TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LaParkaYourCar

Harry Potter Movies

Bob Hoskins was right there for the using.

Is it a teaser or the real trailer? I'll watch the teaser, but I'll refrain from looking at the real trailer.

I'm sure mole will find something to complain about.

It's 90 seconds but I'd definitely call it way more of a teaser than a trailer. It focuses on one scene that's set in the past.

Is it a teaser or the real trailer? I'll watch the teaser, but I'll refrain from looking at the real trailer.

I'm sure mole will find something to complain about.

I don't think you understand, I really like the movies. I just wish they were better.

And I never hear you complain about anything Bob....

Yeah, it looked pretty good. I was wondering what they were going to focus on in the trailer; either Harry and the HBP book or Voldy.

According to USA Today, they recast the role of teenage Voldermort. IMDB says the the guy from the end of Chamber of Secrets was probably 22 when they filmed that, meaning he'd have been 29 when the filmed Half-Blod Prince and thus too old to play a teenager.

I guess they didn't have a choice, but I had been pleased by the fact that they're hadn't been any recasting except for Michael Gambon having to replace Richard Harris.

Was it ever mentioned in the book or movie how old the Voldermort that Harry encountered in Chamber of Secrets was compared to how old he'll be depicted in the flashbacks in Half-Blood Prince?

The Voldemort in COS is in his 7th year, I think, which would make him 17 or so.

Voldemort in HBP ranges from 11 (when Dumbledore first meets him) to 16 (talking to Slughorn about Horcruxes) to 18 (asking Dumbledore for the DADA job).

I don't think they had a choice. The kid who played him in COS looked old even then.

I watched it. Good stuff, got me pumped for November

Are you serious? This movie comes out in November? Holy shit does time fly.

'Harry Potter 6' Moves To Summer 2009

Warner Bros Pictures today moved back the release date of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince to day-and-date domestically and in the major international markets on July 17, 2009. Studio boss Alan Horn cited "repercussions of the writers’ strike, which impacted the readiness of scripts for other films -- changing the competitive landscape for 2009 and offering new windows of opportunity that we wanted to take advantage of. We agreed the best strategy was to move Half-Blood Prince to July, where it perfectly fills the gap for a major tent pole release for mid-summer.” Apparently, the move was subordinate Jeff Robinov's idea. But he confirmed that the release date change does not alter the production schedule for the two-part Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/harr...to-summer-2009/

Damnit

This pisses me off. That was the one movie this winter I was actually looking forward to going to see. Once again the studios fuck over the people who pay them.

I pulled this off of the comments on the Mugglenet story:

Everyone, please contact these individuals to complain. Make your voices heard. Domestic Contact: Susan Fleishman, 818-954-1919 susan.fleis [email protected] or International Contacts: Jayne Trotman, 020 7984 5222 jayne.trotman@warne rbros.com Desiree Finnegan, 818-954-3397 desiree.fin [email protected] or Head of Harry Potter Production Publicity: Vanessa Davies, 011-44-192-368-5131 vane [email protected]

I doubt it will make a difference, but I think I'll be e mailing people tomorrow. Holding a film back for almost a year when you've already released a teaser stating the release date is absurd.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the movie. I just think that Warner Bros does not have a big release planned for next summer. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince was really the only film in their ranks that could be considered a guaranteed money maker for Summer 2009 so they felt they had to push it back to compete. It wouldn't look good for them to be making such tremendous money this summer with The Dark Knight and then fall off next year with nothing that could even come close to bringing in so many millions.

Not saying I agree with them doing it so close to the release date -- because I don't -- but this looks like it was a strictly financial decision they made.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the movie. I just think that Warner Bros does not have a big release planned for next summer. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince was really the only film in their ranks that could be considered a guaranteed money maker for Summer 2009 so they felt they had to push it back to compete. It wouldn't look good for them to be making such tremendous money this summer with The Dark Knight and then fall off next year with nothing that could even come close to bringing in so many millions.

Not saying I agree with them doing it so close to the release date -- because I don't -- but this looks like it was a strictly financial decision they made.

This is prolly what happened. The story even says something about the writer's strike messing up scripts (read, we had something planned for Summer 09, but got shafted) and then goes on to say that the Deathly Hallows are still on track. The movie is going to be fine, this is purely a business move so they don't get raped in 09.

Upon re-watching the first one, it's a lot more awful than I originally thought. I at least gave it credit for the effects and the performances of the more seasoned actors, but the CGI gets really bad and never gets good enough to make up for the times when it looks like VeggieTales. And the adult actors that aren't named Richard Harris either overact and milk the scenes something awful. Alan Rickman actually does shifty eyes! These things got WAY better when they started getting real directors.