TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kkktookmybabyaway

Question about black people...

I just tell them no whenever they ask if they can axe me a question.

-=Mike

People punch you alot, don't they?

Nope.

If somebody can't speak properly, they can go merrily fuck off. I do the same when white trash pulls that shit.

-=Mike

Wow, and I thought only liberals were supposed to be condescending :lol:

If you're a moron, you're a moron. It's not my fault.

-=Mike

But the fucking president says "acks". You always argue he's NOT a moron. What is the difference?

I've never once heard him pull off an "axe" or "acks".

-=Mike

...And, unlike the GED brigade who tends to say it, he actually DOES have intellectual credentials...

which makes it worse, doesn't it? I bet the GED brigade has never claimed to be a little girl from Texas either.

Guest MikeSC

They probably do --- but you can't hear them over the noise of the grease in the McDonald's fry cooker than they're running.

-=Mike

...I can only imagine how you'd come across if you're every word was covered by the press ---- or, hell, invented out of thin air by the press...

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=the

You know this thread has hit rock bottom when someone busts out a dictionary.com link  B-)

Even so, how does mis-pronouncing a word make you appear to be a dumbass as you said?

The latter makes you sound like a complete dumbass while the former is at least their changing one letter instead of substituting a word that has an entirely different context and meaning.

Like Ripper said, it's not like you're changing the word, and actually saying you want to 'axe' someone a question. But it just sounds like acks. So a letter was added, and one was in the wrong place, yes that's deathly more terrible then screwing up one letter in a word. ;)

Are people with speech impediments necessarily stupid? If a freakin rocket scientist doesn't pronounce a word right...does it really make him appear any more stupid? If you actually believe that..then wow.

Guest MikeSC

If you do it CONSTANTLY (I've never heard a person who uses "axe" regularly for "ask" who doesn't fuck up a LOT of words) --- then, yes, you sound like a fucking moron.

-=Mike

The press didn't make him stare in a camera and mutter the phrase: "cain't be be fooled 'gin."

Bottomline is, according to your shit earlier, if President Bush came up to you to and started talking you should be walking off and call him a moron. But of course thats not the case, which means you either a: Know bush is a moron and just sticking around for the hell of it or B: you are admitting that your previous statment that people that don't correctly enunciate words in the english language are idiots isn't true. Can't have it both ways.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=the

You know this thread has hit rock bottom when someone busts out a dictionary.com link 

You might be right...but you have to admit...I danced out of that murderer/running traffic lights thing! :headbang:

And just to add, I don't think that George Bush is a moron. I think he is quite intellegent, but goddamn, someone needs to kick his English teachers ass. You can't say "hey look at the smart president" and then say "ANYONE that says words incorrectly is a moron" in the same breath.

Ripper has been exceptionally angry today though

Drank my 40 earlier today.

*pours liquor to the curb*

Ta Da!

MAKE THE PIE HIGHER

by George W. Bush

I think we all agree, the past is over.

This is still a dangerous world.

It's a world of madmen and uncertainty

and potential mental losses.

Rarely is the question asked

Is our children learning?

Will the highways of the Internet become more few?

How many hands have I shaked?

They misunderestimate me.

I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity.

I know that the human being and the fish can coexist.

Families is where our nation finds hope, where our wings take dream.

Put food on your family!

Knock down the tollbooth!

Vulcanize society!

Make the pie higher! Make the pie higher!

Guest MikeSC
The press didn't make him stare in a camera and mutter the phrase: "cain't be be fooled 'gin."

Bottomline is, according to your shit earlier, if President Bush came up to you to and started talking you should be walking off and call him a moron.

And if all I had was just his statements, yup, he would qualify. Fortunately, he has much, much more than that.

But of course thats not the case, which means you either a: Know bush is a moron and just sticking around for the hell of it or B: you are admitting that your previous statment that people that don't correctly enunciate words in the english language are idiots isn't true.  Can't have it both ways. 

Nope. Bush has more than just his words to prove his intellect. The morons who say "axe" tend to have more than just their words to reinforce how sub-moronic they are.

-=Mike

Don't tell me Mike just used the "Ain't is too a word, it's in the dictionary" thing that 5th graders use against their English teachers. I'm afraid to look.

Saying you're going to axe a question is stupid though. And it's not like saying "the," and it rhymes with "huh." It'd be like saying "teh," which is only acceptable in messge board parlance.

Oddly enough I can't think of anything for this thread. I really wish I could since Ripper has gone on a race rant.

Oh well.

Wait... I have one, why is it that I seem some black people trying to look cool while riding their bike or walking?

Edit: I see wiggers doing this too though.

"Look at him eatin' chicken. He loves it... just like it said in the encyclopedia"

But that's my favorite black stereotype. Especially because I see it happen so many times during the course of my week.

One of my other favorite stereotype is, "All black people are Democrats, and those that aren't are uncle toms."

Guest MikeSC
Don't tell me Mike just used the "Ain't is too a word, it's in the dictionary" thing that 5th graders use against their English teachers. I'm afraid to look.

