TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

I know this is nothing new, but...

(Please feel free to ignore the following. It's just something I have to get off my chest.)

For weeks now, the only reason why I've watched Smackdown is that I really enjoy seeing Kurt Angle and Chris Jericho work. Be it on the mic or in the ring, I'm rarely disappointed when these two men appear on my television screen. Sure, the rest of the show sucks ass, but Angle and Jericho have done an admirable job of carrying Smackdown on their backs.

So I've been thinking about why I watch Raw. I realized that the only guy I really like on there is Eddy Guerrero, and, in spite of being IC champ, is stuck in a boring feud with RVD. As for all the other wrestlers, they are either being misused, or I just don't like them to begin with. I literally have no reason to watch Raw. So, until things get better, I'm going to stop.

Now, what I'm saying everyone's heard before, but I can assure you I'm not one of those smark types who go on and on about how they don't watch **insert WWE program(s) here** and actually do. I'm still going to watch Smackdown, as I enjoy Jericho and Angle too much to stop, but what reason do I have to continue with Raw?

I cannot think of any.

Guest treble charged

The comedy of Booker T and Goldust.  That's the best part of the show, bar none.

The comedy of Booker T and Goldust.  That's the best part of the show, bar none.

It's funny, yeah, but not enough to endure a two hour program once a week.

The only reason why I think I held out this long was the hope that I would see a good match on there. Raw did have a terrific little tag match in Regal/Guerrero vs. Spike/RVD a few weeks back, and it made my night. But good Raw matches are few and far between.

I know what you mean, living in Ireland means I have the liberty of reading the results for RAW all the time.

And lately I've been disappointed.

The last RAW I watched the whole way through was before the split. That's how pathetic some of the programming has been. I only watched the RAW last week because it had that bike segment and I just wanted to laugh at how pathetic and sad Hogan and Taker are.

Smackdown too has been disappointing as well but not as bad. Angle and Jericho along with some of the recent cruiserweight matches have been the only enjoyable parts of the show. It seems the only guys on Smackdown who really care anymore are Jericho and Angle. Why can't somebody realise that they're working their ass off each week and yet it seems that Taker is getting the belt? No offence but the last time I saw a really entertaining match from Taker was years ago.

With Benoit's imminent return and that being on Smackdown it will hopefully give me another reason to watch Smackdown but right now the WWE programming is pretty low.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

A few reasons why I watch Raw:

No Vince McMahon

Ric Flair, and now that he is a heel we'll get to enjoy his excellent heel promos.

Brock Lesnar

Eddie Guerrero

A few reasons why I watch Raw:

No Vince McMahon

Ric Flair, and now that he is a heel we'll get to enjoy his excellent heel promos.

Brock Lesnar

Eddie Guerrero

I could probably catch all the good Flair promos on any of their weekend recap shows without having to endure all the other crap Raw dishes out. No Vince is a plus; I've already stated my feelings on Guerrero; Brock Lesnar has yet to hold my interest. When Lesnar starts to use some of that NCAA skills he has, I'll take notice. As of right now, he's just another big guy with a lot of power moves.

Guest dreamer420

I look forward to watching Smackdown, way more than I do Raw.  Lately Raw is guaranteed to have the nWo in the main event.  Brock Lesnar is is guaranteed to have a shitty match.  It is becoming the same crap over and over.  Now we are going to see a new nWo member every week probably until the group is just a huge fucking joke again.

Guest oldschoolwrestling
I look forward to watching Smackdown, way more than I do Raw.  Lately Raw is guaranteed to have the nWo in the main event.  Brock Lesnar is is guaranteed to have a shitty match.  It is becoming the same crap over and over.  Now we are going to see a new nWo member every week probably until the group is just a huge fucking joke again.

They are already a huge fucking joke.

Guest dreamer420

Not to me they are not.  When they start introducting jobbers in weekly then it is a joke.  If the group is believable then they aren't