TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zack Malibu

Lock Down Rumor

In Meltzer's report today, it mentioned that AJ Styles vs. Abyss is set to be one of the two Six Sides of Steel matches next month.

Also, someone in one of his feedback mailbags made mention that JJ will probably be in a tag match next month, which would keep the belt on him longer and set up his next fall guy.

I'm all for a Styles/Abyss match, but honestly I don't think it'll happen. Styles/Daniels in the Six Sides of Steel (ESPECIALLY if they hype Daniels experience in TNA cage matches) would be a show stealer. They billed Hardy/Abyss as the "Final Assault" last night, but since when do wrestling stips stick? They could be the other cage match.

As for the rest of the card, here's what I see, or at least would like to:

Six Sides of Steel X Title Match: Daniels vs. Styles

Six Sides of Steel Cage Match: Abyss vs. Jeff Hardy

Jeff Jarrett and Monty Brown vs. Sean Waltman and DDP

BG James and Outlaw vs. Konnan and The Truth

Shocker vs. Petey Williams

Chris Sabin vs. Chris Candido

Dustin Rhodes and AMW vs. Team Canada

I honestly don't know where Raven'll get put, unless the Abyss/Hardy program is broken up, in which case I see him working with Hardy.

I think Shocker works best in tag team matches with 2/3 rules at least this way he can use all of the insane luchadore bumps that he does at CMLL. So I would suggest Shocker & mystery partner vs Team Canada of Petey & Johnny Devine. If they don't use some double team moves then the match would be disappointing IMO.

I think Shocker works best in tag team matches with 2/3 rules at least this way he can use all of the insane luchadore bumps that he does at CMLL.  So I would suggest Shocker & mystery partner vs Team Canada of Petey & Johnny Devine.  If they don't use some double team moves then the match would be disappointing IMO.

Devine is gone for 6 months to a year..

Anyways.. I'll break down the other mentioned card and leave some suggestions

Six Sides of Steel X Title Match: Daniels vs. Styles

Good, but I think the X-Title shouldnt be on the line.. you'll see why when I post my card below.

Keep this match, Rubber match with my stipulation on my card.

Jeff Jarrett and Monty Brown vs. Sean Waltman and DDP

Most likely will happen.. Although I could see Nash replacing Waltman.

Sounds good enough.. I guess..

Shocker vs. Petey Williams

Would be good, but ill change it anyways just to make conversation

Chris Sabin vs. Chris Candido

Same as Above

Dustin Rhodes and AMW vs. Team Canada

Blah, Dustin Rhodes sucks.. but I gotcha I guess. I'll change it as well..

My Card

Winner of Match #1 and Match #2 wrestle later to determine a #1 Contender

Six Sides of Steel Cage Match: Daniels vs. Styles (keeps the title on Daniels and lets Styles move up)

*Abyss v. AJ Styles

Jeff Jarrett and Monty Brown vs. Kevin Nash and DDP

Shocker & Chris Sabin vs. Petey Williams & Alister Rose

Tag Team Titles

AMW vs. Team Canada

The Naturals and Candido v. Michael, Skipper, and Siaki.

Some kind of dumb match

Raven v. Dustin Rhodes

Although that begs the queston as to what happens with Trytan, Waltman, Kash, and a few others.... but what can ya do...

And how about a good ol war games match in tna?

Say...

Nash/Waltman/DDP/??? vs Jarrett/Outlaw/Monty/??? or something like that.Now that..would be cool.

Guest MikeSC
And how about a good ol war games match in tna?

Say...

Nash/Waltman/DDP/??? vs Jarrett/Outlaw/Monty/??? or something like that.Now that..would be cool.

Well, it'd bring back memories of WCW's last double-ring WarGames match.

Of course, the match sucked hard...

-=Mike

what about... SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY

Jeff Jarrett, Monty Brown, The Outlaw, & Christopher Daniels

vs.

AJ Styles, Diamond Dallas Page, Sean Waltman, & Kevin Nash

then do Hardy/Abyss in the other cage match.

Guest MikeSC
DDP, Nash, Waltman and Killings or Konnan vs. Jarrett, Outlaw, James and Brown could work out if they were wanting to do a War Games style bout.

Problem is:

They CAN'T do it.

WWE owns the rights.

-=Mike

They already did a "WAR GAMES" match a couple years back on a weekly PPV, it was one ring but they definitely billed it as WAR GAMES, and an indy promotion who's name escapes my mind did a WAR GAMES with Corino's "Extreme Horsemen" so it obviously can be done. Neither match used a double cage, and I don't even think a double six-sided ring/cage is possible, so there shouldn't be any problem there....

Brings up an interesting debate though, can a promotion truely own a gimmick match?

I wouldnt think a promotion could own a gimmick match, because theres always ways to swerve it.. a Hell in the Cell in TNA would be billed something like.. Six Sides Of Hell or something..

They already did a "WAR GAMES" match a couple years back on a weekly PPV, it was one ring but they definitely billed it as WAR GAMES, and an indy promotion who's name escapes my mind did a WAR GAMES with Corino's "Extreme Horsemen" so it obviously can be done. Neither match used a double cage, and I don't even think a double six-sided ring/cage is possible, so there shouldn't be any problem there....

Brings up an interesting debate though, can a promotion truely own a gimmick match?

Actually the MLW War Games was a double ring cage War Games. It was Corino, Credible, CW Anderson, Barry Windham and Simon Diamond vs. Terry Funk, Dr. Death, The Sandman, Sabu and Bill Alphonso.

Guest LooneyTune

The only thing the MLW WG match didn't have was a roof on the cages, but otherwise, it was fine.

DDP, Nash, Waltman and Killings or Konnan vs. Jarrett, Outlaw, James and Brown could work out if they were wanting to do a War Games style bout.

Problem is:

They CAN'T do it.

WWE owns the rights.

-=Mike

Well, they can't CALL it "War Games", but they can still do the match. The WWE hardly owns the copyright to the particular style of match.

BTW, for those who've seen it, how was the MLW war games match, quality wise? I think ROH sells that tape and I've been debating buying it.

Guest LooneyTune

It wasn't a great match or anything, but it was a good brawl with some cool spots, and better than pretty much all of the WCW WarGames matches from 1993-1998.