Saying you're going to axe a question is stupid though. And it's not like saying "the," and it rhymes with "huh." It'd be like saying "teh," which is only acceptable in messge board parlance.

Blame the dictionary. Don't blame me. It's not good grammar, but it is technically a word. An "axe" is something you use to chop wood. It is not a request for information.

Oh, Ok. So when enough people start saying axe it'll be ok. Just like ain't and nucular.

No. It'll just show that our public education system is the joke I've been saying it is for a while now.

-=Mike

Guest Vitamin X
bush_axe.jpg

What if they say ain't? That's more egregious a bastardization than axe.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=ain%27t

-=Mike

I hope you realize that dictionary.com also defines slang words...

In fact, if you look at that very link:

ain't Nonstandard

1. Contraction of am not.

2. Used also as a contraction for are not, is not, has not, and have not.

:o Shocking! It's NOT a standard word!

And ironically enough, on the very same website-

ax v. ax·ed, ax·ing, ax·es Nonstandard

Variant of ask.

Our Living Language Ax, a common nonstandard variant of ask, is often identified as an especially salient feature of African American Vernacular English. While it is true that the form is frequent in the speech of African Americans, it used to be common in the speech of white Americans as well, especially in New England. This should not be surprising since ax is a very old word in English, having been used in England for over 1,000 years. In Old English we find both scian and csian, and in Middle English both asken and axen. Moreover, the forms with cs or x had no stigma associated with them. Chaucer used asken and axen interchangeably, as in the lines "I wol aske, if it hir will be/To be my wyf" and "Men axed hym, what sholde bifalle," both from The Canterbury Tales. The forms in x arose from the forms in sk by a linguistic process called metathesis, in which two sounds are reversed. The x thus represents (ks), the flipped version of (sk). Metathesis is a common linguistic process around the world and does not arise from a defect in speaking. Nevertheless, ax has become stigmatized as substandarda fate that has befallen other words, like ain't, that were once perfectly acceptable in literate circles.

Well then!

Oh, and did anyone else LOL at Mike claiming Bush's "intellectual credentials" (Daddy putting you through Yale and fucking it up with a barely above average GPA from partying too hard doesn't count)

Bottomline is, according to your shit earlier, if President Bush came up to you to and started talking you should be walking off and call him a moron.

And if all I had was just his statements, yup, he would qualify. Fortunately, he has much, much more than that.

But of course thats not the case, which means you either a: Know bush is a moron and just sticking around for the hell of it or B: you are admitting that your previous statment that people that don't correctly enunciate words in the english language are idiots isn't true.  Can't have it both ways. 

Nope. Bush has more than just his words to prove his intellect. The morons who say "axe" tend to have more than just their words to reinforce how sub-moronic they are.

-=Mike

Can I just say, I find it hard to believe that you say every word in the english language with the correct pronounciation, and the correct 'dialect'.

And you're pretty much saying, with everything that comes out of Bush's mouth ('his statements') he sounds like an idiot. But, because he's "much, much more" he's not.

And how do you know the people you claim to walk away from when they don't pronounce a word correctly are "much, much more"? You said the people who tend to say "axe" usually have more to reinforce that they are morons. Like what? Their clothing, the fact they eat chicken (just pulling random stereotypes from the thread here). Because I missed the part where the people who can't pronounce all words right (some even doing on purpose...) are automatically morons.

Your intelligence is about more then just way you speak, which is what you said about Bush. So what makes you say these people you're talking about are morons? (well...unless of course it's someone you know, and you know for a fact they're a moron, then of course, yea it would be acceptable to call them idiots..but youre making a general statement.)

Hmm, I had a friend when I was younger that was attacked by a dog when he was three years old. As a result, his lips were torn up and he spoke with a lisp because of it. Never knew he was an idiot because he couldn't speak clearly.

Hot damn, Axe is about 800 years older than ain't, itself aprox 200 years old. That makes it 4 times better!

PWNED~!

pwned pooned or PUH-nowned: nonstandard word,

Meanings

1: Owned

What about y'all, or ending sentences in prespositions? My pet peeves are using adjectives in place of adverbs and idear (idea). Oh, and Supposably instead of supposedly, admittably instead of admittedly you get the idea.

I never have taken someone using these words or phrases as a sign of lack of intelligence. It's just how people around them talked when they grew up.

P.S. Ain't ain't a word.

"Look at him eatin' chicken. He loves it... just like it said in the encyclopedia"

But that's my favorite black stereotype. Especially because I see it happen so many times during the course of my week.

It's a rather harmless stereotype, and I don't think it's necessarily true, but a disproportiate number of employees and customers I tend to see at my local KFC are black.

Oh, Ok. So when enough people start saying axe it'll be ok. Just like ain't and nucular.

I don't think "ain't" is acceptable

Nobody cares about "nucular," though. I pronounce it that way because my family, teachers, and virtually everyone in my region does.

It's a rather harmless stereotype, and I don't think it's necessarily true, but a disproportiate number of employees and customers I tend to see at my local KFC are black.

Popeye's is worse. They only hire country black folks.