TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest free napkins

"The End is Near"

Guest free napkins

I like that song ... who sings it? I remember hearing it somewhere else ... but anyways ... to make this discussable ...

The nWo is scheduled to 'debut' at the PPV. If you were in charge, how would you re-introduce them on the PPV?

Guest Kahran Ramsus

I would have a mass beatdown on them by Jericho, Benoit, Austin, Storm, and every other ex-WCW wrestler that Hogan & Company screwed over.

Then I would have Vince come out and publicly fire their asses, live on PPV.

Guest Kinetic

The song's originally by the Doors, but I don't know who does the bastardized version the WWF uses every other pay per view.

I'm clueless as to how to bring the nWo in in a way that will warrant the "poison" moniker without ruining the whole show.  Something involving Scott Hall and an open keg ought to do the trick.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Isn't that the same song that is played at the end of Apocalpyse Now?  They sound similar.

Guest dreamer420

Maybe the nWo is going to ruin the entire show.  As soon as No Way Out goes on air have Hogan, Nash, Hall stagger out to the ring to cut a promo and then during all the matches on the card they could have some kind impact.  Maybe show them backstage doing Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who will run in during the match

Guest Kinetic

That would be both hilarious and infuriating.  I'd only endorse that if the WWF was contractually obligated to give me a refund immediately after the show ended.  Oh, and maybe a Jericho t-shirt.  I've always wanted one of those.

Guest Slapnuts00

They certainly getting a lot of mielage out of that song aren't they? It's a WWFized version of "The End" by the Doors.

It's hard to really write how the nWo should debut. Everything I think of isn't good enough, and usually I can outthink the WWF with just about every stroyline and match they've done (can't we all?).

The best I could come up with is have Vince introduce the show with an interview (its not like the midcard is that compelling anyway) basically hyping the nWo. Have Hall and Nash enter from the crowd just for no reason at some point, suring an unimportant match, infact I'd have it done for Edge vs. Regal since there is NO ending that would work for this one, if Edge wins the IC title again we're just going in circles, if Regal wins then Edge's chase is meaningless. Anyway have them just destroy the 2 guys powerbomb, Razor edge, standard fare. Have them make an announcement that they are here, and give a vague announcement about interfering in the main event.

In the main event have Austin in the WOJ, Vince can order for the bell to be rung. Then Hall and Nash can run out. Anticipating this, Triple H and the Rock run out and them and Austin outnumber the Outsiders, (Jericho is on the outside) Hogan can make his grand entrance while they're fighting (hopefully using Voodoo Chile...like to see WWF shell out the rights for a rock song more than 2 months old and actually GOOD, but I disgress), he hits them all with baseball bats, powerbombs and edges for everyone. Hogan finishes Austin with a Legdrop, they all get spraypayed nWo. Rock and Triple H limp back with help, Austin is kept in the ring, down and is legdropped several times by Hogan. Jericho can come back into the ring at this point, endorsed by the nWo. Hogan has the mic and gives one of his early nWo propoganda heel speeches, Hall and Nash hold Austin up as Hogan gets in his face and slaps him. For effect have Trip and Rock try to run back in but theyre already too weak and get beat down by the Outsiders and Jericho again. Hogan throws Austin down and legdrops him one final time as debris fills the ring and the PPV ends with the nWo music.

Thats the best I can do. It would screw up what they have planned for Wrestlmania though. (although the way their booking has been going lately it wouldnt make a difference)

Guest Tony149

About the music the WWF re-did from The Doors....the WWF always does a good job using that music for a video package ie. Armageddon 2000.

Guest RickyChosyu

I would agree with having them come out durring Edge/Regal. That match is played, and no one really cares about it at this point. Wait until the crowd is sitting on their hands from one of Regal's rest-holds and have Hall (and maybe Nash) just saunter down from the crowd and destroy both guys.

I have to think they'll interfere in the Undisputed Title match, too, and have Jericho join up. Then they can have Rock, HHH, and Flair run out to try and stop them, and it can all build to a double main-event at mania with Austin/Rock/Flair Vs. Hogan/Hall/Nash as the semi, and HHH Vs. Jericho as the main.

Guest Kinetic

How many times have they used it now, though?  Armageddon, Survivor Series 2K1, and now No Way Out.  I think there was another one in there, too.  They need to find another apocalyptic song to dramatize things.

Guest JT IceFire

The WWF's "End Is Near" song actually sounds nothing like the Doors epic "The End".

Guest Kinetic

That's what I thought.  What was THAT the end of?  You wouldn't think a show where the main event is dubbed "The Inaugural Brawl" would warrant "The End."

Guest Tony149

"The End is Near" has only been used for Armageddon 2000, Survivor Series 2k1. I'm not sure if they'll use it in the opening package for No Way Out.

Guest Jobber of the Week

Nah, it wasn't used in Invasion. It's only really got one lyric and I have it in MP3. It's an okay song, better than most by WWF standards. When was it used for Survivor Series? I never heard it used for that, unless they only aired it on the actual PPV, in which case I didn't get to see it, being a DTV subscriber and all.

Guest erotic jesus

The WWF song has nothing to do with The Doors song.  I mean, it is certainly inspired by it, but it is not a cover, or anything like that.

The Doors' "The End", is an epic, and if you want to hear a bastardized cover of it, download the Days Of The New version...

But back to wrestling, I personally think that Vince should have never announced exactly who was in the nWo, and who would be at No Way Out.  That way it would have been a lot more surprising, especially if they had taken measures to keep the signing of Hogan under raps...

I mean, a lot of people might have expected Hall and Nash, but who would have ever thought it would be Hogan?

Guest TheHulkster

I sure hope they don't just have Hogan, Hall, and Nash run in and cost Austin the belt. That's been done to death. If they look back to what made the nWo work originally, how wcw knew that this was a huge angle, and threw all the standard wrestling cliches out the window, then it might work.