TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimmy no nose

Andrew wk

Guest jimmy no nose

Does anyone here agree that Andrew WK is the greatest band to be played on MTV?  I haven't enjoyed anything on MTV in ages and I just love these guys.  Even without the crazy video.  I liked them the first time I heard them on the radio and the video just adds to the greatness.  Anyone else have the CD?  If you've only heard that It's Time to Party song, I think that it's by far not the best on the CD.  Gets my recomendation for almost anyone.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Oh, Andrew W.K. is brilliant. The music isn't genius by any stretch of the word, but shit like "I Get Wet" and "Ready to Die" is the most addictive, flat-out fun music to come around the pipe in a long while.

I'm just finally glad to see a big silly rocker who doesn't take himself as seriously as the whole nu-metal crowd.  And at live shows, he drops balloons on the crowd.  How cool is that?

Guest Youth N Asia

I'm glad that simple, dumb, loud, party music is back in the mainstream...everything doesn't have to be "art"...music's suppose to be fun in the first place.

And although he's loony as all hell...he seems like a pretty cool guy from what I've seen of him in interviews.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Anyone read the "interview" with Mssr. W.K. over at the Onion AV Club?  I put it in quotes because it's basically them asking one or two questions and him expounding on each for what must have been 10 to 15 minutes apiece.  Hilarious...and interesting, too.

Guest saturnmark4life

I really, really, really love the guy. His interviews are funny, his music makes me happy and party hard is one of the greatest chart tracks i've ever heard in my life. When people criticise him they always come across as obnoxious purist snobs. Do they not get it? Of course you have your opinions but what harm is he doing? it's not as if he's spearheading a new movement of 80's party metal, it's just him.

I can't wait to see him this summer at leeds, though i'm concerned about crowd backlash. Heck, You'd have to shoot him to stop him playing. Par-tay hard.

Guest Mark4steamboat

eh he's ok. the music is great but his vocals are blah. he could be better but i do like the album.

Guest Mystery Eskimo

He's great. Did you hear what his next album will be called? "I get wetter". Genius.

Guest saturnmark4life
He's great. Did you hear what his next album will be called? "I get wetter". Genius.

WHY isn't this guy president???

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

In other W.K. news, Best Buy is selling the album for $6.99 this week.  Sally forth, young soldiers.

Guest Youth N Asia

$6.99??

Boo Yah!! I have to go there for the Boxcar Racer cd anyway, I was going to have my brother burn it for me...but at that price I'll just buy the real thing and get the cool cover.

If we start now we may be able to get him on the ballot in 2004...

WK in 2004!

Guest dilk bathoon

up until andrew w.k, i was living in a shitty one room appartment, working part time at the local recycling factory, and spending all my money on the gypsy whore living down the street in a tent. however, after i heard "i get wet", i decided to turn my life around and am now the CEO of my own multinational bumper sticker factory. i'd like to credit one mr. w.k. for helping me clean up my act. the checks in the mail.

P.S. there is nothing in the message that is not a lie.

Guest Youth N Asia

I just got the cd Tuesday ($6.99 Best Buy)...

It kicks so much ass  I cannot begin to explain.

It's loud, fast, dumb, party rock...and I knew that going in and I love it...it's just fun. This guy probably puts on a kick ass live show.

For the $6.99 I paid I STRONGLY reccomend this cd.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

His live show is bloody fucking amazing.

He drops *balloons* on the crowd.  It's so tacky that it absolutely rules.

Big dumb music, but it has a simple charm, and always picks me up.  BUY BUY BUY!

Guest evenflowDDT

Hmmm.... I saw this CD at Target today, and though I didn't buy it, I noticed there was a HUGE black censor-box over the cover on the wrapping from his eyes on down.  What's so offensive about the cover art that they would have to do this?

Guest Youth N Asia

Same at Best Buy

He has a huge trail of blood from his nose down his chin...very bloody...and yet they show it in the background in the video

Guest saturnmark4life

I can't believe that. Here in the UK record stores have now censored on posters but not on the actual cd. And of course it was all over the front of magazones when it came out. Whatever. My love for him will never die. Just saying.