TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bobobrazil1984

Battlestar Galactica

That was probably the greatest epsiode of television I have ever watched. Best scenes was definately the Galactica doing the freefall FTL and the Pegasus showing up for battle. Kick ass!

I'm going to go out on a limb here... Battlestar Galactica > Lost.

There are a few lingering points, though, that can drive the rest of the season:

So do Duella, Lee, and Helo all get demoted?

What are the fates of Gaius and Hera?

What will happen to Gaeda? He WAS Tyrol's secret informant, after all. Will he be able to prove he wasn't really a collaborator?

And, technically, should Zarek be the president now?

I imagine Zarek was forced to resign when he decided to not go along with Baltar's administration. Though obviously they're not going to recognize Baltar as anything now. I'll be interested to see if his camaraderie with Roslin keeps up or if they'll back to bitter rivals.

I can't envision Tigh retaking the XO positon. He's been through so much shit. He's going to be more unstable than he was in Season 1 and the beginning of Season 2, when he was drinking and raving all the time. It'll be cool to see the Galactica functioning with, presumably, full staff, since it's always been undermanned until now.

Also: it'll be very, very interesting to see what Sharon (Agathon) does now. All the Hera stuff aside, which will surely arise somewhere down the road, what does she do as a Cylon no longer connected to the Cylons? Will she tell the fleet what the other 5 Cylons look like?

More importantly, where the FUCK is Gaius going to go now?

Considering that he DID prevent the nuke from going off, but considering HOW he prevented it from going off...

Look, I'm all for being a fan of Boomer and Starbuck and Adama. They're great. But Gaius is the best actor on that show, and his story with Caprica Six is also the best.

Will she tell the fleet what the other 5 Cylons look like?

Interesting question. I'd think that if there were any Cylon infiltrators left, they'd have stayed with the fleet unstead of moving down to the surface.

Funny how the only Cylon models on New Caprica were the 7 we were already aware of. Its not like the humans already knew that all 7 of them were Cylons (i.e. Lucy Lawless).

I also wonder if the ability to download is going to be either impeeded or gotten rid off for the human Cylons. Brotehr Caville was saying how it was a painfull process for him after only three- but Six has downloaded almost a dozen times it seems like and never complained.

More importantly, where the FUCK is Gaius going to go now?

Considering that he DID prevent the nuke from going off, but considering HOW he prevented it from going off...

Look, I'm all for being a fan of Boomer and Starbuck and Adama. They're great. But Gaius is the best actor on that show, and his story with Caprica Six is also the best.

From what I hear, and I avoid direct spoilers, these are sort of general and vague:

He will be hanging out with the Cylons and have his own running subplot, like sharon/helo did in Season 1.

Will she tell the fleet what the other 5 Cylons look like?

Interesting question. I'd think that if there were any Cylon infiltrators left, they'd have stayed with the fleet unstead of moving down to the surface.

Funny how the only Cylon models on New Caprica were the 7 we were already aware of. Its not like the humans already knew that all 7 of them were Cylons (i.e. Lucy Lawless).

That's been explained somewhat by the producers: there are extra models which the models we have seen are not even aware of. They have been boxed, which is why we never saw them on capricia. However, these unseen models can be brought back and probably will be.

Does the Basestar...err, excuse me BaseSHIP (bleh)...hybrid count as one of the 12 models?

I want one of the last 5 models to be Dirk Benedict.

I don't think the Hybrid counts. And yes, Dirk Bennedict would be awesome as one of the final five. However, he recently got some heat by lambasting Katie Sackoff and saying something like a woman Starbuck is a horrible idea.

I'm actually starting to wonder if Starbuck herself is one of those models. Remember, Six made some comments in Season 1 or 2 about her having a destiny or something.

I don't think the Hybrid counts. And yes, Dirk Bennedict would be awesome as one of the final five. However, he recently got some heat by lambasting Katie Sackoff and saying something like a woman Starbuck is a horrible idea.

He appeared with her in some DVD bonus materials.

Richard Hatch was alos very critical of the new BSG early on, and we saw how that turned out.

(Hatch has been fantastic as Zarek, in case that hasn't already been said.)

Does the Basestar...err, excuse me BaseSHIP (bleh)...hybrid count as one of the 12 models?

I want one of the last 5 models to be Dirk Benedict.

Dirk being one the 5 models would be sweet. :cheers:

But I don't think the hybrid counts at all. Otherwise when 6 led Baltar throughout the ship, she would have proven that her math skills lack much to be desired. And I seriously doubt that a Cylon "Skin Job" would have terrible math skills.

I still think Baltar is a Cylon but I've only started watching this season.

Baltar probably has some connection to the Cylons he doesn't realize, but were he one he'd have gotten sick like the rest.

Before the holocaust, Baltar was the foremost expert on computer engineering.

I still don't buy they've given us the real explanation to what Head Six (Baltar's delusion/angel/cylon chip) is, if the writers actually know themselves. The Baltar saga is far from over.

Who actually made the Cylons? I was thinking maybe the original guy who built the Cylons is their "God", and that maybe Baltar is a descendent...might explain a bit about his connection with them.

Then again, this is BSG, the writers probably haven't planned it out.

I also buy Starbuck as a Cylon...she managed to fight off a Six straight up, she's some kind of elite commando/pilot/battle tactician depending on what episode it is. And she's as good at that Caprica sport as one of the best professional players. Again, it's probably just writer laziness, but it could be a fun twist later on.

If Kara were a Cylon there'd have been no reason for them to have her on the breeding farm. I don't think any more members of the fleet are Cylons, definitely not any of our main characters.

Who actually made the Cylons? I was thinking maybe the original guy who built the Cylons is their "God", and that maybe Baltar is a descendent...might explain a bit about his connection with them.

They're making a prequel called "Caprica" that might explain that.

He appeared with her in some DVD bonus materials.

Richard Hatch was alos very critical of the new BSG early on, and we saw how that turned out.

Yeah, that was for the miniseries. He apparently said these things recently, probably during season 2. Probably pissed that the remake did so much better than the original.

I love how he's thrown himself into the role. Best recurring character in the series.

Adama is such a fucking badass.

I love when he slapped down Starbuck and Tigh. Especially when he kicked out Starbuck's chair, throwing her ass to the ground

I don't think he really raised his voice either. That's quality badassery right there.

I am always impressed by physically altering character actions. Was adama wearing a fake mustache the whole time? Did Starbuck really chop her hair off? One take, no excuses??

(starbuck is still hawt)

I am always impressed by physically altering character actions. Was adama wearing a fake mustache the whole time? Did Starbuck really chop her hair off? One take, no excuses??

(starbuck is still hawt)

They showed Adama shaving his moustache at the end of Exodus part 2. I'm assuming that the (neatly trimmed) facial hair was his reminder that settling on New Caprica was a mistake.

Kara chopped some of the hair off with her knife, Outsiders-style and obviously knows how to do it well, since it looked great in her next scene.

Katee looks better with shorter hair anyways.

The Adamastache

:D

As for KAtie's hair, on the podcast Ron said she had wanted long hair, and fought to keep it. The compromise was that she could cut it off herself on screen.

wait, for real?

OMG, BSG and then LOST. Best double header ever!

Except Jack will look a lot like Taye Diggs, and Canadian Evangeline Lilly will look a lot like Canadian Vicky Pratt...