TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Metal comments

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Cool show, comment away. By the way Renegade, with your random cameo in my match, I better get JL'er of the week, or at least runner-up. ;)

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

By the way: my comments.

I'm sleepy, so I'll sum this up with two quick sentences.

Tod and Danny: This storyline of our's rules all.

Tom: Congrats on the surprise swerve, and gaining back your gold.

Snoochie boochies.

Guest Muzz

Sorry, I'm already going to be JL'er of the week.

I really like this Tod/Danny/TNT business. Rockin', yo.

New Champ yet again, a new name to boot.

Guest Renegade

(Y) i gots me a cameo! Renegade in a buisness suit?meh....at least i gots me cameo (Y)

More detailed comments will be posted after i read the show in more detail

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Yeah, I said it on the show thread, but let me just hammer it home again: Tod, TNT, and Deathwish have, over the past MONTH, yes, a whole month, slowly crafted and evolved a really awesome angle between the three of them.  I hope you've been following along, because it just really hit high gear, and I can't wait for the payoff.  These are the things that make me keep coming back, making cards at 3 AM.  

Oh, and the rest of the show was good too, specially the world title match and Frost's character attitude.  But you knew that.

/end LDP thievery

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I have to go back with a strong cup of coffee and a few hours to kill to wrap my brain around everything that happened on this show. From what I've scanned over and gathered, we all could give the WWE writing department a good run for their money.

Also in looking back over my match, you can tell I didn't have enough time to proofread before work tonight. I'm really disappointed in myself for those many typos, but it seems that the storyline still got across well, which I am happy about.

Guest realitycheck

Awake, awake, the day doth break! So I guess I read SJL shows and drink cola in a fantastic start to my morning.

Anyway, A nice Metal by everone. With the quality of the writing, and so many so evenly matched, it is very hard to tell exactly who no-showed where.

Right, comments... Well, Frost continues to destroy the under/mid-card, despite jobbing himself. I will sheepishly admit that I only skimmed the TNT/deKindes/Deathwish menagerie before this, but I'll be sure to catch up on it. Still, a nice turn I didn't see coming. I have to wonder where this will lead though, hmm... (Psst... XF9 needs a water boy! Ash is getting tired of me drinking it all the time.)

Also, WHEE! I finally won one! Damn well took long enough. I was okayish eith how I felt about my match, I could of built better suspence, had a couple more near falls, and I didn't want to cut my 'jump-rope' spot, but such is the word limit. Flexxx, please, tell me you wrote. TELL ME YOU WROTE.

In the same vein as TNT's turn, I didn't see Tom's coming. Well, not really turn, as much as finally joining the Clan. I guess with all the time he hung around Shawn Brody, you king of got used to Tom not joining the Clan... But it's especially embarrasing, seeing as Thoth reffed and all. If THAT isn't a dead give-away...

All-in-all, nice show.

-Z

Who still didn't get his stupid promo done....

Guest Coffin Surfer

My match lost.  Why I'm I not surprised.  Its now offical, Iam the Cutthroat of the upper midcard. Why the hell do I even have the Euro Title?  Tod had a way better match this time IMO.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Don't worry, Deathwish.  For dubbing yourself the Cutthroat of the upper-midcard in comical self-deprecating fashion, you earn my esteem.

Now, for the bra and panties matches!

Guest Insane Clown Dan

No, Z, sorry I didn't turn in a match. I was 2400 words closer to finishing my match (i had a short beginning and all of the end done), but those stupid fucking nazis at my school kept on bothering me to get off the computer whenever i had free time.

If it makes you feel any better Z, i'll finish my match and post it.

Guest Longdogger_Pete

Lurker's Notes: Good stuff from the winners.  Frost is picking up steam quickly as he gets closer to his European title goal.  The TNT/Tod/Danny angle is pure gold.  And Tom Flesher turns Clan.  I saw that coming, though at first I thought the entire "New Sound" was going to become the "New Clan."  Oh yeah, and "Deathwish" Danny Williams just became the only multiple-time holder of the JL European title not named LDP.

Marker's Notes: Mak Francis edged out Scott Reid this time, though Reid's match was good too.  ("Who's Craven Morehead?"  "I guess you are!")  Mafia and Poisyn both no showed; the segment that made it into the show was written by Poisyn at the last minute (at least he didn't write a haiku).

