TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Woolery

SWF Storm Card, 3-25-05!

The Smartmarks Wrestling Federation presents...

SWF STORM, MARCH 25, 2005, LIVE FROM THE SPACE NEEDLE IN SEATTLE, WASHINGTON!

(8:00 PM EST, 5:00 PM PST; check local listings)

Send everything to chirs3

Okay kids, I hate to be a braggart or anything, but our buddies at X-Net are sponsoring a promo competition called X-Net Icon. Again, not trying to brag or anything, but there's no way in hell that our guys couldn't mop up this competition. I intend to enter as my OAOAST character, and I encourage all of you to enter in some form, because having 14 SWF guys in the top 14 would speak volumes about our quality, wouldn't it?

Now then -- the SWF is not afraid of heights, and they're proving it with the most daring episode of SWF Storm yet -- live from inside the Space Needle in Seattle, Washington! Thousands of feet off the ground, inside the observation deck of the Space Needle, the SWF intends to tear the house down!

Opening Promo: "Hollywood" Spike Jenkins, #1 Contender to the SWF World Heavyweight Championship

MAIN EVENT

NON-TITLE MATCH

Toxxic (SWF World Heavyweight Champion) v. Wildchild

-> Wildchild continues to impress those in the SWF, pulling off yet another high-profile victory in a Cruiserweight Rules match against Insane Luchadore on Smarkdown. We all know that Wildchild's heart has never been set on winning the SWF Heavyweight Championship, but with Scott Pretzler temporarily out of action and partner Johnny Dangerous pursuing the merged ICTV/USJL Championship, what's a jaunt with the current World champ gonna hurt? Moreover, despite Spike Jenkins' victory in the #1 Contendership match on Smarkdown, what could a Wildchild victory potentially lead to?

Rules: This is Storm, fools. No rules.

Word Limit: 6000

Marker: chirs3

SWF BELT TOURNAMENT SEMIFINALS

SWF INTERCONTINENTAL-TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Landon "La Cucaracha" Maddix (SWF Intercontinental-Television Champion) v. Johnny Dangerous

-> Dangerous/Maddix IV? Well, the masses weren't necessarily clamoring for it, but with Dangerous' victory over Manson on Smarkdown, it's what they're going to get. Maddix is going crazier by the second, Dangerous is winning matches left and right, and to be perfectly honest I don't know what the fuck's going to happen next, so let's throw these two guys in the ring and hope it's something good.

Rules: None.

Word Limit: 5000

Marker: Ace309

SWF BELT TOURNAMENT SEMIFINALS

SWF UNITED STATES-JUNIOR LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP

Austin Sly (SWF United States-Junior League Champion) v. Jay Hawke

-> Sly suffered a loss to relative newcomer Arch Griffon on Smarkdown, whereas either Todd Cortez or Jay Hawke advanced to face him in the semifinals of the SWF Belt Tournament. God knows that Sly has a lot to prove as the USJL championship, but this match will be his last chance to prove it.

Word Limit: 5000

Marker: Chuck Woolery

HOUSE RULES MATCH

SPACE BASE BRAWL

SWF HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP

Insane Luchadore (SWF Hardcore Champion) v. Arch Griffon

-> IL and Griffon both asked for this match, and who am I to turn them down? Griffon v. IL for the Hardcore championship, with an INTERESTING~ twist.

Rules: The Space Base is the gift shop at the Space Needle. It will be packed with tourists and there will likely be many sharp replicas of the Space Needles. Griffon and IL will fight in this paradise until one of them is pinned, submits, or gets knocked out.

Word Limit: 4000

Marker: Dace59

OPENING MATCH

Manson v. "The Tigris Express" Mohammed Koran

-> Koran tied the battle but lost the war against Martin Hunt. Let's see if he can pick up a second win against the always-tough Manson, who's looking to get back in the picture somehow!

