TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ace309

SWF Smarkdown for Monday, March 21, 2005!

The Smartmarks Wrestling Federation presents...

SWF SMARKDOWN, Monday, March 21, 2005, LIVE FROM THE ROSE GARDEN IN PORTLAND, OREGON!

(8:00 PM EST; 5:00 PM PST. Check local listings.)

The SWF continues its trip up the west coast as Tom Flesher lays the SMARKDOWN on Portland, Oregon! We’re talking pure wrestling. We’re talking cruiserweights. We’re talking MAK F’N FRANCIS!

How can you not love Mak Francis?

Send everything (booking requests, promos, etc.) to Chuck Woolery.

OPENING PROMO: “The Critic” Scott Pretzler

MAIN EVENT – WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP #1 CONTENDER

“Hollywood” Spike Jenkins vs. “The Franchise” Mak Francis

~ Mak asked for it, and considering the caliber of the people – Mak Francis, one of the SWF’s premier competitors, and Spike Jenkins, who’s been on a roll since winning the Cruiserweight Championship and shaking Revolution Zero off - how could Tom say no?

RULES: Standard.

Word Limit: 5500

Send To: Chuck Woolery

CRUISERWEIGHT MATCH

Wildchild vs. Insane Luchador

SPECIAL GUEST COMMENTATOR: “The Critic” Scott Pretzler

~ Wildchild has been waiting patiently for his shot at the Cruiserweight Title, but rumor has it that an undisclosed injury to Pretzler is keeping him from wrestling tonight. He’ll be back next week, though, and in the meantime he’ll be doing what he does best – nitpicking the guys in the ring while he sits safely at the commentary table, while the Hardcore Champion gets a chance to school Wildchild and prove that he deserves to be next in line for a shot at the Cruiserweight Championship!

RULES: Standard singles, with cruiserweight addenda – on the outside, you’ll have a 20-count to re-enter the ring, and throwing your opponent over the top rope is disqualifiable. Pretzler may write a match if he wishes.

Word Limit: 4500

Send To: Ace309

SWF BELT TOURNAMENT FIRST-ROUND MATCH

Todd Cortez vs. “The Dean of Professional Wrestling” Jay Hawke

~ Cortez is Phi Beta Kappa from the School of Hard Knocks! Hawke? Just Phi Beta Kappa. These two square off for the right to face Austin Sly, who received a bye in the first round as the current USJL Champion.

RULES: Standard.

Word Limit: 4500. It’s a first-rounder.

Send To: Justice

SWF BELT TOURNAMENT FIRST-ROUND MATCH

Johnny Dangerous vs. Manson

SPECIAL GUEST COMMENTATOR: Landon "La Cucaracha" Maddix

~ Manson earned his spot in this tournament through hard work and dedication to the fed. (What’s that? Yeah, he’s a company man. So what?) Johnny Dangerous earned it by being consistently successful – he IS a former World Champion and part of the reigning, dominant and generally fun-to-watch Wild & Dangerous. The winner gets the right to face ICTV Champion Landon Maddix, who requested a bye, was denied it, and then was given it but has to show up because Tom Flesher enjoys jerking him around.

RULES: Standard. And, of course, Maddix may write if he wishes.

Send To: chirs3

PURE WRESTLING MATCH (NON-TITLE)

Arch Griffon vs. Austin Sly ©

~ Austin Sly has been on a roll since winning the USJL Title. Landon Maddix is forfeiting the opportunity to stay in condition by wrestling a match due to his neck injury, but Austin Sly gets the chance to work out against the newest SWF wrestler, Arch Griffon! Griffon has an amateur wrestling background, whereas Sly has severe roid rage – although he won’t admit it. Will the strict disqualification rules hamper Sly’s strategy?

RULES: Standard singles with addenda. Each wrestler gets three rope breaks. A wrestler loses a rope break when he uses the ropes to break a submission hold or when he throws a punch. If a wrestler has no rope breaks left and he is in a submission hold, grabbing the ropes has no effect. If a wrestler has no rope breaks left and he throws a punch, he is disqualified.