Historian's Notes: A second World title win for Flesher propels him back into the #2 spot.  Nobody new on the list today, but a couple of guys are close.  Hey, why is the entire New Sound tied with each other?

Rankings Top Ten

#1. Ash Ketchum (52)

#2. "The Superior One" Tom Flesher (34)

#3. Xero (32)

#4. Sydney Sky (31)

#5. Insane Luchador (30)

#6. (tie) Flunkmasta Flexxx (26)

#6. (tie) Mafia (26)

#6. (tie) Poisyn (26)

#9. Frost (16)

#10. (tie) Kojack (15)

#10. (tie) Z (15)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Bwa?!  I lost?!?  Wow... I had so much confidence in my match.  It just seemed perfect to me for an opener minus a little cutting for the word limit.

I also had an awesome set of promos to set up a match between Scott/TNT for the TV title if I won.  Sadly, I didn't.

Here's my match.  Oh match, why must you lose?  You were gold.

SJL Metal May 15, 2002

#1 Contender’s Match to the TV Title: Scott Reid vs. “The Franchise” Mak Francis (Scott’s match)

We come back on air and go straight to the Smarks Tron with Ben Hardy and Scott Reid, ready in his ring attire.  Ben holds his microphone dearly as if he’d lose his job if he lost it... and he probably would.

Ben: I’m standing here next to Scott Reid, the man who is about to go face “The Franchise” Mak Francis for a shot at the Smark’s Television Title!  Scott...

Ben tilts the mic to Scott after giving him a good start.

Scott: That’s Mister Reid to you, son.

Scott grabs the mic.

Scott: Now I’ve come all the way out here to TAMPA, FLORIDA...

The fans nearly take off the roof in cheers!

Edwin: I didn’t think heels could do cheap pops...

Axis: Shush.

...Scott kills the fans’ joy ever so quickly.

Scott: This god-forsaken town...

Ah yes, here come the boos.

Scott: I’ve come here to face the man I defeated exactly one week ago.  Mak, you’re looking for another shot at God’s Gift to Profession Wrestling (AND WOMEN, BABY) again?  Well it seems that you’re in luck because I’m scheduled to beat you senseless one more time.  Who did you piss of in the booking committee?

King: Ohh!!!

Edwin: Huh?  Mak didn’t do anything to me.

Scott: Well regardless of the fact, I’m destined to trample over you and go for that TV title to try and restore some meaning to it.  You’re just in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Sorry, kiddo.

Axis: He shouldn’t be taking Mak Francis too lightly...

Scott: Now to talk about my actions on last Crimson.  I came out to this very ring and declared the start of a new generation, led by myself.  Later on I VIOLENTLY attacked Jacob Helmsley after his match and put him in the hospital.  No mercy.  No remorse.

Edwin: Sadly, that’s right.  Jacob Helmsley was admitted to the Washington, DC hospital after a brutal beating at the hands of Mr. Reid Sunday.  Jake left shortly after against doctor’s orders.  He was reported to have a deep gash on his forehead but that was all that was released.

Axis: Thanks for the update.

Edwin: No pro-blame-o.

King: You suck.

Scott: He was my first example and now Mak Francis has just lined up to be the next.  You see, I didn’t attack Jake because I didn’t like him, which I don’t.  I attacked him for who he was.  Jacob Helmsley is one of the top guys around here, one of the top dogs.  Well now he is lying in a bed with gauze wrapped around his head, probably watching this very show.  Now Mak Francis will be joining him.

Scott takes his eyes off the camera and glares at Hardy with a serious demeanor, as he hands him the mic and makes his exit.  Ben looks a little frightened as he starts up...

Ben: W-Well you’ve heard it here first from the mouth of Scott...err...Mister Reid.

Axis: This doesn’t look good.  We may be seeing a repeat of last Sunday’s events.

Edwin: Lets hope not.  Folks, we’ll be right back after the break.

-------“THE BREAK”-------

The SJL Metal theme defends the excited fans of the Ice Palace in Tampa, Florida where the show is coming from tonight.  The cameras take a pan of the jam-packed arena and end up at the announce table.

Edwin: ...and we’re back!  I’m Edwin MacPhistooooooo alongside Axis and...

King: Cravin’ Morehead.

Edwin: Who’s Craven Morehead?

King: Looks like you are!  AHHHH HA HA HA!!  I crack me up!

