TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rob E Dangerously

Student doing oral report on Tony Danza gets a

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PEO...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

Danza surprises student with class visit

ALLENDALE, Mich. (AP) -- Tony Danza, whose resume includes stints as a boxer, an actor and a talk show host, can now add visual aid to the list. He surprised a Grand Valley State University student on Wednesday by dropping in on one of her classes to watch her presentation about ... him.

When visiting professor Gisella Gisolo assigned each student in her Italian II class to make final oral presentations about the Italian-American whom he or she most admires, Beth Murawsky chose to make hers about Danza.

Murawsky, 22, contacted producers from his television talk show seeking photographs and background information. What she didn't know was that the producers then contacted Gisolo to arrange for the surprise visit to the class, which was captured on video and is to air May 4 on Danza's syndicated program.

Danza, who turned 54 on Thursday, was dressed casually in black pants and a gray Grand Valley State sweat shirt. He watched as Murawsky nervously gave her presentation in Italian, which Danza speaks.

"There was so much going on," she told the Grand Haven Tribune. "I was a little nervous because, what if I got my facts wrong?"

Before leaving, Danza spoke briefly about his Italian heritage and asked students about their backgrounds. He stressed the importance of learning each others' ethnic cultures and passing along the information to future generations.

Before Danza left, his producers gave the students one last surprise. New Jersey travel agent Steve Perillo showed up to announce that each of them will receive a free trip to Rome.

Cool move by Danza

Never really gave much thought to Danza before, but showing up to this girl's presentation AND giving all of the students a trip to Rome to boot is pretty damn classy.

Never really gave much thought to Danza before, but showing up to this girl's presentation AND giving all of the students a trip to Rome to boot is pretty damn classy.

I was watching his talk show one morning, and he gave everyone in the audience a portable DVD player.