TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LessonInMachismo

Black Label Society

Terrible record, even by BLS standards. I'd hope you would agree if you've heard their other records(less terrible)

I've heard and own them all. I like it. But I'm a nonconformist, so my opinions on art rarely mesh with those of others.

Guest Deviant

Odd, I'd never heard BLS before, was given this album and loved it, and now want to get more BLS stuff. To each his own, I guess.

Odd, I'd never heard BLS before, was given this album and loved it, and now want to get more BLS stuff. To each his own, I guess.

Book of Shadows: Love it, but it's not metal

Sonic Brew: I like it

Stronger Than Death: I like it, but less than SB

1919 Eternal: Love it

The Blessed Hellride: Love it

VI: Hangover Music: Not big on it, not metal

Mafia: So far, lovin' it

A lot of the time it seems as if Zakk's songwriting is "going through the motions", with his only goal seeming to be able to have a place to solo every five minutes and sing third-rate southern rock lyrics. Zakk's chops are tremendous, as always, but most of his riffs seem like filler, leftover garbage. Mafia is another album that has potential, but all of it is wasted thanks to cliches riffs and lyrics.

Agreed that 1919 Eternal is his best album, and one of my favorite metal albums, coincidentally.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

He's Ted Nugent redux, and will never achieve a status higher than that.

Black Label Society has always been pretty hit and miss, but this album has very few high points. Although I thought it was pretty cool for a while, I'd have to say at this point Zakk really has to cut back on his use of the pinch harmonic.