Edwin: What?

King: Idiot.

Edwin: ...but I don’t get it.

Axis: I’ll explain it to you later, Edwin.  Anyways, it’s time to kick things off with a match for the number one contendership to the Television Title that has just heated up before the break.

Edwin: That’s right, Axis!  Scott is looking to take Mak Francis out for the last time and make him his next example.  Reid is really making a name for himself, and FAST!

Axis: This match has a little history behind it too, you see, Scott Reid defeated The Franchise in their SJL debut, but now Mak is hot off his win over Cutthroat and is looking to get a little payback.

King: A win over Cutthroat?  Pfft... That’s nothing!  Didn’t Edwin’s panda make him tap to a hammerlock on a house show?

Axis: To Cutthroat’s defense, that was one mean hammerlock.

“ARRRRRE YOUUUUU RRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAADDDDDYYYYYY?!?!!!?!?!?!”

Blue and white lights flash as “Down with the Sickness” tares through the PA and the words ‘Are you Ready’ fly across the Smarks Tron screen as a digital voice echoes them.

“...Cause the Franchise is here.”

Tyler Kinkel comes out on stage and holds the curtains as Mak Francis struts out from the darkness.

Funyon: The following contest is for the NUMBER ONE CONTENDERSHIP to the SMARKS JUNIOR LEAGUE TELEVISION TITLE and is set for one-fall!

Woo!  The fans get pumped and cheer for the important match as Mak heads down the ramp with Tyler keeping the fans away from him and not letting him have their high fives.

Funyon: Introducing first, accompanied to the ring by coach Tyler Kinkel, hailing from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, he weighs in at 225 pounds, ‘The Franchise’ Mak Francis!

Mak slides into the ring as Tyler heads up the steps and over the second rope.  They regroup in the corner where Tyler spits advise so as to not lose again.

Axis: Tyler Kinkel has really redirected Mak from his loss and led him to victory!

King: ...over Cutthroat.  That’s really not much of an accomplishment.

Axis: True that...

“The Pittsburgh Plunge” hits the loudspeakers and Scott Reid, a mic in hand, comes strutting out from behind the curtains with a huge, shit-eating grin across his face. Fans rise to their feet, throwing trash and spitting insults his way, but he just pauses for a second and raises his arms, egging them on.

Funyon: From Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, he weighs in at 237 pounds, Scott Reid!

Scott stands on the stage, basking in his own glory as he raises the mic to his lips and points to Mak in the ring.

Scott (to the fans): Every single one of you morons are staring at the next casualty in my crusade to the top of this league.

Amused, Mak heads to the ropes nearest the stage to confront him as Tyler goes for a mic.  He shouts a few words that don’t quite reach Scott but it feels pretty good to bad-mouth him anyway.  Finally Tyler gets a mic...

Tyler: You think you can pull another upset over The Franchise?

Scott: Upset?  Who told you that? ...And The Franchise?  I thought we’ve been over this...

Mak swipes the mic from Tyler’s hand and brings it to his lips.

Mak: Let me get something straight...

Scott: Shut up, ass!  I’m doing the one doing the talking here!

Mak: Ass?  Lets just see who’s the real ass.

Mak takes a trip across the ring to the left side of the arena and raises his arms.  Fans jump around on their feet and soon a chant is born.

“Asshole... Asshole... Asshole.”

Mak: You hearing this?

He goes the to right side of the arena and does the same.

“Asshole... Asshole...”

Mak: Yeah.

“ASS-HOLE!!  ASS-HOLE!!  ASS-HOLE!!!”

Mak: Fifteen thousand are on their feet agreeing with me.

Scott (to the fans): You’ll shut the hell up!  I SAID, SHUT THE HELL UP!!

This brings delight to the fans as they continue to get under the man’s skin.

“ASS-HOLE!!!  ASS-HOLE!!!  ASS-HOLE!!!!!!”

Scott storms from one side of the stage to another ranting.

Scott: SHUT UP NOW!!!  MAK, YOUR ASS IS MINE!!!

PHT!!  Scott drops the mic and charges down the ramp as Mak slides out of the ring to meet him.

Edwin: It’s on!

They meet towards the bottom of the ramp where Mak floors Scott with a hard right hand, sending him crashing onto his back on the STEEL!  He quickly gets back up, favoring his back as Mak grabs him by the head and directs him into the STEEL guardrail, head first.

