TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bobobrazil1984

Battlestar Galactica

Well there's only half a season left, so the last half will probably be about what happened to Earth, who the Final Cylon is, and what mysterious force has been pulling them all series long, talking to Baltar in his head, etc etc.

I think we're going to get one "master villain", at the end that the humans and Cylons will have to team up to take down.

Hell of an ending though. Very planet of the apes.

YOU MANIACS! GODS DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!

Anyways...my guess is that the show takes place in the ancient past, and that the two human-Cylon hybrids, Nickie and Hera, will become the progenitors of the new human race.

Or something.

Holy shit that was an intense episode. The standoffs and the scene with Tigh and Adama were crazy awesome. So was the scene with the Admiral and Lee where the old man was breaking down on the floor. Really great stuff.

And yeah that was one hell of an ending. I was also totally feeling the Planet of the Apes vibe. Expected to see the Statue of Liberty. But there's still the question of are they in our past or our future?

Well there's only half a season left, so the last half will probably be about what happened to Earth, who the Final Cylon is, and what mysterious force has been pulling them all series long, talking to Baltar in his head, etc etc.

I think we're going to get one "master villain", at the end that the humans and Cylons will have to team up to take down.

Yeah there's still a whole lot of questions left, that's for sure. The nature of the final five is the big one for me. Especially how can Col Tigh have been around for so long?

I kinda hope they don't try to tackle the God/Gods question though since I think it would be out of the scope of a TV show to answer "So, is there a God?"

I'm starting to think that the Final Five ARE actually Earth humans, and skinjob technology is just really advanced human technololgy (we're already talking about cloning, downloading of memories, in a few hundred years we'll probably have them). When Mechanical Cylons went into hiding, they found Earth, and were "repurposed" by the last surviving humans (who are basically the skinjobs). Final Cylon being the leader of them.

Alternatively, the Final Cylon could be the force that wiped out the people of Earth, and the force who compelled the Cylons to attack the 12 Colonies, and all the visions and head Six characters and mystical games is this guy trying to lure all the remaining humans to him to finish the job.

D'anna saying the last cylon wasn't in the fleet answered the question of whether Zarek is a cylon. I was fairly sure he was the final one. I guess Dee and Gaeta can also no longer be considered.

I'm beginning to think its Baltar. He was on the basestar when D'anna said the last cylon wasn't in the fleet so it would make sense. There's been so much of a question mark over him throughout the series some people think he can't possibly be a cylon now, but maybe that's what would make it so unpredictable.

Yeah signs are pointing to Baltar again now. I'm guessing if it's not him then it's either some abstract concept or someone we haven't seen yet, or possibly someone who has died.

And I'm pretty sure they're going with yes, this is Earth, and that we blew it up (YOU MANIACS) sometime in "our" near-ish future.

I found this picture on the net.

BSGBridge.jpg

Brooklyn Bridge.

If you go back and look at the scene where Baltar interrupts the cylons, the camera focuses on D'anna for a few moments, and she has this look of total reverence on her face as soon as she sees him. I thought that was interesting and it might indicate he is the final cylon.

I did love Chief's reaction to getting caught, as well. Just total relief. And Adama's going apeshit after he found out about tigh was terrific too. The mystery of Starbuck pristine viper has yet to be resolved, although I've heard it speculated that the starbuck that came back may not be the same one of the past three seasons and that's why its not the same viper.

This show's back in 10 days and I am fucking pumped. Can't wait to see how they end the series.

My guess for the final Cylon was Starbuck's father (who we've never seen) because there's clearly something special about Kara but I don't think she's the Cylon. But then I read something where Moore said it won't be a guest star, so I don't know if that would work.

I just really really want to finally find out how Baltar survived the nuclear attack at the very beginning.

According to the DirecTV guide there's going to be a marathon of Season 4 episodes starting at 8AM ET on 1/16 (Next Friday). It starts off with a recap documentary that they normally do when coming back from a long hiatus, and then the first full episode is actually the season 3 finale. It'll go all the way up to the season 4.5 premiere at 10PM. All on Sci-Fi, of course.

Just in case anyone wants a refresher and hasn't already rented, purchased or "purchased" the DVD set.

I'm stoked. Ready to go for the final episodes.

I think Baltar might be the Cylon God, but I don't know if that also means he's a cylon. All the signs are there that he's... something connected to the cylons at least.

I believe Starbuck is an avatar of the goddess Aurora. Or she flat out IS Aurora or something.

Is this series getting ANY bluray releases? I saw Season 4.0 came out but it only seems to be on Standard DVD.. =\ ..this really seems like a show that would just look fucking A++++ awesome in high def.

Or Season 4's opening battle.

Or the second/third ep in Season 3, when Adama drops Galactica into the atmosphere and the Pegasus is destroyed. I would love to see that in HD.

Exodus Pt. II is my favorite episode from start to finish. Fantastic battle, Adama having the balls to jump into a drop, and the Pegasus save.

The people I was with were so caught up in it that when that happened they cheered. Like Stone Cold showed up or something. It was bizarre and awesome.

