TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PLAGIARISM!

Worst videos ever

Pixies - 'Velouria'. Jesus Christ. The band go rock climbing in jerky slow motion for the entire duration of the song. The camera does not change once. Given the good artwork of their albums, they made some of the worst videos of all time.

Pixies - 'Velouria'. Jesus Christ. The band go rock climbing in jerky slow motion for the entire duration of the song. The camera does not change once. Given the good artwork of their albums, they made some of the worst videos of all time.

I agree. That really is one of the worst videos ever.

I remember watching it for the first time and I thought that something, anything, had to happen to make it better but it didn't.

I also vote for "Girls" by The Prodigy. A totally awful video.

Any generic video which is just showing the band singing the song. That gets boring within the three seconds that it takes me to realize it's one of Those Videos.

Sisqo's unleash the dragon. The less said the better.

And really if you want to think about it, Thong Song. I mean the guy has the hit of the summer about women in thongs and the guy comes out with a video of him dancing on a crowd and flipping in the sand. WHAT THE FUCK.

But yeah...Unleash the Dragon was horrible. Then when you hear about how much money it cost...its even worse.

If you can do something interesting with it, or at least something different like White Stripes' "Seven Nation Army". But most of the time it just signifies that the video's makers couldn't come up with any idea for that video other than just showing the band playing the song.

Fair enough. I see what you're saying. I just saw it as a way to not delve into any ridiculous cliches like the ones we rattled off in the other thread, and still trying to make something with artistic merit. "Every Breath You Take" was a lot of band playing song but it's hailed as one of the best.

I was thinking of boring shite like Creed's videos, which are nothing but a badly faked stage show.

And oh yeah, worst video ever: any Missy Elliott video, especially "Work It". Missy is truly a superhero, and her superpower is the ability to instantly kill any erection.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
And oh yeah, worst video ever: any Missy Elliott video, especially "Work It". Missy is truly a superhero, and her superpower is the ability to instantly kill any erection.

Missy Elliot is one of the rare women who can either look really good, or really bad. She has no in-between.

Any video which is just the band faking a live show.

I have no problem with a band playing their instruments and stuff in the video, but when the video is just them pretending to be live, when it's obviously not, it pisses me right off.

N'Sync-I drive myself crazy. A failed attempt at humor

Any Blink 182 Video-Speaking of failed attempts at humor...

Chunky A-Aaaaaaaw. From the mind of Arseno Hall.

Limp Bizkit-Rollin'. I'm honestly surprised this wasn't included yet

Boners aren't really the sole criteria for video quality. I generally like Missy Elliott videos, though the "MY VIDEOS ARE WEIRD" thing had gotten fairly old by This Is Not A Test!

For being a remarkable band, Interpol has some dull fuckin' videos. The recent one for "Evil" with the retarded puppet takes the cake.

For being a remarkable band, Interpol has some dull fuckin' videos. The recent one for "Evil" with the retarded puppet takes the cake.

Dude, that video fuckin' rules. Then again, i love weird videos, but that's just me

Sonic Youth- A Girl called Goo

Basically a home video of a recording of the song playing while Kim Gordon acts retarded.

TLC- Waterfalls

This was hyped like the second coming of Christ. Abyss creatures doing jerky-ass dances. Awesome.

Twisted Sister- We're not gonna take it.

Usually I have a thing for cheesy 80's videos, even if I hate cheesy 80's songs (the Def Leppard video where the sword turns into a flying V guitar being the ultimate) but for some reason this song and this video just piss me right off.

Any Creed video is so pretentious it's almost funny. and then you remember the twat got rich doing this and you get pissed.

The worst video of all time MUST be meatloaf's "I would do anything for love (but I won't do that)" You know the song's bad just from the title, so let's not talk about the song and it's stupid fucking lyrics. The video is completely overblown and unoriginal and obvious, it's also about as long as Das Boot. It is by far the worst video ever.

There was a video on Beavis and BUTT-Head one time where the whole video was a bath tub being filled up, and one of the little tiles was replaced with a tiny little screen that showed the band performing or something.

For being a remarkable band, Interpol has some dull fuckin' videos.  The recent one for "Evil" with the retarded puppet takes the cake.

Dude, that video fuckin' rules. Then again, i love weird videos, but that's just me

Image-wise, it's fine. The awkwardness of it all coupled with the rhythm of how it's shot doesn't go with the music at all, though.

Radiohead - Just

Simply because we never find out what the guy says at the end. :(

What the fuck? That's the point, that's actually one of my favourite videos.

Any video with the stupid cliched party scene, where the band's jumping up near a pool or in a living room at someone's house playing shitty music. The worst is when once the song slows done for the big end chorus you see various hot chicks and geeks in the crowd (mainly pop punk this) repeating a certain phrase over and over. The worst is the fact that they all try to look TUFF while saying it but their involvement in the video kills that regardless.

And oh yeah, worst video ever: any Missy Elliott video, especially "Work It".  Missy is truly a superhero, and her superpower is the ability to instantly kill any erection.

Missy Elliot is one of the rare women who can either look really good, or really bad. She has no in-between.

Unless you are a chubby chaser.....there is no reason to expect an erection. It's not she is a no-talent generic skinny R&B singer that only does videos in a bikini top. The Missy videos with the superhero theme rule, especially, the Mega Man one.

There was a video on Beavis and BUTT-Head one time where the whole video was a bath tub being filled up, and one of the little tiles was replaced with a tiny little screen that showed the band performing or something.

It's that The Cars "You Might Think" or whathaveyou?

Any Creed video is so pretentious it's almost funny. and then you remember the twat got rich doing this and you get pissed.

That reminds me; the video for "My Sacrifice" always pissed me off. Not because of the reasons you mentioned, but because it was so bad, I get angry just thinking about it

There's a Pavement music video ("Stereo" I think? definitely something off of the second two albums) that's like that, but I don't think that's the one you're looking for.

The Pixies videos are lame outside of the promotion video for "Debaser," which is potentially lame, but for some reason I enjoy it quite a bit.

Oh, and you're mixed up -- Meat Loaf's videos are the best music videos ever, not the worst, silly.

I saw Menswear's video for 'Sleeping In' the other day. It should be pointed out the their singer was wearing the Libertines-trademarked red legionnaire's jacket. Interesting...