Axis: This match hasn’t even started yet and Mak has the offensive on Scott!

Tyler cheers Mak on and barks orders as Mak stomps away at his opposition.  He finally pulls Scott back to his feet and whips him away from the rail, but he holds onto the arm and pulls him back the way he came, sending him back into the STEEL.  Scott writhes in pain as dictated by the look on his face.

Edwin: Mak’s determined not to become Mister Reid’s latest example.  Good for him.

King: Yeah.  It’s good to have dreams.

Mak pulls Scott away from the rail and back to the ramp.  He takes an inverted facelock and snaps Scott over with a Suplex!

Axis: Scott gets another taste of the STEEL!

King: How do you know that’s steel?  It could be another metal...

Edwin: STEEL!!!

He peels Scott of the ramp and leads him over towards the ring, stopping at the STEEL ring steps.

WHAM!!

OHH!!

King: Ouch!  He coulda busted Scott’s nose!

Axis: He wouldn’t want to damage that perfect face, now would he?

King: I know!  It should be a crime!  He’s defacing something of beauty!

Scott’s head bounces off of the steps and he clutches it in agony.  Mak grabs Scott under the chin and presses him against the steps as he shouts at his opposition.  In a look of disgust, Mak backhands Scott across the face!

King: Whoa!

Edwin: Bee-otch slapped like King on a Friday night!

King: I swear she was a lezbo!  Nothing wrong with lezbos, that is.  Well, unless you’re trying to get with them.

Edwin: Didn’t you see her rainbow bracelet?

King: I thought that was the style... You could of given a brotha the heads up!

Axis: King, you’re white.

King: Point taken... but I’m not whiter than Edwin!  He’s British!

Edwin: Uhh... zing?

Mak pulls Scott off the steps by his hair and grabs the top part of the steps as Tyler directs him.  He turns back around to Scott, brandishing the steps in his hands over Scott’s head... Scott scores with a Low Blow!!

Edwin: Boo!

Axis: Low Blow!  Technically this match hasn’t started yet so he cannot be disqualified.

King: Word.

Axis: Must I remind you of your whiteness every minute?

King: You just tryin to hold a brotha down.

Mak drops the steps to the side and Scott gets back onto his feet before rolling Mak into the ring.  The referee calls for the bell.

DING! DING! DING!

Axis: Finally, the match has officially begun.

Scott climbs up in the apron and over the second rope, entering the ring.  He immediately seizes his advantage and goes to work on Mak with some harsh boots to the ribs, keeping him grounded until Scott pulls him to his feet.  He backs Mak against the ropes... Irish Whip!

Axis: Mak reverses, sending Scott across the ring!

Scott comes back swinging Clothesline... Mak ducks and Scott continues to the opposite ropes.  He comes back... Mak catches him for a Hiptoss... Scott blocks at and swings another Clothesline... Mak ducks and Scott ends up taking a side headlock on the former All-American.

Axis: Great series of reversals...

Mak charges to the side, ramming Scott into the ropes and bouncing him off... Scott hits the ropes ahead and rebounds... right into a stiff Shoulder Block as Mak rages forward!  Scott lays on his back stunned.

Axis: ...and Mak Francis floors Mister Reid to finish it off!  He goes for the first cover of the match-up...

ONE!

TWO!!

Edwin: Scott fires the shoulder up at two!

Axis: Good to see you’re still paying attention.

Edwin: Oh, of course.

Mak stays on his opponent, having Tyler tell him to from ringside.  He grabs Scott by the head and hauls him to his feet and backs him into the corner.  Mak drapes Scott’s arm over the top rope and rears back...

CHOP!

“WHOO!!”

CHOP!

“WHOOOOO!!!”

CHOP!!

“WHOOOOOOOO!!!”

Edwin: The fans sure are enjoying the sight of Scott Reid in pain...

King: ...the bastards.

CHOP!!!

“WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

Scott doubles over in pain and covers his chest with his arms, covering the red welts.  Mak straightens him back up and goes for another chop!

Smack!

“WHOO!!!”

Scott’s face reddens and he fires back with a chop of his own!

“WHOO!!!”

Mak answers with another knife-edge!

“WHOO!!!”

Scott retaliates with an open-hand slap to the chest!

“WHOO!!!”

Mak lands one more brutal chop and Scott has to turn away to avoid any more punishment...

