Sign in to follow this  
Guest Spaceman Spiff

Kobe Bryant @ The All-Star Game

10 members have voted

1. 1. Kobe Bryant @ The All-Star Game

• I feel bad for the lil' guy
    • HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Living in the Philly area, the consensus is it was no big deal.  But apparently around the country it seems like we came out looking like jackasses, which I don't quite understand.  What's the big deal?

Yeah, he came from the area, but he lives in LA now & hardly, if ever, comes back to the area.  Add that to the fact that his team just beat the hometown 76ers in the finals (during which Kobe said he was going to "rip their hearts out"), and him being a gunner during the All-Star game.

Then he looked like he was about to cry when he was asked about the booing.  That made it even better.

So, what's everybody think?

Guest Choken One

There was no reason to boo the guy, Now, I am not a fan of Kobe Bryant but A talented and future star like him should not like be jeered by a bunch of Yokels in Phlly, who can only DREAM of having his skills and charisma.

Kobe never did anything bad to Philly, Philly can only blame themselfs for losing the Championship as they choked in Games 2-5. It's all Philly's fault and Kobe played it good but you're just a city of also-rans. What's the last great claim to fame for Philly? Will Smith? How many times has Philly Choked in the big game in Basketball, Football and Baseball? Boo Yourself, Philly.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

I'll admit the sports teams rarely win the big games (or even get there, for that matter), but to say talented future stars can't be boo'd is ridiculous.  So I guess we can only boo the scrub's on the bench?

I'd love to have Kobe on the 76ers, but to use the "hometown boy" excuse like a lot of people do is lame, seeing as he never comes back to the area.

Guest Choken One

Well,Christ...He plays in L.A from September to June and has A month to relax with his Hot wife...When the FUCK is he gonna have time to go home again?

What was the REASON the Philly Yokels ha to boo him? Because He beat Philly clean? Because The Answer could not hack it, Kobe should be booed? Why should people cheer for a Dump like Philly anyways? Home of the fattest, Sickest, arrogant, smug idiots who NEVER EVER amount to anything? They boo their own guy when he was just one drive short of taking your shit Football to the promised land. You booed Santa Clause. You even had the audacity to cheer for Irvan's injury...That was just low. No wonder Philly never will get anything because you're too thickheaded to pay attention.

Guest alkeiper

Kobe's booed because he's on the Lakers, and they hate the Lakers.  They booed Santa Claus because they don't come to sporting events to see Santy Claus, they come to see SPORTS!

As for Kobe, Philly's not gonna cheer him cause he's a "hometown boy".  If you cheer Kobe cause he's a local, then lets throw out the welcome mat for John Walker Lindh, cause he was born in America!!

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Well, I'm not an Eagles fan, I'm a Dolphins fan.  I'd take Donovan over Jay Fiedler anyday.  And anyone who cheered Irvin's injury is an idiot.

And any team that beats "my" teams get put on the Hate List.  That's the way it works in all sports in all towns, not just Philly.

Guest TUS_02

Kobe's a professional, he should be able to handle people booing him... I mean, HE MAKES TWO BAJILLION DOLLARS TO DRIBBLE A FUCKING BASKETBALL!!!!

Guest El Hijo Del Lunatic

Oh, this would be the PERFECT place to inject my Philly bias ... but it's starting to get too easy.

The only person who I've ever seen get cheered for being a "hometown boy" was Eddie Jones when HE was on the Lake Show.  Also, the Sixers didn't have much to cheer for then, as this was the "Shawn Bradley is our future" years in Philly.

Guest jimmy no nose

There was no reason to boo him.  I'd understand it in the finals, or even in the regular season, but it was the All Star Game.  The guys were all there to have fun and put on a good show for the fans.  I don't understand booing him just because he's on the Lakers either.  I know that they beat them in the NBA finals last year and kept them from winning the championship, but there are about 10 teams in the East that are doing better than them and could keep them from getting anywhere near the finals.  Why not boo all of the players from those teams too?  I bet if Shaq had played he wouldn't have been booed nearly as much as Kobe.  They shouldn't have cheered him just because he's from Philly, but they should have cheered him for the same reason they cheer anyone else in the All Star Game, because they've played well enough to make it there.

Guest mw679

I think the Philly fans just wanted to vent, and who better for them to vent on than Kobe? Hey, here in MA, we boo Derek Jeter(or any Yankee) all the time. We booed him at the All Star game in 99(especially when he tried to mimic Nomar at the plate...bastard!) we boo him in the playoffs...hell, we boo him when the Yanks aren't even in town! Yankee Suck chants break out wherever you go, I think everybody needs to just take it in stride. Like Kobe, or the Lakers for that matter, have never gotten booed before? Yeah right...Hey, the fans want to boo, they boo...they want to cheer they'll cheer. They paid the money, I'm sure they would've liked AI to win the MVP, but Kobe got the trophy(he had a hell of a game too) and the fans booed, whoopee doo...happens all the time in sports. Just my 2 cents. BTW, we've also booed our home team Celtics off the court as well, especially Antoine Walker, he's been booed out of the building on a few occasions!

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

I was laughing when I heard he was crying about getting booed. It just reinforces my opinion of Kobe being nothing more than a whiny lil bitch.

Guest arejay

In Philly fan's defense,  most people claim that Santa was booed becase he was either drunk or acting like it.  And I really think that Kobe should just shrug it off.  Like Tus said,  the guy is a professional, smart, mature beyond his years, and maybe most important, a man.  So what if a couple of fans boo you, charge it to the game and move on.

Hell, he's gonna get another ring this season anyway, so who cares?

Guest MikeSharp12

"I am not a fan of Kobe Bryant but A talented and future star like him should not like be jeered by a bunch of Yokels in Phlly, who can only DREAM of having his skills and charisma."

A talented and future star?  He already is a star, ass.  Also, we can only dream of having skills and charisma?  Skills: some of us, charisma: uh, we're some of the most charismatic fans in the country.  Do you even know what charisma means?

" Kobe never did anything bad to Philly, Philly can only blame themselfs for losing the Championship as they choked in Games 2-5. It's all Philly's fault and Kobe played it good but you're just a city of also-rans."

Yes, us, as fans, can only blame "ourselfs" for losing the championship.  It is my fault that the Sixers lost four straight.  But then again, how many games did the Lakers lose in last years playoffs?  And how many times did the Sixers beat them?  Sure, we didn't win the series.  But at least we hung in there, unlike every other team in the Western Conference.

And what the fuck is a city of also-rans?  If you're going to post 400 times a day, can you please begin to make it a little, ya know. . . coherent, please?

"What's the last great claim to fame for Philly? Will Smith? How many times has Philly Choked in the big game in Basketball, Football and Baseball? Boo Yourself, Philly."

Okay, what the hell are you talking about?  This is about Kobe Bryant, not your vendetta against Philadelphia.  And- logically- if our teams choke in each sport, wouldn't that give us more of a reason to boo?

Christ, trying to figure out your posts is like trying to decode something. . . that doesn't follow a pattern.  I'm left scratching my head.

Stick to your little Nascar, buddy.

Guest SplendidStorm

To each his own i guess and to each fans their own as well...they have every right to react to Kobe any way they see fit especially if it was for the lakers beating the sixers in the finals, its professional sports, that comes with the territory.

As far as him being booed for being a "sellout" that much I really dont understand. He played high school ball in Philly and he's a sellout because he didn't stay and go to Temple for 4 years instead of going to the NBA making millions of dollars and becoming one of the best players in the world?

It would be different had he just gone for the money and didnt have any game but he is a legitimately excellent basketball player and he made the right descision.