Word Limit: 3818

Marker: Justice

Also Scheduled To Appear: Toxxic didn't get his wish to face Spike Jenkins on Storm -- in fact, Jenkins isn't even booked, but you know he'll have something to say about becoming the new #1 Contender! The man Jenkins vanquished, Mak Francis, will also be there, and you know he'll have something to say about how Smarkdown went down! Also, Cruiserweight champion Scott Pretzler is still on his wrestling hiatus, but he's bound to make an appearance somewhere. Carnage? Tom Flesher? They might make appearances... on STORM!

Edited by Chuck Woolery

Well, i wouldn't mind trying the X-Net Idol, but do I absolutely HAVE to do:

Johnny: Blah, blah, blah!

Johnny turns and looks at the camera.

Johnny: More gay dialoge that looks like the script to a comic book than any kind of story.

If I have to do that, I'll have to pass. I just can't get any flow that way. Not that i flow the other way, either, so I'll save someone from making the obvious joke. ;)

I'll be back in action for the next show - I probably would have given the OK for this one had it not slipped my mind. But I do have part of a thesis due on Thursday, so it's all good.

Johnny: Not that I want to turn this thread into the OAO XNet Icon thread (and if anyone has other questions, it might be best to start one in CommGen), but I'm of the opinion that only cretins write scriptstyle. ;) (Note: Does not apply to any cretins posting here. Your cretinous writing will be evaluated as though it is not, in fact, cretinous.)

There are a few directions you could take with the character. If you'd like to discuss them with me, please feel free to IM or PM me and we can chat on it.

That goes for anyone else, by the way, and I'd be happy to proof RPs for anyone who's planning to enter. I'd really like to see you guys take this.

You know there must be a death via being thrown off the Space Needle.

Come on, somebody take one for the teams.

But awesome card and good luck to all.

Edit: Or somebody pissing off it, that'll be a perfectly acceptable replacement.

I'll be back in action for the next show - I probably would have given the OK for this one had it not slipped my mind. But I do have part of a thesis due on Thursday, so it's all good.

And here I thought you were just selling the WR... :(

For the record...

I haven't done the whole RP deal for a good few years, so I'm pretty rusty. But back in the day, I was pretty decent. So I'll probably enter that X-Net thing...if only because Toxxic will be entering, because he has to win everything.

*could beat Toxxic in an RP competition*

...so.

Is this a good-natured mocking of my tendency to win matches and the fact that my character is obsessed with winning, or a not-so-subtle accusation that I ruin your fun by writing to win the majority of the time? I can't see your face or hear your tone of voice so I can't judge, and I don't want to respond before I know.

...so.

Is this a good-natured mocking of my tendency to win matches and the fact that my character is obsessed with winning, or a not-so-subtle accusation that I ruin your fun by writing to win the majority of the time? I can't see your face or hear your tone of voice so I can't judge, and I don't want to respond before I know.

A little from column A and a little from column B.

:P

But mainly A.

And here I thought you were just selling the WR... :(

*Reads Smarkdown, sees that Wildchild obliterates Pretzler with both a springboard Tornado DDT and the Wild Ride.*

Oh, that too. But I think writing a thesis hurts more. ;)

...so.

But mainly A.

In which case, I look forward to seeing you in the finals of Xnet Icon, where you can pick the situation for the final roleplay, no-show, and I will job you to a haiku.

...sunshine. :P

...so.

But mainly A.

In which case, I look forward to seeing you in the finals of Xnet Icon, where you can pick the situation for the final roleplay, no-show, and I will job you to a haiku.

...sunshine. :P

I look forward to it.

I think.

Nothing from me again. Apologies, but I'm having to wait until after Easter to get the laptop sorted. And I've had hardly any prolonged time on the computer itself...so, 138 days and out I guess.

Wow, that sucks. Unless Johnny writes to lose...

So yeah, that sucks.

Writes what to loose? I have a match?

*Reads Card*

Ah, crap cakes!