TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bobobrazil1984

Battlestar Galactica

What the frak? Man, RDM has some serious balls to pull off a stunt like this. The show was brilliant already, and this just turned it up a notch!

Has a show ever done anything like this?

Anyone know if there are plans for a full season 2 DVD set? I'm gonna pick up 2.0 this week, since I haven't seen some of those episodes, but I don't want to double dip if I can avoid it.

To my knowledge, they're going ahead with just releasing the 2nd half-season by itself, although it may or may not feature the expanded version of "Pegasus."

I was going to make a similar comment about the balls on the writers.

Goddamn that was an incredible episode.

I loved it, I LOVED it! Just a great start to what looks to be a great season. The old routine of the cylons chasing the fleet was kind of getting tiresome so this new direction is quite refreshing. I`m hoping they`ll stick with it for a while and let things develop slowly. There`s lots of interesting possibilities ahead which is why I am stoked to see where things are going. BSG might very well be my favourite show on tv right now and I am beyond glad it`s back.

Sci-Fi channel sucks at making movies but man, they know how to find some damn good series. Cept reality series where the only one that didn't suck is GHOST HUNTERS.

As for the episode, I loved it. They did a very good job making me want to see next week's episode. With Doctor Who and BSG, Friday night continues to be ruled by Sci-Fi for me.

Now that i've composed some thoughts.

Col. Tigh was such a badass. even though some of his methods are iffy, the turn fits his character really well, he had that same sort of dismissive harsh mentality in the season 2 opening arc when he started f-ing up his command. Him as the one-eyed grizzled war veteran really works.

Jamie Bamber's fatsuit was hilarious, as was Adama calling him a "fat ass" :lol:

Iraq is pretty clearly a partial inspiration, but i've read that the French resistence against the Nazis is just as much an inspiration, right down to the "comfort women" that the preist cylon got.

The whole "collaborator" angle should be really interesting when (if?) the Cylons ever leave. I mean its not like some of them (Gaeta for instance) had much of a choice, though they could have died instead of collaborating.

Whats more important: Freedom or Survival.

That's going to be the big central theme for the season and I think it's going to be really well.

The whole "collaborator" angle should be really interesting when (if?) the Cylons ever leave. I mean its not like some of them (Gaeta for instance) had much of a choice, though they could have died instead of collaborating.

Gaeta should get a free pass because he's the one secretly supplying Tyrol with info.

I'm hoping that Zarek and Roslin survive the firing squad because

the human security officers turn on the Cylons

and not because

Roslin turns out to be A FRAKKIN' CYLON!!!!!!!

Season premier was off the chain. I really like the current direction of the show with the occupation and resistance, though I wasn't getting bored of the Cylons chasing the fleet.

So what's the deal with Starbuck's 'kid'? If it's suposedly from when she was back on Caprica then the age doesn't really jive does it? I'm guessing that she's just a normal human child and that Cylon is fucking with Starbuck's mind.

Also no mention of the real hybrid baby that Roslin and Adama hid in this episode.

The whole human/cylon hybrid plot thread is so wierd and mysterious, especially the part about invisible-6 talking about Boomer and Helo's child as her and Gaius'.

I think Starbuck's kid is a fake, since having a second human/Cylon defeats the whole purpose of the Helo/Boomer storyline.

Plus, Casey looks a lot old than she should be.

I think Starbuck's kid is a fake, since having a second human/Cylon defeats the whole purpose of the Helo/Boomer storyline.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. There was so much buildup and story developed for the Helo/Boomer child that it seems wierd they'd just have someone literally walk through the door and go 'hey look everyone, it's another Cylon baby, how about that!'

On the other hand, I also think Boomer and Helo's baby looked a long younger than she should have in the One-Year-Later section of "Lay Down Your Burdens Part 2".

Leoben's manipulation of Starbuck is brilliant. How do you manipulate a woman who was abused as a child? Turn her into the abuser. Though I think Kara's a little too smart for that, and is playing him right back.

I'm also wondering why there aren't any Leobens amongst the top-level cylons. He's conspicuous by his absence, since even Simon's there.

These past four episodes have been amazing, but tonight's most of all. The human drama in the escape alone was tremendous- Tigh killing Ellen, Ander's search for Kara and her showdown with Leoben- and the revelation about Kaycee. but the ship battles blew me away. Galactica jumping into the atmosphere? Great. Pegasus getting destroyed while taking out the remaining Base Stars? unbeleivable.

The only thing I'm worried about is that they've set he bar pretty high early on in the season, how will they keep it up?

That was certainly one of the best episodes of the show ever. I can't believe he killed Ellen. Did she really kill herself there? Or just drug her and leave her? I dunno. That was way the hell fucked up. You're right on about the combat stuff--that was nuts, and totally surprising and unpredictable on all fronts. The show always surprises me.

I loved the ending, with the rather hollow triumph when you see how people like Tigh and Starbuck are still falling apart.

Galactica falling into atmo then jumping out of there was fuckin incredible. and damn some of these characters brought back some real hardcore baggage.

Starbuck's last scene was really good. The look on her face when she finds out Kacie isn't hers. Goddamn. That woman is going to have serious psychological problems.

Looks like next week is "hunt down the collaborators!". Lookin' forward to that.

Yup.

Anyhow, magnificent episode, that was feature film quality. A little too tidy, for my liking. Destroying the Pegasus = deus ex machina.

The ship's final kamakaze mission almost single-handedly got everything back to wear it was during season 2.0.

There are a few lingering points, though, that can drive the rest of the season:

So do Duella, Lee, and Helo all get demoted?

What are the fates of Gaius and Hera?

What will happen to Gaeda? He WAS Tyrol's secret informant, after all. Will he be able to prove he wasn't really a collaborator?

And, technically, should Zarek be the president now?

I didn't hink this Insurgent story arc would be over so quickly though.

I just wonder where we go from here, in the larger scope.