TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bobobrazil1984

Battlestar Galactica

I was super happy with last night's episode. The fakeout with Tigh and the gun at the top was great, even if telegraphed. And they blew half the season's budget before the opening credits.

I dig Baltar's seeming changes.

I have a theory about Kara:

I think she's the goddess Aurora, or she's some kind of avatar or something.

And they blew half the season's budget before the opening credits.

I was thinking the exact same thing as well, brilliant opening and I'm saying to myself "There goes the budget!"

Really good episode... Favourite parts were definitely the opening battle and surprisingly, Baltar's "enlightenment" when the guy had him by the throat. Really good character moment.

My hatred for Laura Roslin continues though... Is she really just an idiot?

Season 4 FTW!

I'm on the Roslin's a Cylon bandwagon. I bet Adama finally realizes his monkey love for Roslin, and then he finds out she's a Cylon... challenging whether he'll still love her or not (a la Lee's "what if Zak was a Cylon" little mental challenge). I think her cancer is basically radiation poisoning. Plus she's investigating who the final cylon is and it's one of those"clever mystery writing tricks" to have a protagonist be the culprit. Also the writers said that the final cylon was someone they'd been kicking around in their heads since late season 1... and back then, she still had cancer, and the eventual resolution (hera's blood) was so dues es machina that it had to have been made up on the fly so i'm deducing "Roslin's a Cylon" was their ace in the hole to get out of the cancer all along.

RDM has went on record as saying roslin, adama, lee, Baltar and starbucks are not cylons. He could be lying I supposebut considering how he said he thought they lost a lot when tigh became one (he was one of the most humans characters and then turned out not to be) I don't think he wants to drastically change one of the main characters of just for a shock ending.

It probably is Zarek. I don't think anyone else would be that big a deal. Gaeta's a cylon? So what?

Probably some new character we haven't met yet, probably a female since 7 of the 11 known models are male.

I think Tigh was the one D'Anna saw when she apologized to when she saw the final 5 last year.

I give the most outside chances to Admiral Cain having been a Cylon. (Imagine how pissed off she'd be if she woke up in a resurrection chamber after Gina shot her.)

I'm fairly sure the creative team have went on record as saying it was someone who wasn't a stranger to us. I mean, I think the whole point is a OMG! He/She was a cylon all along! moment. You can't have that with some random person showing up.

I also heard the final five are different from the other cylons in that they can't resurrect, which if true, rules out Cain.

I really believe its Baltar. There's some deleted materials in RAZOR that might point to it, and he can project, which we learned about in S3.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Great episode. I almost had a heart attack with the Tigh fake out. Baltar's own personal cult was also great.

A lot of things went through my head. First I was "dream, its a fake" but then the slow motion went on long enough that I started thinking "holy shit this is the last season... what if Adama really is gone!?!? It could happen its only one season left OHHH SHITTT". I loved how chipper Tigh was right when he shot Adama.

Yeah, that little Two-Baltar conversation was pretty great. One of those things I didn't think they'd do but when they did it it made perfect sense. It does nothing to deter me from my belief that Baltar is the final cylon.

I actually felt kinda uninterested in this episode. I mean yeah there was some cool stuff but a lot of it just wasn't clicking for me. The Baltar convo and the Cylon gun down scene were cool but the rest just felt off to me. Even Adama being a pissed off bad ass didn't work for me like it usually did. Wasn't as nice and smooth as the first episode, something just felt clunky.

So, Baltar is Jesus now?

I wonder if Roslin is going to make it to the end of the season, since they seem to be playing up that she's getting really sick (why can't they use the hybrid blood again?). Also, I have to hand it to Tricia Helfer: she's been great this season, especially in those scenes with Tigh. She's played 3 or 4 different characters and managed to make each one them unique. Considering she was a model before she started BSG she's been very impressive.

I have to think the end of this half of the season will be finding earth...since they can't really drag out Kara and the crew being on the ship for the next 18 or so episodes. As soon as Adama told her he was giving her a ship, I figured they'd find it sooner than we'd think. I thought she'd have to spend 5 or 6 episodes trying to convince them all.

