What

Da Maintenance Man

Mole

Slimm44

Carnivalz Coming

Genius33

Tjhe Cynick

Yami Baruka

That's some good random picks. Especially "Conspiracy Victim" that made me chuckle

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

What the heck happened? I'm responding to a post from Jesus and all of a sudden I can't get into the WWE folder. I've been at this board since the begining of time and I've never had a life.

Anyway, here's my reply to Jesus' post:

"In the seven days that the world lay still and silent, God called his crew together, forced to make the most difficult decision of his career. What should he do? Cancel the Earth? He was afraid he'd have a riot. No, he told his staff, they'd keep creating while the Earth got aid. If anyone couldn't go on, he'd understand."

-from Sex, Lies and The Bible.

I should be banned because of an avatar?

Be quiet and go order 150 DVDs for 50 bucks

You forgot the part where he comes here and gives us his review of each one, either praising them as the most genius film of all time (even more than the last most genius film of all time he saw) or the worst piece of shit he's ever seen (even worse than the last worst piece of shit he'd ever seen).

Da Maintenance Man A Simple Request, Mar 31 2005, 10:50 PM   

Group: Suspended from WWE Folder

Hi. I've decided to contact you about my request as you're a super mod & all. I'm basically requesting that you ban me from these forums. I have no more desire to post here. I just got suspended from the WWE folder(the only forum I ever really posted in btw)over some petty bullshit. I suspect it had something to do with a thread I posted in recently about Batista & how the only reason why everybody here likes him is because he wears nice suits. It seems as if nobody had anything to refute this claim so instead I get suspended from the forum. In my personal opinion it's bullshit. I just don't feel comfortable posting in a forum that will suspend it's users over petty & trivial things such as this. What's next? Banning people who talk negative about Chris Benoit?? Anyway, contact an admin or whoever has banning powers & kill my account here. I realize there's no way to get back the year of my life wasted on these forums so I'm doing the next best thing.

Thank you.

:lol:

52 posts isn't really wasting a whole year. If you aren't posting much, it's hard to get that much longevity out of this place.

Either way, I think an announcement might have been in order before this was done.

Either way, I think an announcement might have been in order before this was done.

That would have ruined the surprise. In any event, this thread was popular enough that most of the people who populate the WWE Folder would have read about it anyway.

And why didn't he at least ask about it in this Forum ?

Czech is going to be furious that the guy who posted in the thread about Batista's suit is ready to leave.

This thread is a shining example of why I have such a passionate ambiguity towards the internet. Oh, how I lhoavtee you, World Wide Web!

Well.. That was all pretty weird. I think i was actually posting when I noticed I was suspended. Wouldn't have been a big loss if it was permanent, though.

Da Maintenance Man A Simple Request, Mar 31 2005, 10:50 PM    

Group: Suspended from WWE Folder

Hi. I've decided to contact you about my request as you're a super mod & all. I'm basically requesting that you ban me from these forums. I have no more desire to post here. I just got suspended from the WWE folder(the only forum I ever really posted in btw)over some petty bullshit. I suspect it had something to do with a thread I posted in recently about Batista & how the only reason why everybody here likes him is because he wears nice suits. It seems as if nobody had anything to refute this claim so instead I get suspended from the forum. In my personal opinion it's bullshit. I just don't feel comfortable posting in a forum that will suspend it's users over petty & trivial things such as this. What's next? Banning people who talk negative about Chris Benoit?? Anyway, contact an admin or whoever has banning powers & kill my account here. I realize there's no way to get back the year of my life wasted on these forums so I'm doing the next best thing.

Thank you.

Shit, I've made about 50 posts expressing my wonderment over Batista's popualrity and theorizing it was all based on his wardrobe. And I still haven't been permantley banned from the WWE folder.

::Waits for HTQ to ban him from WWE folder::

It is sort of funny that you banned a bunch of people for a few hours and maybe two posts were made in that folder during that time. I think that proves that the WWE Folder needs SG and without me bringing the Batista hate (well slight dislike)it would die a pitful death.

I think there are times when people choose to ignore reasons why we have so many users that don't post here.

