TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Albums coming out later this year

Haven't started a thread in a while on the music boards, but hey, what the hell. Anyways, anyone anticipating any albums coming out later this year. Well, here are mine:

-Current 93-Black Ships Ate the Sky

-DJ Spooky and Dave Lombardo-Drums of Death-Yes, you read that right. DJ Spooky and Slayer Drummer Dave Lombardo will be releasing an album together this year. It comes out on April 26th, and will feature a few Public Enemy Covers, a track featuring Chuck D called "B-Side Wins Again"(Which was produced by Jack Dangers, aka Meat Beat Manifesto), and Living Colour guitarist Vernon Reid.

AFX(Aphex Twin)-Analord-This is currently being released as a Vinyl EP series, though it should be hitting CD sometime this year. It's suspossed to sound alot like his earlier materieal (ie Digeridoo, the old Caustic Window eps)

There are a bunch coming up pretty soon that I'm really interested in.

Clutch-Robot Hive/Exodus

System of a Down-Mesmerize and Hyponotize

Turbonegro-Party Animals

Meshuggah-Catch 33

Bloodhound Gang-Hefty Fine

Hellacopters-Rock n Roll is Dead

There are a bunch coming up pretty soon that I'm really interested in.

Clutch-Robot Hive/Exodus

Bloodhound Gang-Hefty Fine

I'll be getting both of those along with the new Tool album whenever the fuck it gets released. And the new Audioslave, because I'm a Chris Cornell mark.

Sentenced--The Funeral Album

That's the only one I'm planning on getting so far...I'll have to wait and see on System Of A Down and Disturbed.

Tech N9ne - Everready:The Religion

Twiztid - Man, Myth & Mutant or Man's Myth Vol.1

Esham - A-1 Yola

Insane Clown Posse - The Calm

Guest Vitamin X

Not sure bout what else, but I already pre-ordered (and came with a free t-shirt!) System of a Down's Mesmerize portion, Hyponotize will obviously be another one I'd want to make..

The new Dalek and Busdriver CDs just recently came out... earlier this year they were coming our later this year, so I feel it still pertains.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Nile's new one. If it does anything but completely cave in my skull, it'll be a disappointment.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

He didn't like the new Cephalic Carnage either. What's his problem?

Guest Agent of Oblivion

By the way, does it pick up where the last one left off in terms of sound, or did they foolishly go in a different direction when they were building momentum?

Lesser use of the Egyptian sound, found less in songs, more on individual interlude tracks. Maybe he got sick of it after his solo album. The sound is just about as crushing as ever.

I'll probably buy the Ryan Adams country-ish album. That's all I can really predict.

I was going to buy the new Daft Punk album also if I hadn't heard all the tracks and been intensely disappointed. It's seriously mediocre at best. Sad face.

ICP question...did they ever do anything with their 6 Cards of Doom gimmick or whatever it was? I had all of them up to the Jekel Brothers when I decided I no longer liked ICP and sold them all off...

Other than Tool's new album that suppose to be out this year, nothing has caught my eye.

Apparently Dave Mustaine is releasing his solo album this year as well, but I haven't heard anything from that yet.

ICP question...did they ever do anything with their 6 Cards of Doom gimmick or whatever it was? I had all of them up to the Jekel Brothers when I decided I no longer liked ICP and sold them all off...

In short...they pulled a WCW with it. It never happened. The last 2 joker's cards (2 versions of the 6th) mentioned nothing of it. And this new CD has nothing to do with it. They have some sort of alien gimmick going with this CD i think.

As far as the god thing. It's hard to explain. But in short yes the big secret was that they were teaching you about god through horror music. Drawing in these goth kids or whatever with the blood and guts and teaching them values and such without them even knowing it, by sneaking messages and stuff into songs. I must say, IMO, they did a good job.

But to the casual ICP, they hated it cuz ICP wasn't funny anymore. fags.