“WHOO!!!”

...but Mak pulls him back around and lands another chop!

“WHOO!!”

Scott tenses his ruby-red muscles in pain as blood swells in his chest and the fans go off in pleasure.  One more chop sends Scott to his knees.

“WHOO!!”

Edwin: He just chopped Scott Reid down to size!

Scott grabs onto Mak’s attire and pleads with him, begging him to stop.  Mak tries to get Scott off of him but Scott pulls himself back up and covers up with his hands as to not be hit.

Axis: What a coward!  We come here to rassle!

Edwin: Yeah.  He doesn’t look so Jake-pounding tough now!

Axis: You have to remember that Scott jumped Jake from behind and it was after Jake’s match... he was tired.

King: Now that’s planning!

Mak looks at Scott in his pathetic form as Scott backs up... Scott boots him in the gut outta nowhere, doubling The Franchise!

King: Ahh ha ha!  Scott lured him in on that one!

He unloads with a huge right hand into the side of Mak’s head, straightening him back up before he backs him into the ropes... Whip!  Mak holds onto Scott’s arm and turns, pulling him into a Shortarm Clothesline, stopping all of Scott’s momentum with a crashing halt and Mak taunts it up.

Axis: Mak with a little celebration showboating...

Edwin: He had better be careful because no matter how weak and cowardly and cocky and—

King: ...we get it.

Edwin: Well no matter how he looks, Scott is a veritable threat.

Mak hauls Scott back onto his feet and goes for a whip of his own... he is successful as Scott races across the ring.  Mak ducks down for the Back Body Drop as Scott hits the ropes and comes back...

Edwin: Scott scores with a HUGE DDT!!  He has just bought himself some time to catch his breath!

Both men down as the referee anxiously paces about, checking on both of them as Tyler Kinkel’s ear-piercing voice cuts through the cheers and jeers of the fans.

Tyler:  C’mon, bay-bay!  Get up!  Get up!!!

King: Someone get me a silencer.

Axis: Something to quiet Kinkel or a silencer for a gun?

King: Either or...

Tyler helplessly slams his hands on the canvas as the tow men stir in the ring.  Scott makes it up first and goes to town on Mak with a few weary stomps to his head as he also fights to his feet, plagued with Scott’s attacks.  Scott lets him up a little but keeps him at bay with the occasional kick and stomp.

Edwin: Scott has taken control of this match-up.

King: ...as to be expected.

Scott grapples him up and hits a...

Axis: Beautiful Side Belly-to-Belly Suplex!

Scott gets back onto his feet and glares at Mak on his back in disgust as he places his boot on The Franchise’s face.  Scott flexes for the fans but is met with a mass of hatred.  The official drops down for the count...

Edwin: A show of disrespect...

ONE!

TWO!  Mak instantly fires his shoulder up, sending even more of his energy.

Edwin: Scott should’ve obviously hooked the leg on that attempt.

King: The whole disrespect was the point, you ditz.

Scott laughs as Mak sits up to get onto his feet and then drops down behind him, clawing at Mak’s eyes.  The referee quickly stops him.

Axis: Some dirty tricks here with an eye rake.  Scott is hell-bent on causing Mak some pain.

Scott barks at the referee as he gets back up and pulls Mak onto his feet and ducks under his arm into a rear waistlock...

Axis: Belly-to-Back Suplex!  Scott holds the bridge...

ONE!

TWO!

...and Mak kicks out.

Edwin: Good resilience by the rookie.

Scott looks up at the referee in a cold glare and hooks Mak’s leg for another cover...

Axis: Another one...

ONE!

TWO!

Axis: ...and a kickout at two!

King: That’s right Scotty, keep the pressure on!

Scott bursts onto his feet and into the official’s face bitching and moaning about a slow count but the referee stands firm and grants Scott no ground.  He realizes his efforts are in vain and goes back to work on Mak...  Who is already back on his feet! ...though weary.  Mak shakes the proverbial cobwebs loose and meets Scott with a punch!

Edwin: Mak Francis tries to battle back into control of the match-up!

Scott retaliates with a right hand of his own... Mak answers!  Scott throws another punch... blocked and Mak tags another one.  Scott tries again... blocked and Mak peppers him with another swift right!

Edwin: Scott is losing the fisticuffs!

Mak goes for another right... but Scott scores with a knee in the gut and then a whip!

