Total: 206

PlayStation Portable

Games: 156

Non-Games: 1

TBA Games: 15

1st Party:31

3rd Party: 139

Total:171

OMG DS>PSP for more third party support!

Yeah what he said

Guest Salacious Crumb

PSP has quite possibly the worst lineup I've ever seen. The only good games for it are ports of PSX and PS2 games.

Guest MikeSC

The DS line-up is nothing to write home about.

But I don't like handhelds enough to care.

-=Mike

I'm glad I bought a DS the other day. I own Mario 64 DS, Wario Ware Touched, Feel the Magic, and Yoshi's T&G, and I've been playing the hell out of all of them, especially the mini-games in Mario. I thought my handheld days were all but over until I broke down and bought the DS.

I'm yet to be totally sold on the DS, but there are some promising titles on it that I'd want to play. I have to say that the PSP has a good line up, with strong franchises and promising original games.

Oh, and for the hell of it, here's the games on both systems (may not be the exact games, but I'd guess they'd be very similar)

-Batman Begins (Electronic Arts) - probably licensed crap

-Bomberman (UbiSoft)

-Bust-A-Move series (Taito)

-Dragon Ball Z (Bandai) - licensed crap

-Dynasty Warriors (Koei)

-Harvest Moon (Marvelous Interactive)

-Madden NFL 2006 (Electronic Arts)

-Mahjong Taikai (Koei) - would never come to the US

-Naruto (TOMY/Bandai) - actually a good series of games, but they might be different from each other since the PS2/GC ones are, and with the anime coming here it actually has a shot of getting here.

-One Piece (Bandai) - meh

-Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (UbiSoft) - Maybe they'll bug-test it?

-Puyo Pop Fever (Sega)

-Ridge Racer (Namco)

-Space Invaders Pocket (Taito)

-Spider-Man 2 (Activision) - meh

-SpongeBob SquarePants (THQ) - meh

-Viewtiful Joe

Ironic that the DS is getting Spyro and Crash Bandicoot. Sure, they're not good games anymore, but kids still want the games.

Taiko: Drum Master on the PSP blows my mind. Using the regular buttons?! I'd think it would be a *natural* for a DS version.

There's more games I actually want to play on the DS at the moment, but plenty of these titles are originals or other games I've heard nothing about.

The videos for Pac-Pix, Kirby Touched (or whatever it's called), Jam With the Band, Electroplankton, Metoes, and Nintendogs are what convinced me to buy the DS. I can't wait for all three of those games.

I didn't expect the four that I already bought to be as good as they are. I was very surprised, and very pleased.

I love weird and unusual games, especially for handheld systems.

That said, I really can't wait for a wrestling game for the DS, especailly a possible Japanese import. A VPW on the go would be unreal.

I assume you mean "DS" and not "N64" (cuz Sony fanboy diss here).

Well, Naruto is supposed to be a good fighting game that's similar to a wrestling game.

I noticed this...

-Professional Wrestling (Yukes)

for PSP. Likely that will get converted to a Smackdown game, and we'll probably get a DS WWE game to match it.

I'm kind of interested about how they do cross-platform games. Will PSP ones be enhanced DS games, or will DS versions be stripped-down versions of the PSP versions?

I assume you mean "DS" and not "N64" (cuz Sony fanboy diss here).

Yeah, I was thinking in my mind "a wrestling game for the DS like what we had on the N64" and it came out wrong, heh.

But wow, a portable VPW or something like that...

I'll end up with a PSP down the road, maybe, but for now the DS will do just fine for me. I am very interested in what games will eventually look like for the PSP.

In the latest issue of NP, they say that Katamari Damacy DS is on the way!

Also coming soon to the DS is 007: Rogue Agent and Age Of Empires II: Age of Kings. Here are screens from those last two games, but it's pretty low quality:

rogueagent.gif

Rogue Agent is horrible on console and will probably be horrible on a handheld.

Both lineups are just awful. It's embarassing, really.

I'd like to think that with the DS touch screen it could mark a revival of graphic adventure games like Maniac Mansion or King's Quest. It doesn't look like that's going to happen, but I think it would be cool.

I'd like to think that with the DS touch screen it could mark a revival of graphic adventure games like Maniac Mansion or King's Quest. It doesn't look like that's going to happen, but I think it would be cool.

I'd be so on a Maniac Mansion if a re-make was done. That game was so awesome back in the day.

Guest Deadbolt
PSP has quite possibly the worst lineup I've ever seen. The only good games for it are ports of PSX and PS2 games.

The only ports on the PSP are EA sports titles and Ape Escape. The rest of the line-up are game made exclusively for the PSP system. Games like Metal Gear Ac!d, Ridge Racers, Wipeout Pure, Untold Legends, Lumines, and Twisted Metal: Head On. Are you telling me these games are ports of PSX and PS2 games?

The DS isn't port free. Mario DS=Mario 64 Port and Ridge Racer DS=Ridge Racer 64 port.

Having the best fighting game franchise would certainly help.

Dude, totally. We handheld gamers haven't gotten a Mortal Kombat game in forever.

I can't believe Mortal Kombat appeared before Soul Calibur in a "best fighting game franchise" discussion. What kind of half-assed Mickey Mouse game board is this?

DS, I will buy when games I want to play are SITTING ON SHELVES. Mario Kart, I'm looking at you. I refuse to buy a console and then let it sit there and collect dust while I wait for the good software to come out. That's just a recipe for another failure ala Sega Saturn.

PSP, I'm not happy about the price, and paying more money than other regions because of the weak dollar and Dubya's growing deficit. I may buy it early or I may not, it kind of depends on what kind of a beating my wallet is taking for the near future.