TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bobobrazil1984

Battlestar Galactica

So... what are everybody's theories on Starbuck? Did the people of Earth create a new body for her and download her brain into it or something? Is Kara a Cylon?

There's a third group out there manipulating events behind the scenes. Same source as the "head people".

I had thought that Leoben would have all the answers for Kara's corpse, and I was pleasantly surprised that he was stumbling for words and was as shocked as Kara was (and backing slowly away from Kara, too, might I add).

I think Leoben looking shit scared and running away from Starbuck was probably my freakout moment of the episode. This guy has been going on about prophecies and destinies for who knows how long, and when he saw the (supposed) dead body of Starbuck, he's probably thought to himself 'Oh shit, everything I thought I knew/believed has just flown out the window!" and just bolted.

Ellen as the fifth? Meh, not feeling it. Bit of a letdown in my opinion. If she is the fifth, I'm glad it's out of the way early and they can concentrate on actually explaining this mess of events that's going on. Earth was populated by Cylons, nice little twist.

Best show on television.

Just blitzed through the first Season and I'm totally hooked. The characters really drive this show, usually on Sci Fi Space shows I'm hanging around waiting for the space battles. Baltar is amazing.

I'm pretty sure they're rendering the FX work out at 4K or something. I'm pretty sure its hovering around film quality during the space battles.

Cylon Centurions don't always look perfect, though.

Call me crazy, but I'm actually siding with Tom Zarek now. A military alliance with the rogue Cylons is one thing, but Adama's taken it too far.

Dude, come on. Don't be going into a thread discussing goings on of a currently running show if you're catching up on back episodes and trying not to come across any spoilers.

Sort of agree. It's implied that show threads like these are discussing episodes as they are airing, its like that for most shows. I have several shows I'm catching up on (like The Shield) and I avoided the show threads for that reason.

Even so, if I was watching Season 4, then the episodes your watching haven't happened in the UK yet. But that's just being anal. Anyway, no problem, I'll just leave any questions I have till later.

I think tonight's was one of the better episodes of the whole series. Good stuff.

It was good to see Starbuck being super badass and Baltar concerned only with saving his own ass again.

I was choked that it was to be continued.

Great episode. It was good to see everyone stepping back into who they are supposed to be after being so broken down by everything. Lee and Starbuck running through the halls with guns, Adama and Tigh being... well, Adam and Tigh. What are these people thinking?

Though the preview for next week is troublesome. You think they'll really do what its indicating?

Another amazing installment.

While I am thrilled that they got the firing squad, I still think that Gaeta didn't suffer nearly enough. Zarek is an asshole, but Gaeta is a punk who never had the stones to face his own failures.

You have to hand-it to Richard Hatch though, he was one of the leads in the original series, and he parlayed the Zarek role from special guest star, to recurring, to one of the bonafide leads in the series.

I cannot believe they offed the entire Quorum!

I never felt that Gaeta and Zarek, well not Gaeta anyway, were the bad guys. They were right. It was unreasonable to demand the humans work with the same people that murdered their entire civilisation. But Roslin and Adama just insisted on doing it their way and not listening to anyone.

You can criticise Gaeta but considering everything he's went through over the course of the series, and the webisodes provide a lot of context for his actions, it's not suprising he went crazy.

I think Zarek was definitely a bad guy because he killed innocent people who didn't immediately fall in line with his agenda.

Adm. Adama's mindset was finally explained with the line "They gave aid and comfort to ME." The Cylons he is defending, remember, were mostly defectors who helped destroy a Cylon resurrection hub and include 4 Cylons who have been loyal members of his crew (Tigh, Anders, Tyrol, and Athena), unlike Gaeta, Narcho, or Kelly. I think if they knew the exact role Caprica Six played in the destruction of the colonies, though, they might make an exception and chuck her out of an airlock.

The last 2 episodes of this show have blown me away, and I hope the final 6 are just as intense.

I think what probably happened to the original planet, Kobol, is that the Cylons and humans had a war and parted ways.

I'm glad they came up with a good explanation for why the Cylon numbering always went 1-6, then jumped to 8.

Yeah, looks like Cavill's been the puppetmaster throught this whole mess from the beginning. How did he survive being choked to death by D'Anna in the episode where they blew up the Hub? It had to have been the same Cavill because Boomer was with him when that happened also. He couldn't have been resurrected because the Hub was destroyed a few minutes later.

I don't understand why Tigh and Caprica Six are all lovey-dovey and playing house, even if she is his baby mama. Remember, he though he was nailing Ellen when he was doing her in the brig all those times.

Wow, what a sup-par episode this was. Aside from the baby cylon dying, NOTHING HAPPENED. Everybody is exactly where they were at the begining of the episode. Next week looks good, though. Lookslike we'll finally find out exactly what Kara is. And after that, I believe, are the final three which is supposed to be a three-part arc to finish things off.