Send To: Dace59

OPENING MATCHUP

“The Tigris Express” Muhammed Koran vs. Martin “Big Country” Hunt

~ Former Hardcore Champion Martin “Big Country” Hunt is making an appearance, on a one-night-only basis, for the SWF! Why? We found him face-down in the dirt in front of the local chapter’s house, and he’s grateful for the black coffee we gave him. Muhammed Koran suffered a defeat against Arch Griffon on Lockdown, but he’s up against possibly THE most American guy ever – a country-born-and-bred fratboy!

RULES: Straight singles. This being Smarkdown, the refs will be on the lookout for the brass knuckles and Big Country’s booze-bottle attack… but frankly, if the refs were any good, they’d catch that stuff to begin with.

Word Limit: 3000

Send To: Ace309

Edited by Ace309

The way I see it...if Johnny beats Manson (possible) and then, beats me (unlikely), he'd be the ICTV Champion. And then, whoever wins the final becomes the first SWF Champion or whatever it's called. Which would have it's own lineage.

And that way, we keep the lineages for the USJL and ICTV Titles for if and/or when the belts get split up again.

Anyway...is there any chance of putting me on commentary duty for Johnny vs. Manson? If that's alright with them of course. I do fancy writing something see.

Me too. If you want to do a Jet vs Megan match Landon, I'd be up for that.

Hey, in a Pure Wrestling Match, does the win have to be by submission?

From my understanding you can still win by pinfall/countout/whatever, so it's not submisions only.

Anyway...is there any chance of putting me on commentary duty for Johnny vs. Manson? If that's alright with them of course. I do fancy writing something see.

Sure, sounds good.

And Stryke is also correct, the win can come by any standard means.

I guess my plot for the ME stuff must have got the veto again? :(

Also, Landon, if there is some kind of advancement to a storyline you want to get across let me know please. Thanks.

Nice to see that my PM arrived on time. The promo should be good, and I *might* even manage to chuck a match together for IL vs. Wildchild. But probably not.

The way I see it...if Johnny beats Manson (possible) and then, beats me (unlikely), he'd be the ICTV Champion. And then, whoever wins the final becomes the first SWF Champion or whatever it's called. Which would have it's own lineage.

And that way, we keep the lineages for the USJL and ICTV Titles for if and/or when the belts get split up again.

Keep fooling yourself, Landon.

Oh come on Johnny. I mean, Landon beat ME, and it's not like YOU'VE ever beaten...

Ok, wait, hold the sauce on that.

Oh come on Johnny. I mean, Landon beat ME, and it's not like YOU'VE ever beaten...

Ok, wait, hold the sauce on that.

Don't worry. Toxxic. We'll have us a good ol' rumble in the jungle to settle the score for once and all soon. Even if you already are one up on me. :(

I guess my plot for the ME stuff must have got the veto again? :(

Also, Landon, if there is some kind of advancement to a storyline you want to get across let me know please. Thanks.

You know what would help?

IF YOU'D TOLD ME ABOUT IT.

For the record, I'm easy.

Erm, let me rephrase that. As long as I haven't requested the show off, I'm happy to defend the World Title whenever. Even if that means *GASP* more than one defence between PPVs. So if anyone's scheme involves various challengers, that's all good.

As long as they're not strap matches. If they're strap matches I nuke you all.

How about a wallet chain match Toxxic, eh? Eh? No? Fine, whatever.

Nice card and good luck to all (especially to those in the tourney).

O' course, I don't mind losing.

You should be used to it by now.

HI-YO~!

EDIT: Toxx, if only you realised how close I came to making FTF a Strap Match.

Edited by King Cucaracha

...HI-YO, Johnny?

Don't make me bust out the acoustic guitar and the smores for an enchanting round of "God Saves Everybody."

Edit: Don't bash one another, I'll be your lightning rod of hate!