Exodus Pt. II is my favorite episode from start to finish. Fantastic battle, Adama having the balls to jump into a drop, and the Pegasus save.

The people I was with were so caught up in it that when that happened they cheered. Like Stone Cold showed up or something. It was bizarre and awesome.

Yeah Exodus II is one of those high water-marks, a real cathartic episode. I actually think the show has really struggled to reach that mark since (though this past half season was really good). The atmospheric jump was probably the coolest thing I've seen in ages. Pegasus' last stand was really awesome (if a tad cliche). The ending was just really dramatic too. The whole thing was balls to the walls, and if the series was structured slightly differently would have made a killer series finale.

I'm hoping that Exodus Part II is a down payment on a future ass kicking, as it were. As in, I hope they know that they have to meet and exceed that in the finale. No bullshit, no screen goes black while Adama's in the bathroom - it has to have everything from great action to great resonance.

Ergh, just got around to watching the miniseries (pilot) - what the hell took me so long to actually watch this show? Its pretty grounded and believable and still Sci-Fi enough to enjoy.

I'm hoping that Exodus Part II is a down payment on a future ass kicking, as it were. As in, I hope they know that they have to meet and exceed that in the finale. No bullshit, no screen goes black while Adama's in the bathroom - it has to have everything from great action to great resonance.

I thought they did a good job of living up to Exodus pt 2 with Season 4's opener. Always compared it to Return of the Jedi's final battle.

Yeah, the 4 opener was right up there.

Obi Chris - Like the dark side, it can consume you. Enjoy. Battlestar is a rare show that I actually refuse to read spoilers about. The first time viewings are that much fun for me.

Yeah BSG is like crack. I never saw anything from it until my friend convinced me to check out the miniseries (it was halfway through the 2nd season) and I just couldn't stop watching until I caught up.

I'm stoked. Ready to go for the final episodes.

I think Baltar might be the Cylon God, but I don't know if that also means he's a cylon. All the signs are there that he's... something connected to the cylons at least.

I believe Starbuck is an avatar of the goddess Aurora. Or she flat out IS Aurora or something.

I don't think any stuff like that is going to go down, nor do I think it should. I don't think they're going to reveal anything about the Gods or God because I think it would be disappointing no matter how they do it. Like a character steps from behind the curtain and goes 'Ta da! I'm God! Betcha didn't see that coming.'

The nature of the universe is a pretty complex question, so I think they're going to leave that stuff alone. I may be wrong and they'll go there, but I don't see how it could be satisfying.

I understand how people want them to answer that stuff, since people want stories like this wrapped up in a nice bow, and I know there will be bitching if they don't answer the question 'Who's right about God(s)? Humans or Cylons?' I really hope they leave that stuff open ended. Sure they could answer some stuff about the mythology/artifacts/temples but stay away from the really big stuff.

I think it would be like if The Wire had ended with a perfect solution about how to fix drugs and poverty in American cities.

That's a pretty apt analogy. I think Moore said in an interview that that's territory they're probably not going to deal with very much.

What I mean by Cylon God is that

Baltar exhibits Cylon-like abilities, but I don't think he's the 5th. I think he's something else, apart from them. And with the clear Christ references at the end of 3 and most of 4, I think it's something above and beyond.

Now that we know what Caprica is about, my original theory is shot:

Baltar is a cylon based on their creator

That's a pretty apt analogy. I think Moore said in an interview that that's territory they're probably not going to deal with very much.

Baltar exhibits Cylon-like abilities, but I don't think he's the 5th. I think he's something else, apart from them. And with the clear Christ references at the end of 3 and most of 4, I think it's something above and beyond.

Yeah, I agree there's definitely something special about Baltar, same with Kara. I do think he's human though.

I will be interested to see how they handle all of the mythological and religious stuff though. Will they bust out a scientific explanation for all of the visions and destinies and such (ie. Baltar DOES have a chip in his brain, there's some time travel going on, etc) or will they have some supernatural explanations for things?

I really think there's going to be some time travel revealed at some point. I mean, Ronald Moore WAS a Star Trek writer.

Yeah, I agree there's definitely something special about Baltar, same with Kara. I do think he's human though.

I will be interested to see how they handle all of the mythological and religious stuff though. Will they bust out a scientific explanation for all of the visions and destinies and such (ie. Baltar DOES have a chip in his brain, there's some time travel going on, etc) or will they have some supernatural explanations for things?

I really think there's going to be some time travel revealed at some point. I mean, Ronald Moore WAS a Star Trek writer.

I think its safe to say that time travel was involved here...

And goodbye, Dee.

Oh my fucking god. That may have been the best episode of the whole series. And not just because of the revelations, that scene with Adama and Tigh was off the chain.

Dee I saw comming.

Ellen, not so much. So Ellen was the Cylon mastermind?

I had thought that Leoben would have all the answers for Kara's corpse, and I was pleasantly surprised that he was stumbling for words and was as shocked as Kara was (and backing slowly away from Kara, too, might I add).

a theory of mine is that there is no fith cylon.

The Cylons rebuilt humans who died in the original Earth holocaust, the same way Kara was rebuilt after she crashed.

Everyone has lived before.