TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steve J. Rogers

My interesting angle/character idea

A long standing feud between two legends based on the fact that one has never beaten the other.

I kind of based this on Bret Hart-Shawn Michaels as the characters are modeled after them. One the uber-serious technician, the other the cocky ladies man wannabe rock star.

The way I thought it up was, in the Michaels-like character's debut TV match (probably a weekend or B show) he was supposed to win using a move, he misses the move but the Hart-like character (who has been in the promotion about 5 years or so) still sells it, but HBK (going to use HBK and Hart just here as I haven't quite found their names) breaks the script and tries something spontaneous that was completely vetoed prior to the match, Hart shoots all over him and forces the ref to give a three count and eats the punishment.

A year or two goes by and they both face off again for the big title and Hart wins and beats HBK in the rematch. During the buildup the real life situation surrounding HBK's debut match gets mentioned and Hart says he never, ever wants to lose to HBK after what happened.

Not too many different angles happen (with both interchanging heel/face) but a lot of house shows and televised shows between the two occur through a lot of years in the promotion, and the two are quite respected and have won many titles, except HBK still has never beaten Hart.

Till one day HBK just snaps and demands one more shot at Hart (now once again champion) a FINAL shot and HBK if he loses again he will quit, while Hart says the day HBK beats him HE will quit. And just to add special stipulations to the "Loser Leaves Town Match" which would be on the promotion's major PPV of the year, it would be an Iron Man match inside a Hell In A Cell like structure

Naturally HBK wins the match, ending the very, very long angle, probably a good 10 years would be good for the angle to be effective

Steve

That's terrible. You're basically suggesting turning a botched spot into a worked shoot, and hoping for the heat to last ten years? I don't like it at all.

That's terrible. You're basically suggesting turning a botched spot into a worked shoot, and hoping for the heat to last ten years? I don't like it at all.

No, the impotence for the heat in the first place is the botched finish/worked shoot (well it would be kayfabed somehow), from then on its about the HBK guy trying to beat the Hart guy and the Hart guy staying "one step ahead" The first match would be forgoten after their first big match

And, as I said, they'd be kept away from each other for most of the 10 years in terms of major angles/storylines, maybe 5-7 big PPV matches (including tag/battle royals/ect) the rest just random TV matches/house show matches/ect

Steve

No, the impotence for the heat in the first place is the botched finish/worked shoot (well it would be kayfabed somehow), from then on its about the HBK guy trying to beat the Hart guy and the Hart guy staying "one step ahead" The first match would be forgoten after their first big match

And, as I said, they'd be kept away from each other for most of the 10 years in terms of major angles/storylines, maybe 5-7 big PPV matches (including tag/battle royals/ect) the rest just random TV matches/house show matches/ect

Steve

Oh, the heat would be impotent all right. And if the initial angle is forgotten after a year, than you really have an even worse idea, because besides that, all you mentioned is that he lost to the guy a few times, and then beat him after ten years.

For comparison, Austin had beaten Rock twice in the main event of Wrestlemania, and also in about four other notable matches, but by the time they faced each other at WM XIX, no one really cared at all.

No, the impotence for the heat in the first place is the botched finish/worked shoot (well it would be kayfabed somehow), from then on its about the HBK guy trying to beat the Hart guy and the Hart guy staying "one step ahead"  The first match would be forgoten after their first big match

Steve

Oh, the heat would be impotent all right. And if the initial angle is forgotten after a year, than you really have an even worse idea, because besides that, all you mentioned is that he lost to the guy a few times, and then beat him after ten years.

For comparison, Austin had beaten Rock twice in the main event of Wrestlemania, and also in about four other notable matches, but by the time they faced each other at WM XIX, no one really cared at all.

Actually it'd be more than just a handfull, probably in the hundreds if you add house shows and random TV matches

Steve