King: ...and Scott is back in control!  There’s that veteran coming out on top.

Mak comes off the ropes, ducks a sloppy Rear Elbow and hits to ropes ahead... He rebounds and takes to the air...

Edwin: Huge Flying Forearm turning Scott Reid inside out!

Scott flies back into the official who violently takes a bump on the apron.

Axis: ALL men down!  Who will make it back onto his feet first?

King: Go Scott!

Tyler: Go Mackey!

Edwin: Go Ref!

After a few seconds Mak crawls up to his feet and brings Scott back onto his feet quickly and into an inverted facelock where he clutches Scott’s leg in the Fisherman setup.  Scott fights the cradle with the life left in him as Mak tries to grapple him up...

Edwin: He’s going for the Franchise Tag!!

Axis: ...but it’s too early!  He needs to wear Scott down a bit more!

King: Damn rookies and their rookie mistakes.

Mak finally muscles Scott up for the Suplex but Scott kicks his leg free from Mak’s grasp and turns, landing on his feet behind him... He grabs Mak by the arm and wheels him around... BANG!!!  Mak over-sells like Hiroshima and then drops like a rock.

Axis: THE PITTSBURGH PLUNGE!!!  Scott nailed the Pittsburgh Plunge!  That rookie mistake really cost him!

Edwin: ...but the referee is still out!

Scott hooks the leg after the HUGE Diamond Cutter... but the referee is nowhere to be found.  Scott soon takes notice and looks around for the zebra-man, spotting him barely moving on the apron facing away from the action.

King: Dammit!

Axis: That’s gotta be what Scott’s thinking.

Scott goes over to the official and horses him around by his shirt, slapping him lightly to wake him.  The referee finally stirs and Scott shoves him towards the downed Franchise.  Scott makes the cover once more, confident that Mak’s out...

ONEEEEE!!

TWOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEE-NOOOO!!!!

Edwin: MAK FRANCIS KICKED OUT!!!

Mak fires his shoulder off of the canvas just in time!

King: Dammit!  That was a long enough count!!  Scotty should be the number one contender right now!

Scott gets back onto his feet in disbelief as the official struggles to do the same.  He yells at the referee and grabs his shirt SCREAMING about the three-count, but the groggy official holds to his ruling.  Scott pulls at his hair, wrecking a perfectly styled haircut.  He looks at Mak still stunned and then glares back at the official before shoving him down on his ass.

Edwin: Hey! There is no reason to attack the ref!

King: How about that slow fucking count we just saw?  Axis’s grandma can count faster!

Axis: She can.

Scott slips his fingers down into his boot, fishing for his signature chain as Tyler revives Mak behind him and slips him a STEEL chair.

Edwin: Mak has a STEEL chair!

Axis: Scott has that infamous chain!  We’ve seen what it can do.

Scott pulls the chain out and slowly wraps it around his fist as Mak makes it back onto his feet, holding the chair up...

King: No!  Don’t turn around!

...but Scott does...

...and WHAM!!

...Scott punched the chair as hard as he can, denting it and knocking it back into Mak’s face!!!

Edwin: Holy crap!  Scott just dented a STEEL chair!

King: Enough with the STEEL crap!  Scott might have broken his fist!

The chair goes flying across the ring.  The proverbial dust clears with Mak on his back, staring up at the lights as Scott discards the chain over the apron and shakes the pain from his fist.  He drops to his knees next to Mak and drags the referee close.

Axis: I’m afraid this is over!  Scott makes the cover.

The half-conscious official makes an even slower count than before...

ONEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

King: Scott has done it!

The relieve referee calls for the bell...

DING! DING! DING!

Funyon: Your winner and NUMBER ONE CONTENDER to the SJL TELEVISION TITLE, SCOTT REID!!!!!

King: He has the title shot!

“The Pittsburgh Plunge” hits the speakers and the fans come together in a mass of boos as Scott rises back to his feet.  The official holds his hand up in victory while Tyler Kinkel slides into the ring and claims the chair before creeping up behind Scott as he pulls his hand away from the official.  Tyler raises the chair...

Axis: Tyler’s got that chair...

Smack!

He hits Scott square on the back but Scott only stumbles a few steps forward from the weak shot and then turns around to spot the shocked coach!

King: Tyler can’t even move!  He’s petrified!

Scott grabs the chair out of his hands...

