TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bobobrazil1984

Battlestar Galactica

That ending of the season was a combination of kick ass WTF with a heavy dose of lame unbelievability.

The whole thing with the song just became horrible and I guess before it's all said and done, Kara will probably be the fifth Cylon.

The trail and Lee's speech was great. The meeting of the four and how it broke up was also pretty good. But them singing the lyrics and Kara just suddenly showing up was so horrible. Baltar going off to become I guess Charlie Manson was a mixture of so so and possible entertaining.

But as a season finale, I was extremely underwhelmed.

I *knew* Tyrol had to be a Cylon, there were just too damn many hints and wtf things going on with him over the past season.

The music thing could be cool if it turns out they're hearing radio waves from Earth (I believe the original BSG had something like that, them picking up Earth music)

It is. January. Also, there's going to be a 2-hour BSG special in September, I think, a prequel following the Pegasus and Admiral Cain. Should be cheery fun!

I don't know that they're Cylons. If they are, they're totally different than the other kinds. It's really Tigh as a Cylon that throws that off the most for me. I'm not sure how he could be. Maybe they're humans and got tweaked somehow. The transmission of "All Along the Watchtower" has got to be from Earth, or it's totally cheesy. I don't know WTF is up with Starbuck, either. And I can't believe they're going to make us wait 10 months to find out.

Well, that part is easy, to my mind.

Those five, whos names I don't know besides Tigh and Starbuck, that is:

Tigh,

Starbuck,

White mechanic guy

White pilot who was with Starbuck

Indian/North African Presidential Asst. lasy

are the "final five" Cylon models. Starbuck would have gone to that room as well as the other four, but she had recently died.

I get that, brosephus. I'm just trying to figure out the logistics behind the possibilities, and what the Final Five actually are in the context of the mythology, and how it would work that they are them, or iterations of them. That's Tyrol, Anders, and Tory, by the way. Maybe they're particularly closely tied descendants of Earth, moreso than the rest of the Kobol kids. Oh, my brains.

I don't think we know if it is.

Fascinating interview with show creator Moore at this site, which explains that those four are Cylons, but totally different kinds of Cylons. Some very very minor speculation about next season and the directions it could take in there as well.

If you noticed, there were clearly lights shining off the Earth they showed, like if you viewed California at night from space...

It's inhabited.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I really liked the season finale, I was pretty sure of what would happen but it was done in a way that surprised me. The trial and the meeting of Tigh, Anders, The chief, and Tory (?) were especially good. I really like the idea that those four will be fighting against what they are to try and hold on to their humanity.

I wonder, if and when they find Earth, what kind of Earth will they find? Are they going to keep it 'real Earth' like the original series (rather, BSG 1980, I believe), or will they do a more evolved Earth.

Totally loved it. The thing you have to remember about the Final Five is that they were boxed, which means the other Cylon models didn't like them... that doesn't necessarily mean anything but it's important to keep in mind. I'm also working on some thoughts about Baltar being the Cylon Christ. Great episode, Lee's speech was one of the best moments of the series.

I liked it quite a bit. A lot of the series has sort of had this ambiguity, and mystery, but in a really good way.

I want to see what happens next very much.

And am I the only one who, for some reason, loves Baltar? He's the worst kind of shit, but I can't help feeling he's going to come out a hero.

I LOVE the character of Gaius Baltar. First, he looks and acts like the evil, British version of a friend of mine which is kind of freaky. But yes, I love the guy... I love his internal conflict, the thought of witnessing his redemption... but I also love the thought of his destruction. The writers have set up a brilliant character with whom they would really be justified in doing anything as far as the logical directions of the storyline go.

Plus, I think he is the Cylon God incarnate (possibly).

Baltar is an excellent asshole character who does what is best for him unless it shows the best for him is bad for others. Well, he won't go as far as to risk his LIFE for others but he will say no a couple of times until it looks like he had no other choice. I like him, he's a prick and he's well aware he's a prick. The Manson type character could be a lot of fun or it could be a walking disaster.

