TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

Orton

Yeah, how can you possibly say that Orton's been jobbed out to where he has no heat, and then tout Christian as an alternative? Orton's lost to a couple of the most established and respected wrestlers on the rosters on major PPVs. Christian's 4-14 on Raw this year.

It's true that Batista demolished Orton on Raw, but if they use the shoulder as a reason, have Orton point it out, and go fuck up Batista so he's not 100%. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be a credible challenger for the belt. Remember, he's not going to be back for months yet, so it's not like the length of the Raw match will be burned into anyone's memory. It will be as distant as Orton's win over Batista seems now.

The thing is, they actually have solid backstory for a feud. They used to be in a stable together. Orton got kicked out, tried to take down the stable and failed. Then Batista chose to leave the stable and managed to pretty much destroy it. Thus, Orton's inherently jealous of Batista and wants a piece of him to begin with.

Furthermore, Batista took Orton's shoulder which he knew was injured and bashed it ito the ringpost repeatedly, causing Orton to miss three months. Orton wants to avenge that and show that hes able to beat Batista when he's at 100%. I think that they could get a minimum of two months of solid feuding out of that, and maybe even longer if they play their cards right.

I don't see why everyone's hating on the "legend killer" gimmick either. He's not Goldberg or Brock Lesnar. He doesn't need to be undefeated. His gimmick is that he's a cocky young punk who wants to take down the veterans to build his reputation. Sometimes he manages it, sometimes he doesn't. He's not the legend that can't lose, he's the legend killer that picks up big wins. If you want a heel other than HHH to get the title, I think that Orton's a way better candidate than Edge or Christian.

Orton should be fired right before hes about ready to come back from injury.

Have Cena squash him in a few PPV matches.

Spice things up a little bit... have Funaki squash him on a few PPV's.

...and people wonder why this folder gets shit on?

Seriously, neither of those replies added anything to this topic. All they did was run away anyone whom thought about trying to have a serious discussion in this thread. Even if the thread has been done before. Even if no one currently seems to care about Orton. What's the point?

Post Count +1! Yay!

Coffey Bitch About The State Of The WWE Folder #5489B didn't add anything either, so kindly go fuck yourself.

Guest Super Pissed Smark

They should bring him back as a male prostitute and have him do a bunch of tricks.

Now that's a gimmick.

I don't see why everyone's hating on the "legend killer" gimmick either. He's not Goldberg or Brock Lesnar. He doesn't need to be undefeated. His gimmick is that he's a cocky young punk who wants to take down the veterans to build his reputation. Sometimes he manages it, sometimes he doesn't. He's not the legend that can't lose, he's the legend killer that picks up big wins. If you want a heel other than HHH to get the title, I think that Orton's a way better candidate than Edge or Christian.

Given the choice between Triple H and Randy Orton, I will choose Triple H every time.

I agree Orton vs Batista is the next logical step. Its a self-made angle.

I just don't give a fuck about Orton or Batista....so i think it sucks.

Given the choice between Triple H and Randy Orton, I will choose Triple H every time.

Based upon what I've heard about the guy (and since what I've heard has been from, largely, internet sources, even though Meltz himself might be one of them, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that the stories / rumors COULD be true), I just don't like Orton as a person. He seems immature and foolish.

Based upon what I've seen of him as a worker, I'm not overly thrilled with his gimmick or ring ability, though I don't find him offensive in either regard, at least not when he's being rammed down our throat. I think he's a much better worker, or at the least, is more easily carried by a better worker, than a guy like Cena. Who I actually DO like as a person.

But for me it all goes back to the same arguments I was making in the Orton / Taker thread around Mania. The WWE is in a position where they NEED to build new stars. And by that I don't mean guys like Shelton, who might help the midcard, but TOP stars, guys who can lead the company in the next few years. They've placed Batista & Cena in that position now, but Cena is the only one of those two with any long term potential (if he doesn't get his legs cut out from under him due to politics), largely because of Dave's age and very real possibility that Dave's push will be aborted for the usual reasons (i.e. HHH).

With Orton, they have an opportunity to build up a new superstar. It didn't work out so well in the fall, though I wouldn't place most of the blame on Orton for that. But if they really want to make new, YOUNG stars, than Orton is one of the better choices available.

I don't much even like the guy, as I've said, but even I can recognize that it's just not good business to make him a jobber or not make the effort to truly have him break through. I'd take him over HHH any day, if for no other reason than HHH no longer has the ability to carry the WWE. If wrestling truly is in a cycle, he is absolutely NOT the one who's going to pull them out of it - a guy like Orton might be able to help speed things up to bring about the next boom.