WHAM!!!

Edwin: OH MY GOD!!!  Scott just wrecked that chair over Tyler Kinkel’s skull!!!

King: He killed Tyler Kinkel!

Axis: No, look.  His blood is warm... and he’s still breathing.

King: Oh...

Edwin: Miraculously.

With his head poking through the other side of the chair, Tyler crumples to the canvas next to his student as Scott staggers back into the corner behind him, where he braces himself before falling into a sitting position, exhausted.

Axis: Scott has just cemented his place as a veritable threat once again tonight!

King: Woo!  We’ll have a new TV champ come Crimson!

Edwin: Eh, I wouldn’t be so sure.  Well, we have even more wrestling goodness coming up after the break so stay tuned folks!

------------------------------

Any comments?  I'd like to know things I could improve upon.  Yeah I guess I could've had more actual wrestling in it but I had the word limit nix those dreams plus that's not my character's style.  Also I did a lot (in/out of the ring, brawling, wrestling, etc) with what I could.

:(

Maybe I'll post my promos for the Scott/TNT angle a little later along with other comments.

:(

Guest redbaron51

*sigh* no comments on my promo...as usual.

People are too interested in "which style should Ash have is hair in" bullshit.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Hey, any comments on my actual match? They'd be greatly appreciated....

(still no one comments)

PLEASE!?

Guest hhh6294

Oh... um... yeah.

Kick ass Promo Xero!

*~*marks like a bitch for the FIRE!*~*

Guest Muzz

T'was a good promo Xero...

But I don't believe a JL'er could knock out a WF World Title contender Even with a microphone in hand.

And no matter what Crusen says, one shot with a microphone couldn't knock someone out.

T'was a good promo Xero...

But I don't believe a JL'er could knock out a WF World Title contender Even with a microphone in hand.

And no matter what Crusen says, one shot with a microphone couldn't knock someone out.

It's wrestling. Suspension of belief. And what is Edwin, a 4 on Vitality? Again, based on wrestling terms, someone around that level doesn't stand up to a standard weapon shot, even if it is a mic.

And there's not a whole world of difference between an JLers ability to swing a weapon and a WFers ability to take said weapon shot, unless that WFer has a Vitality of 6 or 7 at least. You get hit with something that's a credible weapon in the wrestling world, it's still gonna hurt...doesn't matter if you do have all the experience and are in the big leagues. Plus hasn't Xero/the Xero character been here for a very long time? Not like he's a JL rookie here or listed as such.

Please markers, don't auto-job me: :]

Guest Muzz

Eh, I'm probably having flash backs from way back in the JL when someone did the same thing, and everyone got pissed.

My, how times have changed.

A line has to be drawn somewhere. I think it's acceptable with upper-card JL'ers being able to get away with an attack like that. But if a regular JL curtain jerker requests that priviledge for a promo, that's when it shouldn't be accepted.

::mic shots Sacred::

Guest Muzz

But we all know Edwin's insane. ;)

(No sells the mic shot and hits a right hand through a table on Mafia)

Now you can't no sell that!

Guest hhh6294

*~*No Sells it for Mafia*~*

I think that might have been when that tub 'o lard Hamsauce assaulted Bobby Riley, Muzz... but I might be mistaken.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Yeah, dun worry folks.  I've given Xero pretty much carte blanche in this angle, as he long as he promises not to drop pianos or whatever on me.

Commish Edwin is a bit different than WF Edwin, anyway.  WF Edwin would have made the superface underdog comeback, fighting through a busted leg or arm to catch Xero off-guard, Encore Cross him through a table, and, 16 lines and 200 words of flowery environmental description later, get the pin.

I guess I'll hold off on my writing until I can get some comments from my losing match.

Match lost but I don't know what I can do better to win.

Read my match.  The damn thing was good.

I'm probably coming off like a winey bizz-atch but I'm serious...

Guest redbaron51

Reid...if i was you...do not include a promo during your match. Thats just my opinion.

Also be more descriptive in how you do a move, like how you set it up, the execution, and how he/she sold the move.

Instead of

"Reid throws right hands against The Franchise"

use

"Mr. Reid clutches his right hand and with a few quick right hand punches, The Franchise is backed up into the ropes."

Its more descriptive.

Also, try to use comparison like "The are turned off that its darker than a black hole" something like that. It gets the marker's attention, and gives them a visual how dark it is.

