TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
WrestlingDeacon

Help identify movie for my column

Any help as always is appreciated. I don't really have an idea on this one and couldn't find anything through my usual searching.

First of all, an obscure movie from my childhood/early adolescence. I believe this was on the Wonderful World of Disney in the late 80s early 90s, where this man becomes a camp counselor for this troubled youth whose only love is cross-country running, the typical blond-hair angst-filled pre-teen. The movie culminates with a race between the boy and a boy from a rival summer camp. What sticks out in my head is that the troubled boy was mediocre at running on the road, but as soon as they entered the woods he was this phenomenal runner among trees and through dirt and stuff. Emilio Estevez could have played the camp counselor, but then my brain was also convinced that Emilio Estevez played the teacher in Summer School, so I can't say for sure.

Well, Meatballs was at a camp and the finale was a race against a rival camp, but I haven't seen that in years and years so I'm not sure of the details.

I figured Emilio Estevez and Wonderful World of Disney were red herrings. I don't think asking the guy who else was in the movie would be any help. Bill Murray did the first Meatballs and Michael J. Fox was in Poison Ivy. Thanks for trying guys, I appreciate the help.