (Batista).

Yet let's assume Batista wins at WM..

The last two guys to be in Evolution have become world champs..

I don't know that they'd look like a moron for joining.  They would like kind of smart to me.  The last two guys to be elevated to ME level have been in Evolution, it sort of makes sense that if one were to join he would have a better shot at the ME then someone who doesn't.  It makes sense from a storyline standpoint and a political standpoint as everything has to revolve around HHH.

much like the horsemen existed to watch flairs back and protect his title. and the nWo as well (Hogan formed it to protect his title if you think about it in kayfabe terms as well as jealosuy over being booed by wcw fans)

evolution has never been anything near the level of the past supergroups. thank god itll end at wm

of course evolution is about HHH listen to the lyrics

"See my reflection change, nothing evers stays the same, but you know the names The Game"

Guest Dale Earnhardt

much like the horsemen existed to watch flairs back and protect his title. and the nWo as well (Hogan formed it to protect his title if you think about it in kayfabe terms as well as jealosuy over being booed by wcw fans)

evolution has never been anything near the level of the past supergroups. thank god itll end at wm

"See my reflection change, nothing evers stays the same, but you know the names The Game"

The nWo was formed to take over WCW. Hogan wasn't champion when the nWo formed. The nWo had nothing whatsoever to do with protecting the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. The nWo's main goal was to overtake WCW. The nWo "started" with Kevin Nash and Scott Hall "invading" WCW in 1996. They recruited Hulk Hogan and officially became the nWo. The whole thing was Hogan wanting to take over the world of professional wrestling. Getting the WCW World Heavyweight Champion was just an neccessary goal in accomplish that task. In no way was their objective to protect Hogan and his title. They only protected the title because it was essential to their goal to take over.

Anyway, Chris Masters has a cocky heel look and could easily be masked by Ric Flair while he improves in the ring. Chris Masters needs to be in Evolution. The whole point of Evolution is so Triple H can emulate Ric Flair in another aspect. To accomplish this, Evolution must be reborn, must like the Horsemen did whenever it would lose members. Masters, HHH, Flair and another guy (Haas, Jindrak) would fill out the Evolution just perfectly.

The nWo was formed to take over WCW. Hogan wasn't champion when the nWo formed. The nWo had nothing whatsoever to do with protecting the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. The nWo's main goal was to overtake WCW. The nWo "started" with Kevin Nash and Scott Hall "invading" WCW in 1996. They recruited Hulk Hogan and officially became the nWo. The whole thing was Hogan wanting to take over the world of professional wrestling. Getting the WCW World Heavyweight Champion was just an neccessary goal in accomplish that task. In no way was their objective to protect Hogan and his title. They only protected the title because it was essential to their goal to take over.

Anyway, Chris Masters has a cocky heel look and could easily be masked by Ric Flair while he improves in the ring. Chris Masters needs to be in Evolution. The whole point of Evolution is so Triple H can emulate Ric Flair in another aspect. To accomplish this, Evolution must be reborn, must like the Horsemen did whenever it would lose members. Masters, HHH, Flair and another guy (Haas, Jindrak) would fill out the Evolution just perfectly.

yea but as time went by, it came clear that Hogan was only worried about himself, and would sacrifce his fellow members to save himself. that is what led to the nWo spilt in 98 basically. I guess I shoudl have said IMO

I can't see Evolution being defunct for good really, it's supposed to be HHH's 2nd rate Horsemen. Thus when people leave it's time for some other guys to join. Hell it's a surefire storyline: HHH scouting the talent looking for his next recruits, people turn him down, people want to join for a career boost, you have months of solid storylines off this.

As far as who would join, I can't see Shelton. There's always been a vaguely implied racism in Evolution (see the Booker T feud, or HHH having an iron cross on his ass) that makes it kinda odd to have a black member. This is different from JBL's cabinet where he has a black lackey mainly so he can have a black lackey, haha. In other words JBL is more in common with typical southern rednecks who might be kinda racist but enjoy having power over black people, whereas HHH and his boys are flat out racists who want nothing to do with blacks at all.

I dare say there might be money in a Jericho joins Evolution storyline, and of course his eventual turn on HHH. Who is left in OVW to bring up anyway? I live in Louisville but haven't been to the show in ages.