TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Metal comments

Guest TheBostonStrangler

Reid, my best advice is to watch some real wrestling matches before you write your matches. Personally, I love watching the TLC matches for triple threats and the like, since they do an incredible job of effective transistions, setting up spots, etc. For a single man match, I either watch UT/Kane from WM14, Bret Hart/Owen Hart from WM10, Bret Hart/Steve Austin from WM13, or Stone Cold/HBK from WM14. Those matches are all incredibly done. Just listen to the commentary, watch the transistions, and take them to heart. If you can do a few things right, then your match will do great. In no particular order, here are the things I deem to be important to a match. This isn't just for Reid, but for everyone who might have me as a marker:

- Flow: Probably the most important thing. If the match doesn't have a flow or rhythm to it, then it has a very bad chance at coming out on top.

- Realism: Not as important, but you need to stay true to a character.

- Variety: You can't do the same things again and again in a match. Come up with different combos, different setups, etc.

- Strong finish: Like Ash said, you have to have a good finish. Without a finish, a match just can't cut it. For example, when LDP and I were fighting for the World Title, he wrote a superior match to mine, but ended it badly, and cost himself the chance to win. The ending is the most important part of the match, and it's the last part that a marker would read. It has to be good.

- Evenness: Try not to put your own character over too much against the other. Now, if you're a lot stronger and bigger than the other character, it's different, but you need to have a balanced match.

- Vocab/Grammar: I really hate matches where people use the same way to describe someone getting punched each time. Word has a Thesaurus in it. Use it to your advantage. And if you aren't the best at grammar, then take the time to proofread.

- Commentary: This can put a solid match over the top. I was never great at writing wrestling, but I was pretty good with commentary, and that helped me a lot. Use it to push angles, use it to add emphasis to certain parts of the match, and make some jokes. A serious match needs a little comic relief every now and then.

- Blatant sucking up to the marker: VERY important. In my marking system, you get 34 points for every insult directed at the following:

- the Yankees

- the Lakers

- Brimstone

- Canada

And never mind that my point system doesn't actually mean anything! Just insult them! NOW!

Guest Insanityman

Strangler basically said everything that I thought but I was too lazy to type out. Decent show guys first off.

Lakers and the Yankees suck! *Realizes the girl he likes is from Canada* and Brimstone's ego is bigger than a big thing! Ooooohhh they got told. ;).

Well Frost wins again surprise, surprise *sarcasm*.

Guest Renegade

Well after reading through metal more carefully, congrats to all the winners, the show was a big improvement compared to last Crimson. ALL matches have been carefully read, all i need is Crimson and the new JL'er of the week shall be decided.

Oh btw Frost, im thinking about taking you out of JL'er of the week this time, people might think this is rigged or something :)

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I had so many typos in that Metal match, if you did give it to me, I would think it was rigged. However I am honored to have won the SJL'er of the week award twice in a row. It's no Euro title, but it's a damn close honor.

Sign in to follow this