- People don't want to go to pop-up infested websites for their casual wrestling news. They come here, take a glance at a few threads and leave. I did that for quite a while.

- While this is a discussion board, people don't want to have their opinions completely torn to shreds by the inconsiderate majority which currently infests this board. God forbid someone has an opposing view; they get bombarded with comments that are completely unnecessary and unwarranted.

- Not all people are interested in joining these rediculous internet cliques which exist on this board. Amazing how people here whine about things that Hogan, HHH, Nash, etc did over the years and yet the same things happen here. A person who is new to the board has one chance to be sarcastic, witty, funny, and get "over" with the establish or they are mocked to the point where they say "screw it, I don't need this" and leave.

- Lack of diversity. I cannot believe I am using that buzzword since I can't stand it being used on college campuses constantly, but it applies here. It should be no surprise that females want nothing to do with this site even though I know plenty who like wrestling and own a computer.

- Internet lingo. Not everyone, myself included, knows the latest phrase or saying that people use here. I have no clue what PWNED is. Everything that is awesome is apparently "gold". This stuff gets really old when it appears in what seems like every thread.

- Wrestling's popularity is not what it was. When it was trendy a few years ago, people could hide among the crowd.

These are only a few logical reasons why we have so many users who wander around without posting. I'm sure by posting this I'll be setting myself up for ridicule, overused cliches/insults. My main interest in posting this is that perhaps mods or anyone of authority will get the hint that control of this board is being lost. I'd like to see the board thrive, but I feel that we'll end up pandering to the lowest common denoninator while useful posters will be long gone.

- Internet lingo. Not everyone, myself included, knows the latest phrase or saying that people use here. I have no clue what PWNED is. Everything that is awesome is apparently "gold". This stuff gets really old when it appears in what seems like every thread.

I don't care about the rest, but this is true. Stop it.

Guest cosbywasmurdered
These are only a few logical reasons why we have so many users who wander around without posting. I'm sure by posting this I'll be setting myself up for ridicule, overused cliches/insults. My main interest in posting this is that perhaps mods or anyone of authority will get the hint that control of this board is being lost. I'd like to see the board thrive, but I feel that we'll end up pandering to the lowest common denoninator while useful posters will be long gone.

- While this is a discussion board, people don't want to have their opinions completely torn to shreds by the inconsiderate majority which currently infests this board. God forbid someone has an opposing view; they get bombarded with comments that are completely unnecessary and unwarranted.

Show me a message board that's the size of this one where that doesn't happen. I post at alot of different places and it happens there too, not always to the same extent but it still happens. And this board has ALWAYS been this way. I've been here from the beginning and it's always been this way. If you can't grow a thicker skin, then maybe you would be better off going somewhere else.

- Not all people are interested in joining these rediculous internet cliques which exist on this board. Amazing how people here whine about things that Hogan, HHH, Nash, etc did over the years and yet the same things happen here. A person who is new to the board has one chance to be sarcastic, witty, funny, and get "over" with the establish or they are mocked to the point where they say "screw it, I don't need this" and leave.

Show me these cliques. There are people here who are "friends" and share simaler attitudes but there are no cliques aside from perhaps the Mods, and that's hardly a clique. No one forces you to join them. You're able to ignore these people if you want to. There are plenty of posters here that are popular for being "sarcastic, witty, funny".

- Lack of diversity. I cannot believe I am using that buzzword since I can't stand it being used on college campuses constantly, but it applies here. It should be no surprise that females want nothing to do with this site even though I know plenty who like wrestling and own a computer.

This board has a large number of women posters compared to alot of wrestling messageboards. Just because they don't announce it doesn't mean they aren't here.

Ask someone. It's not hard. There's even a PM function you can use. If you search through past topics in HD there's the "OAO TSM History thread" where you can ask any question you want about TSM's history, or lingo and get it answered.

PWNED is net lingo for OWNED.

There's a large number of posters who don't post because you have to be registered to see the board now. Most of them wouldn't post no matter how good the board was. We had more posters registered that didn't post back when this board was more popular.