If you were over the world limit...then that could be another reason.

Make sure your match flows from beginning to end. If it doesn't flow like a story, then its hard for a marker to read.

Don't put yourself over too much. That could also kill your match too. Ash can tell you about that ;)

Don't try to be the extreme hard guy either. if its one on one, make it a technical match, with near falls like roll ups, school boy, counters and such.

Don't forget about punches. Use them late in the match too.

Guest Insane Clown Dan

Or use something like "Reid knocked Mak's skull sideways on the temple with a stiff, rolled-up knuckle!" and "Mak's skull takes a STIFLING~! drop to the mat... Mak gets laid out by the Pittsburgh Plunge!"

or...

"She moaned and moaned, as trails of sweat poured down her hot sticky body, leaving herself completely defenseless to the swift, subtle fluttering motions of the tongue, and..."

Woops. Wrong commentary ;)

Guest Ash Ketchum

Xero's right, though.

I used to put myself over all the time. Good thing I stopped now, didn't I? :D

But yeah... don't put yourself over.

And in title matches... a ROCK solid ending helps as well. Don't make it too colsed, but not too open. Leave room for us to wonder what's gonna happen next...

Guest Chuck Woolery

MVS here, and for all of ye approval, an example of a title winning ending.  My Euro title match against Ced, Brody, and Erek, minus the lead-in stuff, just the ending.

---

Ordonez gets Van Siclen into Rock Bottom position, holding up his other arm as the crowd roars!  He lifts his leg up extremely high, then sweeps it back, legsweeping MVS perfectly and sending him back-first into the mat with a Kaki Cutter S.T.O, or the Final Surge!

"(Axis) FINAL SURGE ON MIKE VAN SICLEN!"

"(Edwin) Oh, it's alllll over after that move!"

"(King) …No, it isn't.

Ordonez stands up, but Brody comes outta nowhere and kicks Ordonez in the stomach, putting him into a double underhook position, smiling and nodding at all the crowd as he lifts Ordonez up, completely vertical!  The crowd erupts in boos as Brody sits out, crushing Ced Ordonez' head with a double-underhook piledriver, which Brody calls the Descent!

"(Axis) DESCENT!  DESCENT ON CED ORDONEZ!"

"(Edwin) It's all over now!"

"(King) …No it isn't."

Brody stands up, surveying the damage he has done, when Erek Taylor, from behind, gets him into neckbreaker position and sits out… WHAM!  Fame and Fury, or a reverse Stunner, on Shawn Brody!

"(Axis) FAME AND FURY ON SHAWN BRODY!"

"(Edwin) Oh, now it's definitely all over!"

"(King) You keep saying that, and I keep telling you it isn't."

Erek Taylor stands up, now, confident of the victory, but what he doesn't expect is right behind him.  A hand, tapping him on the shoulder, and Taylor whirls around… to see Mike Van Siclen!  Somehow, with the time it took to execute the moves, he recovered, and he whips Taylor into the ropes, bending over for a back body drop and catching Taylor's legs as he goes over MVS, sitting out in a spiked back body drop, better known as the Van Slaminator!

"(Axis) VAN SLAMINATOR!  VAN SLAMINATOR!"

"(Edwin) Nobody has EVER kicked out of that move!  It's over!  It's over!"

"(King) Dammit, how do you know?"

"(Edwin, sighing) Leave it to King to poop on the party…"

King says it's not over, but he fails to tell a weary Van Siclen that, as he just barely manages to drape an arm over Shawn Brody's nearly-unconscious form!

"(Ref, with the crowd chanting at every number) ONE!

TWO!

T

H…"

"(Axis) COULD IT BE!?!"

"(Ref) R

E…"

"(Edwin) IS THIS VAN SICLEN'S RETRIBUTION!?!"

"(Ref) E…!"

::: Ding Ding Ding :::

The crowd explodes into cheers as Funyon struggles to get his next words out.

"(Funyon) The winner, via pinfall, and the NEW Smarks Junior League European Champion, the Amazin' one, MIIIIIIIIIIKE VA-AAAAAN SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC-LEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!"

---

And that is why you should never forget the Amazin' one himself, Mike Van Siclen.

Cheers.

- Mike Van Siclen

I hate you, Tom Flesher, with a passion.  Now, you tell me I'm kidding.

EDIT: I love me.

Sign in to follow this