Any guesses on what earth it'll be?

First of all - Tricia Helfer - great model-turned-actress or GREATEST-model-turned-actress?

Somehow she has managed to make every Six different and yet remain sympathetic. The Six on the baseship just killed Barolay, and yet by the end of that scene the one I felt sorry for was Six.

The Final Five are from the Thirteenth Colony (good old Terra), which would explain their Dylan knowledge, and also their natural life-span rather than a created one (Tigh fought in the Cylon Wars, etc.). This goes right into the "All of this has happened before" bit -- the Final Five are actually the First Five, the progenitors of the current Cylons.

Katee did a great job with the crazy/not crazy/crazy/not crazy shifts by Kara.

First of all - Tricia Helfer - great model-turned-actress or GREATEST-model-turned-actress?

Somehow she has managed to make every Six different and yet remain sympathetic. The Six on the baseship just killed Barolay, and yet by the end of that scene the one I felt sorry for was Six.

Yeah that scene with between the two Six's on the Basestar was some really great acting.

That was an awesome and intense episode, this season has rocked so far.

Holy dog balls this show was great tonight. Can't really say anything about it without spoiling anything but BSG is firing on all cylinders right now. Much like LOST this week pretty much every thread left dangling out there are all on a collision course. That layover into the 2nd half of the season is going to suck so much ass.

Athena whacked Natalie? What the hell was that? Doesn’t that just totally destroy the whole “alliance” thing? And Natalie didn’t even do anything. She said she wasn’t going to swipe the kid.

Could the dying leader be Natalie?

From the previews,

did anyone else get the idea that CapricaSix (in the Brig) could be pregnant by Tigh?

Don't think 2 cylons can have a child

Roslin's calling out tory for her whoring was quite funny: 'I don't care if you spend all night praying on your knees or just on your knees!'

the last two episodes have been great, even though last night's was pretty weird. Loved the Hybrid jumping out of there, hopefully they stay away from the fleet - I like the idea of that motley crew who were on the baseship being alone, hopefully with some real answers.

btw i swear i saw a flash of ROMO LAMPKIN in next week's previews. That is awesome!

I'm thinking D'anna reveals the 4 cylons we already know, but is killed before she can tell the last one since Lucy Lawless probably isn't staying on for the rest of the season but they want to draw out the reveal.

This season has been...meh. The cylon civil war isn't that compelling, and it was a shame they killed off the one likeable character to emerge from the whole storyline (Natalie). I havn't really liked Baltar's spiritual awakening either. The Detmetrius episodes were good though, though.

I'm thinking D'anna reveals the 4 cylons we already know, but is killed before she can tell the last one since Lucy Lawless probably isn't staying on for the rest of the season but they want to draw out the reveal.

This season has been...meh. The cylon civil war isn't that compelling, and it was a shame they killed off the one likeable character to emerge from the whole storyline (Natalie). I havn't really liked Baltar's spiritual awakening either. The Detmetrius episodes were good though, though.

I think this season has been way better than the 3rd. I've been super drawn in to the 9 episodes so far.

I say she steps on Galactica and points out "you!" before fading to black :/

Sci-Fi.com has been streaming the finale all day, at the top of each hour.

http://www.scifi.com/

Tori and Tigh come forward, Tyrol and Anders tell Starbuck her Viper has changed, and it turns out it is recieving a radio signal which points the way to Earth. Still Acting President, Lee makes a pact with D'Anna to find Earth together after a potentially self-destructive standoff. When the fleet arrives at Earth, all they find is a radioactive wasteland.

Well there's only half a season left, so the last half will probably be about what happened to Earth, who the Final Cylon is, and what mysterious force has been pulling them all series long, talking to Baltar in his head, etc etc.

I think we're going to get one "master villain", at the end that the humans and Cylons will have to team up to take down.

Hell of an ending though. Very planet of the apes.