TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

DOI reporting that Chris Candido has died...

The DOI has found out today from NWS Promoter Joe Panzarino, that one of the greats in the business, Chris Candido, passed away tonight. The early reports is that Candido died from a staph infection. This is all we know as of right now. We at the DOI are hoping that this story isn't true, but as of right now according to Joe Panzarino and Balls Mahoney, Chris Candido passed away today at a young age.

The DOI sends its condolences to the friends, family and fans of Chris Candido.

Hopefully this isn't true... :(

It's basically an independent wrestling news site, that used to report ONLY for the Northeast, but is now spreading it's coverage.

Well, I HOPE this isn't true. The man was literally on a wrestling COMEBACK! He was having great matches at TNA, and hell, the last time I saw him in person...

...he came to a local indy fed in my area. It was him and Justin Credible. Candido fought with one of the home talent there, and his match was AWESOME. He had that wrestling fire lit under his ass. It was great.

I HOPE THIS ISN'T TRUE!

This doesn't make any sense. He had succesful surgery and was at the iMPACT! tapings in a wheel chair and was expected to make a recovery. How does he within 2 days develop an infection and die!? And maybe I don't know about staph infections but Nash has one on his leg and it's not life threatening...

I wonder how a staph infection can spread SO QUICKLY that it would kill him in 2 days!

I hope it was some miscommunication. The DOI hasn't confirmed it yet. They are just reporting it.

Gabe Sapolsky posted:

"I don't really know what to say so here is a thread for Chris. I'll post some thoughts on him once I'm out of this state of shock."

So I guess it's slowly making the rounds or whatever...Chris, since his return, had been so damn entertaining. His stuff in IWA-MS was some of the funniest work I'd ever seen in my life. He was so damn good.

I know the DOI hasn't posted confirmation, but apparantly this is true.

I have a friend that happens to know one of Chris Candido's personal friends. Just finished talking to him/her, and she confirmed it as well. She said it was a blood clot that killed him during surgery. People STILL can't believe that this is true though.

I hope it isn't...

Good lord, that is a quick infection. Just terrible, terrible news after cleaning himself up, making a comeback and even after the injury still coming to work with a spot and having his medical bills paid for and now this.

Oh man, I just thought, Sonny Siaki must feel awful right now, as it was him who landed on Candido's leg akwardly. :(

Just depressing all around...

I googled staph infection a few weeks back and here is what I remember.

Staph infections are common. Chances are, well no chances, you DO probably have the staph bacteria on your skin now. Sometimes it isnt serious, sometimes it is. It enters your body thru cuts and other stuff. I have one on my eye, them things called a stye, them itchy bumps on your eye lid are staph infections. My guess is he had one that he didnt think was serious or when he went under the knife, said knife wasnt clean and that killed him. I'd go with the second one.

I never really paid much attention to CC, all I know is that him and Tammy were cokeheads. And no, please I dont want to be put up on him. But Im still shocked over it. It always seems like when a person is trying to make a comeback they die, thats why Im shocked. Like Curt Hennig, maybe Davey Boy, dont remember. Its like "Damn, he was just on TV this afternoon/last week"

Like Curt Hennig, maybe Davey Boy, dont remember. Its like "Damn, he was just on TV this afternoon/last week"

Yeah but this difference is they were in deteriorating health. Bulldog could barely walk and Hennig's last match in TNA was so sad to watch because he was obviously drugged out of his mind. Candido's situation is so awful because he had cleaned himself up, was in good shape, good spirits and keeping up with the younger TNA workers. He walked in, and earned himself a job with an excellent match and even after snapping his leg shows up to work and stays involved...

CM Punk just wrote this on his LiveJournal:

"Friday, April 29th, 2005

3:07 pm I fucking quit.

Nothing fucking matters. Not all the hard work, not all the miles and sleepless nights.

Nothing. God fucking damnit. It's not right. fuck. It's so not fucking right.

I miss you Chris.

I really fucking miss you.

FUCK.

XpunkX"

http://www.livejournal.com/users/cmpunk/

CHRIS CANDIDO PASSES AWAY

By: Bob Ryder

4/29/2005 12:31:56 AM

Chris Candido passed away Thursday night after collapsing earlier in the evening and being rushed to a hospital by ambulance. The cause of death is unknown at this time.

Candido had suffered a serious ankle injury at the Lockdown pay-per-view on Sunday and had surgery to repair the injury on Monday evening. Candido appeared at TNA's iMPACT taping on Tuesday night in Orlando just hours after being released from the hospital.

The news comes as an absolute shock to all of us who have worked with Chris in recent months. On behalf of everyone at 1wrestling.com, our thoughts and prayers are with Tammy and his family and friends.

I went to TNA's website and this is still up.... :(

04.27.05 | CANDIDO INJURY UPDATE

INJURY UPDATE ON CHRIS CANDIDO

candido.jpg

Following his ankle injury at Lockdown, Chris Candido underwent successful surgery on Monday evening in Orlando, Florida. The procedure to repair Candido’s injury involved doctors inserting two steel plates and pins into his ankle.

On Tuesday afternoon, Candido surprised many in TNA when he arrived at the arena to take part in the Impact TV tapings (see photo). Despite being confined to a wheelchair and having to use crutches to walk, Candido was ringside for matches involving The Naturals.

On Wednesday morning, Candido flew back home to New Jersey and is expected to be in attendance at the May “Hard Justice” Pay-Per-View. Everyone at TNA wishes Candido a speedy recovery as we look forward to his in-ring return.

And...it's OFFICIAL. :angry:

Candito passes away

[email protected]

Details are still sketchy regarding the death of Chris Candito (Chris Candido) earlier today at the age of 33.

There are conflicting reports regarding the cause of death, and the police in Matawan, NJ, where he lives, were not able to confirm his death.

Candito suffered a broken leg on Sunday's Lockdown PPV from TNA, and underwent surgery on Monday. He appeared as a manager at the TV tapings Tuesday night before returning home.

Candido was a prominent part of tomorrow's TNA Impact TV show, interfering and leading to The Naturals winning the NWA tag titles over Chris Harris & James Storm.

This is especially depressing, since it seemed Candido had really been coming back full-force lately.

I just hope this doesn't send Tammy over the edge now. She's worked too hard to clean herself up to have it all thrown away at this point.

Guest OSIcon
Like Curt Hennig, maybe Davey Boy, dont remember. Its like "Damn, he was just on TV this afternoon/last week"

Yeah but this difference is they were in deteriorating health.

Yea.

Not to compare one death to another, but Candido's death seems so sad and unfortunate to me because he clearly had turned his life around. I don't watch Impact all the time, but the few times I caught a Candido match, he looked really good. He bumped really well and was very sharp. His heel manerisms were also top notch. He was definitely making a comeback, which couldn't be said for those other guys and was still relatively young.