TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Placebo Effect

30 Man Battle Royal to take place at Wrestlemania

Hurricane also confirmed that there will be a 30 man battle royal at this years WrestleMania, 15 Men from Smackdown and 15 Men from Raw. No word, on what the prize will be for the winner of the battle royal.

From PWInsider.com

Guest BDC

Maybe a shot at the IC or US title, respective to brand? Maybe that could salvage it with a reason.

Has everyone forgotten what today is?

Aw, you ruined it. It would have taken at least four hours for most of the people here to figure it out.

Guest JebusNassedar
Has everyone forgotten what today is?

Reporting a fake battle royal for WrestleMania as an April Fool's joke is pretty damn lame if that's what it is.

Even so, it makes sense. WWE just doesnt announce a battle royal. Besides, isn't it a little suspect that this has popped up absolutely nowhere else?

Guest JebusNassedar
Jebus's sig is the best.

The luckiest screen capture of my life.

Wait, just because it's April 1 doesn't necessarily mean this is fake. It's a quote attributed to 'Hurricane'....is that Shane Helms or some writer called Hurricane?

"I also managed to get a exclusive interview the WWE Superhero The Hurricane. Look for that on a upcoming edition of GamingRing Radio. Hurricane also confirmed that there will be a 30 man battle royal at this years WrestleMania, 15 Men from Smackdown and 15 Men from Raw. No word, on what the prize will be for the winner of the battle royal will receive. "

GamingRing.com is a real site that has an online radio show.

PWinsider is claiming they won't be running any fake news today.

Guest JebusNassedar
They did a 30-Man BR at WMXIV.

Sure did. But it's not happening this year.

It's not on WrestleView.

It's not on Rajah.

It's not on 1Wrestling.

It's not on Wrestling Observer.

It's not on WrestleLine.

It's not even on shanehelms.com.

It's just on PWInsider.

Who knows? Maybe it's just a stupid news story that happened to come up on April 1st.

I think it's legit. The quote is part of a report on the THQ Superstar Challenge

Read for yourself.

The writer of the report: "We dont play April Fools Jokes here at Gamingring.com. Its a waste of time and it serves no purpose but to piss people off who come for the news. "

This would be more believable if it was a 20 man battle royal.

We've just gotten word that ten of the 30-man battle royal participants have decided to no-sell Wrestlemania, taking the field down to 20.

From PWInsider.com

This would be more believable if it was a 20 man battle royal.

We've just gotten word that ten of the 30-man battle royal participants have decided to no-sell Wrestlemania, taking the field down to 20.

From PWInsider.com

I betcha Nash no sold Wrestlemania.

Guest news_gimmick

Well, it'll be nice to see alot of guys on the show, but I'd rather take a couple title matches with some buildup rather than a half-assed battle royale. Ahh well.

I think it's a crime Sheldon isn't defending the IC title, that title deserves a match on it's own.

At some point during the show Vince should come out and get in the ring on the mic and say "Ok, all of those wrestlers who weren't good enough to actually get a match on WM, come on down.". That would be a fine way to announce the match.