Considering the actor, I'm going to say lots of fun. One of the best characters the show has going and only second the EJO on my list of awesome BSG characters.

I really liked the finale. I liked the song, even. I thought it was interesting with potential for lame, but it hasn't proven to be either yet. But the editing and the song itself when they're following the song to the airlock was excellent and for some reason I like songs playing over battles, like Watchtower playing over Lee's launch.

Loved Lee's speech. Couldn't help but agree with him.

And Baltar IS a prick. But one you love AND love to hate at the same time somehow. I love his character. I've thought for quite some time that he's tied to the Cylon god somehow.

Hey, does anyone know the song that Sci-Fi plays over their episode previews for this show? The sad piano bit...I really want to hear more of that, if it exists. Thanks in advance if anyone knows more.

Well- it's been confirmed (though I forgot where I read it) that Season 4 will in fact be the final season of BSG. I know that Ron and Co. were hoping for five seasons to wrap everything up, but I hope that, now that they've had fair warning, they can wrap things up nicely- or at least set up a movie to finish things off.

Hey, does anyone know the song that Sci-Fi plays over their episode previews for this show? The sad piano bit...I really want to hear more of that, if it exists. Thanks in advance if anyone knows more.

Well I know one preview was "Savin Me" by Nickelback and the one with the "darkness turns to light" is "It ends tonight" by All American Rejects which does have a sad piano bit.

It might be that one. Otherwise, I missed that preview so I don't have a clue.

Well- it's been confirmed (though I forgot where I read it) that Season 4 will in fact be the final season of BSG. I know that Ron and Co. were hoping for five seasons to wrap everything up, but I hope that, now that they've had fair warning, they can wrap things up nicely- or at least set up a movie to finish things off.

That's not too bad. The show is one of my absolute favorites, but they've got a full order of episodes to finish everything off. Both of the past 2 seasons have started off looking like they could last forever, but still picked up their fair share of filler episodes down the stretch.

I haven't seen any of season 3 yet - waiting for the dvds - but if I was wondering if that spin off series about Caprica was going through or not?

Tonight, Battlestar Galactica: Razor aired, which told the story of the Pegasus and what happened between the attacks and meeting with Galactica. We also got a glimpse of the new season- which premiers in MARCH. Anybody else watch this tonight?

Any thoughts on who the final cylon is?

A lot people think Cain, but I think that would too obvious now. Baltar likely isn't once since RDM has said he's the most human character on the show, and he's not going to give that up for a shock ending. Someonlike Gaeta or Dee would be a big let down since they're only b level chracters. Zarak is possible and it would be a nice shout out to the orignial shows fans to have the old captain Apollo revealed as a cylon.

"Do you watch Battlestar Galactica?"

"No..."

"Then you're an idiot."

-Dwight Schrute

It's BAAA-AAAAACCKKK!!!!

I am so supremely psyched. Starbuck returns! Cylons! All Along the Watchtower! Special Final five (4?) Cylons!

I like the idea above about Tom Zarek being the final Cylon. It would be especially interesting if he maneuvered himself more into power then his programming kicked in.

the episode is up on Hulu.com right now if anyone missed. It appears that the only "commercial" is a short little blurb at the beginning, i havent noticed any ads while skipping through act breaks. Good stuff.

"Do you watch Battlestar Galactica?"

"No..."

"Then you're an idiot."

-Dwight Schrute

No shit. That episode kicked the monsters balls.

Looks like Baltar is nice an secure where he is at with his harem of MILFs and (maybe) GOD appearing in the form of Six pushing things along. At least that is what I thought they were hinting at with that foreground in focus shot to the background focus.

Got to say too that this episode also did wonders for not wasting any detail from past episodes. References to Boomer and the Cylon detector and Anders "Championship Game" were all nice touches for those who really pay attention.