TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest HeyMcFly

Blockbuster PS2 Rental

Guest HeyMcFly

Hey there,

I recently got a gift certificate from Blockbuster Video, and since I have Spring Break off from school this week, I figured it would be a good time to rent a game. I can't decide though between the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game or Tekken 5...which one is better and more fun? Or, is there another game that is better to rent?

Thanks very much in advance.

~ Bob

Guest JebusNassedar

I've never played Tekken 5, but you do NOT want Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I've been stupid enough to play both console versions, and they're both positively awful. Please dont play those.

Personally, I'd recommend Alien Hominid, but I'm a fanboy.

Guest DVD Spree

Agreed - Turtles SEEMS like such a good idea, and looks it it'll be a shitload of mindless arcade fun... but it's total dross. I recently had the misfortune of having to play through the four-player on both the GameCube and Xbox versions for review, and literally, NOBODY would stay with us for more than five minutes at a time. Just a horrible, horrble game. And the original TMNT arcade game is unlockable, and even that hasn't aged well either - just download a SNES emulator and the Turtles In Time ROM.

I'll second Alien Hominid, too, although you'll need to be shit hot at games to play it, it's tremendous fun - the UK version is Live-enabled on the Xbox, too.

He said the first Turtles game. The second one was the game with 4 player support and the unlockable arcade game. The first TMNT for Xbox/GC/PS2 was pretty good, though repetitive at times.

AVOID THE 2nd GAME LIKE THE PLAGUE.

AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS.

DO NOT EVEN LOOK AT THE BOX.

DONT GET SUCKERED IN LIKE I DID AT THE CHANCE TO PLAY THE ARCADE GAME...YOU WONT BE ABLE TO STAND THE GAME LONG ENOUGH TO ACTUALLY UNLOCK IT.

Guest JebusNassedar
...the UK version is Live-enabled on the Xbox, too.

Such envy. What does the UK version offer over live? Coop? Online PDA games?

Anyways, I know he said the first. The first was really, really bad too. I've played both (1 to completion, 2 to sleep. No, literally. I fell asleep on the floor midgame. And woke up four hours later to find myself not dead, actually.) and they were both as fun as stubbing your toe when you have ingrown toenails.