TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LaParkaYourCar

Harry Potter Movies

Goblet especially, which just came out on DVD only a few months ago.

...GOF came out on dvd last march. it's been out for 10 months.

The last 20 minutes of OoTP will be in 3-D.

Which will be the fight in the Ministry, which BETTER be a fuckin sick fight

New Potter trailer that doesn't have very good quality but it's better nothing. The offical one will come out tomorrow.

Just looks like they made the Voldemort/Harry confrontation at the MoM a bit longer.

Two things they need to have, IMO:

- Harry being forced to write "I must not tell lies" with his blood and scarring his hand. It shows just how evil Umbridge was and brings out the stubbornness of Harry's character.

- Dumbledore's speech to Harry in his office after the Battle of the Ministry. Shows Dumbledore's love for Harry which makes

Dumbledore's death

that much harder for Harry to deal with. IMO, it's very important for the sixth film.

The International trailor looks wicked. I always liked book five just because I loved the idea of Harry creating his own group to train, while TPTB in the wizarding world did alot of handringing over you know who being back.

And it won't be, so it won't do it justice.

I kind of hope they cut most of the Cho stuff out but I know they won't.

I think the good thing about a 2:30 time limit (thats around what the other ones were) is it'll cut out most of the overly long, but good for a print medium subplots. This movie should be Harry-centric considering it's called Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I'd prefer another fifteen minutes to be a little more faithful to its source, but I went into GOF positive and ended up enjoying it because they got the gist of the book IMO. I wouldn't want the movies to be the same word for word as the books because I've already read the books. These films should be adaptions first and foremost... which is why I liked what they did with POA and GOF. After watching that trailer, this look like the best adaption yet.

IIRC OotP is the LONGEST one by far, wasn't HBP shorter?

All the cuts irked me regarding GoF, this one will be twice as bad.

You're right, OOTP is the longest by far. I think the issue should be more about does this movie get to the heart of the book. Tons of cuts for sure, but it'll be stuff like Quidditch and Ron and Hermione's subplots. I dug Ron's in the book, but they could intergrate that in with the whole love triangle in HBP and not lose a step. Harry's story is most important and it looks as though they understand that.

Order of the Phoenix is the longest but it also feels the most padded. There's really no reason to barrage the viewers with example after example after example of Umbridge being a tyrannical dictator. I mean I'm sure there will be plenty of that in the movie, but there's a LOT of that in the book, almost to the point of repetition. I daresay this will be easier to adapt than GoF.

The US version of the trailer is out in QUicktime. Looks great, similar to the international trailer. In fact, I recognized a ton of stuff from the book right there, from all stages of the plot, the whole through-line is there in the trailer, so the general plot and happenings will be intact.

If they cut out anything I hope they get rid of Hagrid and his stupid giant brother or whatever the f that lame subplot was.

Well he is in the movie, I remember seeing storyboards/sketches of him. And a review of a screening had him in it.

Well, the Patal twins are different. In POA, you can see her face the bogart and it is a different girl from GoF.

Book Hermione is sooooo much better than movie Hermione. Movie Hermione is a mix of book Hermione and book Ginny. Very annoying.

Guest Jacob Cross

I can't stand movie Hermione. In Prisoner of Azkaban they gave her lines that belonged to other characters like Ron and Dumbledore and then made Ron looke like a wuss. Ron's most powerful line in the book was spoken by Hermione in the movie. I'm referring to "If you want to kill Harry you'll have to kill us first!" Ron said that in the book while standing on a broken freakin leg!

I blame Steve Kloves and his obsession with the Hermione character for this terrible portrayal. I also put some blame on Emma Watson as she goes around in interviews talking about how she's "improved" the character and made it her own.

Question...

I've seen jokes in several places in the last few months (Epic Movie, The Craig Ferguson Show) basically saying that Radcliff is getting too old for the part. Does anyone think this is a problem?

I'm not sure about Grint & Watson, but Radcliff was only a year older than the character was supposed to be when he filmed the first one.

Now he's two years older (since they've been taking a year and a half between movies), but people are acting like he's 25 and trying to pass himself off as a teenager. Does anyone really think they look too old for the parts?

No. The problem is that people still think that the kids are supposed to be the same age in every film, ala James Bond or virtually any other film series, which obviously isn't true. It is particularly ridiculous with Emma Watson, who until the most recent film was younger than her character.

No. There are always parts played by actors that are older than the said part is supposed to be. Alysson Hannigan was in her twenties, I believe, when she played a high school sophomore on Buffy. And how old did the cast of Saved by the Bell get befroe they finally 'moved on' to college?

Unless he starts looking much, much older than he should keep the part. Besides, these moveis will be wrapped up in three years- he'll be fine.

Guest Jacob Cross

In Half Blood Prince Harry is supposed to be 16, in Deathly Hallows Harry will be 17. So the age difference is not that big of a deal. By the time Deathly Hallows is made into a movie Radcliffe will be almost in his 20's or already in his 20's so it's not that big of a stretch.

I saw the trailer in the cinema today, looked fucking great.

Ive only read the first two books (dont get on with long books, like films) but ive been really impressed with the last 2 films.

I did try to read the next book so i could do the comparisson, so i went to a friends house to borrow it:

Me: Can I borrow OoTP please?

Friend: *Hands me this phone book sized book*

Me: I'll wait for the film.

Guest Jacob Cross

Yeah the books are big, but they are good enough that you won't care about the size. In fact I'm usually ready for more when I'm done with them.