TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slickster

Why am I banned from the WWE folder?

What the heck happened? I'm responding to a post from Hunter's Torn Quad and all of a sudden I can't get into the WWE folder. I've been at this board since 2001 and I've never had anything like this happen to me.

Anyway, here's my reply to HTQ's post:

"In the seven minutes that the ring lay still and silent, McMahon called his crew together, forced to make the most difficult decision of his career. What should he do? Cancel the show? Christ, he was afraid he'd have a riot. No, he told his staff, they'd keep filming while Owen got aid. If anyone couldn't go on, he'd understand."

-from Sex, Lies and Headlocks

Uncalled for.

The suspension, I mean. Not the comment. The remark wasn't personal -- just something dumb said in the heat of an argument. Doesn't warrant a banning from any folder.

I don't appreciate being portrayed as the bad guy here.

I've been visiting this board since around Vengeance 2001 and have deliberately maintained a position and tone in my posts reflecting my belief in orderly and civilized discourse. The lone post that has prompted this suspension is the first I have ever posted that deviated from this policy.

However, what you said to me, Hunter's Torn Quad, was the greatest insult I have received in a long, long time. Did I fly off the handle? Yes, but not without justification, in my opinion.

To portray me as someone who cared little for Owen Hart is the gravest insult and grossest untruth I have ever heard. I learned of Owen's death on the bus to school the next day; I skipped my classes and went into mourning for the day. May 24, 1999 is one of the darkest days of my (comparatively short) life.

To have a poster like you - someone I respect and regard as a human encyclopedia on this business - say something like that to me was tough to take.

However, what you said to me, Hunter's Torn Quad, was the greatest insult I have received in a long, long time. Did I fly off the handle? Yes, but not without justification, in my opinion.

If what I said to you was the greatest insult you've received in a "long long time", then I'll let you back in out of pity.

I've been visiting this board since around Vengeance 2001 and have deliberately maintained a position and tone in my posts reflecting my belief in orderly and civilized discourse. The lone post that has prompted this suspension is the first I have ever posted that deviated from this policy.

To portray me as someone who cared little for Owen Hart is the gravest insult and grossest untruth I have ever heard. I learned of Owen's death on the bus to school the next day; I skipped my classes and went into mourning for the day. May 24, 1999 is one of the darkest days of my (comparatively short) life.

To have a poster like you - someone I respect and regard as a human encyclopedia on this business - say something like that to me was tough to take.

Okay. It wasn't that bad....

Okay. It wasn't that bad....

Actually, the comment was uncalled for. If someone had said the same thing to me, I would have been equally offended.

Which comment? This?

He's probably still angry that a man had the gall to die and interrupt his escapist entertainment.

Hardly something to get truly offended over. Is it an obnoxious statement? Sure. But for Slickster to say that's one of the harshest, most offensive insults he's ever heard....he's either lived a quite sheltered life, or someone's being a tad melodramatic.

I didn't agree with the suspension, simply since I think most people here could benefit from getting thicker skins. Were the statements from both HTQ and Slickster insulting? Yeah, sure, they could be interpretated as that. But to take it any further than that is ridiculous.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

Then you're a loser.

That was to Ernie not NYU.

May 24, 1999 is one of the darkest days of my (comparatively short) life.

Me too. I was still pissed about how gay the new Star Wars movie was.

HAHAHAHAHA

I remember I had a friend who camped out outside the local theater for it. The next day, I asked how it was and he just gave me a dirty look.

Which comment? This?

He's probably still angry that a man had the gall to die and interrupt his escapist entertainment.

Hardly something to get truly offended over. Is it an obnoxious statement? Sure. But for Slickster to say that's one of the harshest, most offensive insults he's ever heard....he's either lived a quite sheltered life, or someone's being a tad melodramatic.

Well, I don't like to think I'm melodramatic, but then again I'm not thin-skinned either. I think it was more of who said it than anything else that made me angry and surprised.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

Loser.

Guest cosbywasmurdered
Which comment? This?

Well, I don't like to think I'm melodramatic, but then again I'm not thin-skinned either. I think it was more of who said it than anything else that made me angry and surprised.

You're melodramatic. I know, so am I.

Then you're a loser.

I love how whoever sides with someone who has been unfairly persecuted in these folders gets labeled as being some sort of loser by the wannabe-hip pretentious ass-clowns who post here. It happens time and time again. Slickster shouldn't have been banned in the first place.

Did anyone here actually know Owen? Or any Harts, for that matter?

This is one of the more pathetic catfights I've seen.

Guest cosbywasmurdered
Then you're a loser.

I love how whoever sides with someone who has been unfairly persecuted in these folders gets labeled as being some sort of loser by the wannabe-hip pretentious ass-clowns who post here. It happens time and time again. Slickster shouldn't have been banned in the first place.

That comment was uncalled for, I am offended.

I learned of Owen's death on the bus to school the next day; I skipped my classes and went into mourning for the day. May 24, 1999 is one of the darkest days of my (comparatively short) life.

I froze when I read what Slickster wrote...